How is Rift pvp for 2.1/2.2?

I played rift for about a month at launch before i got burnt out on the 1.2 ptr doing some pvp, game was pretty imbalanced, with some spec combinations being absolute nightmares, such as dominator or 2H justicar with a healer side-spec.

but that was nearly 2 years ago, Im thinking of resubbing for pvp but im hearing in these forums that its super bursty and imbalanced still.

I want to play some tank specs cuz i generally love being hard to kill while still being able to deal dmg.

Would u recommend rifts pvp?

also check out my theory tank builds:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....Etog0c00d.-11 - High absorb/healing with low hp(defiler self debuff) 2h justicar dps

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...omRosssR0G.-11 - High absorb/endurace with ok healing and (i presume) high damage sword/board hybrid paladin/Vk dps

I honestly think these builds are pretty good(at-least the warrior spec) for pvp but I dont play lv 60 stuff to know.

First of all rifr.zam provies 80 talents for soul build which is wrong so you have better to check ur build,since its foull updated in rift.magelo.com.
    Imo although im not playing cleric try to use shaman soul in ur build which i find it really interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the PvE changes, the game is completely different. From my limited experience as an end-game PvE'er, Most classes work best with 61 spec builds. A pve end-gamer would be more knowledgeable than me. Inquisicar and things like that don't work so well any more. But, even if you ditched all hybrids and only used 61-spec builds, that's 36 different class playstyles, so still a lot of variety.

Just been bored lately and waiting for Trion to bring out the new patch. Hope they aren't pulling a Blizzard on us :P

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Judging by the PvE changes, the game is completely different. From my limited experience as an end-game PvE'er, Most classes work best with 61 spec builds. A pve end-gamer would be more knowledgeable than me. Inquisicar and things like that don't work so well any more. But, even if you ditched all hybrids and only used 61-spec builds, that's 36 different class playstyles, so still a lot of variety.

Just been bored lately and waiting for Trion to bring out the new patch. Hope they aren't pulling a Blizzard on us :P
    so uh what about that pvp though?

Rift is not really a PVP centric game. Everything PVP is as awful as ever. FOTM specs come and go, but the core of PVP is just the same as ever.

I would not recommend gear based PVP in any MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rift is not really a PVP centric game. Everything PVP is as awful as ever. FOTM specs come and go, but the core of PVP is just the same as ever.

I would not recommend gear based PVP in any MMO.
    would u say its better or worse than wow's pvp in terms of balance?
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2013-02-09 at 05:42 PM.

I don't play World of Warcraft.

Compared to other MMOs, Rift's PVP is pretty awful.

Fencers right, when I still played Rift it was all about gear. And the pvp gear grind was way to big inn Rift, so any who grinded for long was always god mode. Gear based pvp blows.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO