Heroic Will & Spark Management (10)

We just tried this encounter on Thursday and we seemed to get a little overwhelmed at the start. I know we have many cool downs at our disposal but I am having trouble understanding the timers since the double set is throwing me off and therefore assigning cool downs is problematic. I hope maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

We are planning to do the burn 4 rage together strategy or kill rages as they come. Not sure which is the best strategy to approach given our make up and CD's at our disposal.

Prot Warrior: Shield Wall + Last stand
    Brewmaster Monk: Dampen Magic and Green Bubble
    Resto Druid: Deterrence
    Feral Druid: Survival Instincts + Barkskin & Dispersion
    Shadow Priest: Dispersion
    Arcane/Frost Mage: Iceblock & Cauterize
    Warlock: Dark Bargain & Unending Resolve
    Elemental Shaman: Astral Shift
    Discipline Priest: Pain Suppression
    Hunter: Deterrence

I understand that warlocks and mages can blink/port, but I rather not play with fire. Thank you for your time.

Hi,

What I've heard is that in 10HC, you can just dps the sparks down, as long as they don't reach the players.
    Otherwise hunters/rogues are very good for this. You could have hunter do one lot, and shadow priest the next, hunter again, then SP...etc

You can have your Mage do every courage spark, if timed right you can blink away from the explosion and take no damage. I was doing this in our kill and using caut as a fail safe with ice block as a back up.

you dont need that many people soaking here what we did for our kill with a similar comp

tanks take the first 2 sparks from rages we kill the first strength spawn:

from here this is your normal rotation the rest of the fight

rages they take all of them
    resto druid, hunter, holy pally, warlock, hunter

strengths
    ret pally, enhance shammy, boomkin

courage's
    feral druids get them all yours should be able to.

for your group it will probs look something like this

tanks first wave kill strength spark

rages
    resto druid, hunter, warlock, mage(if u kite the sparks over him) it should work with practice, hunter

strengths
    spriest might be able to get them all other wise do spreist, shammy, spriest

courage
    feral druid

your priest can then use pain suppress on someone that fucks there cds up or on a tank getting his ass beat

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not mine, but we did something similar, lest the anal timers.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XTnVYX3c#gid=0
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    We divided this fight on phases containing 3sets of rages 2 sets of strenght and 1 courage. Every phase ends when there is this short pause in add spawning. There are 2,5 minutes between start of each phase, so all of your 2-2,5 minutes defensive cds will be up each time you have to soak spark. However there is this starting phase when bosses aren't out yet, and this 'starting phase' contains all of the mentioned adds, but there is no pause before next normal add phase. To deal with that you have to use other cds then the ones you are going to use during normal add phase. For example:

---Fight starts, 'starting add phase' begins---
    1st rage: tank cd
    1st strenght: tank cd
    2nd rage: tank cd
    courage tank cd
    ---Bosses spawn---
    3rd rage: rdruid detterence
    2nd strenght: warlock cd
    ---Normal add phase starts here---
    1st rages: hunter detterence
    1st strenght: feral with glyphed survival instincts
    2nd rages: feral with symbiosis dispersion
    courage: priest dispersion
    3rd rages: hunter detterence
    2nd strenght: mage cauterize/greater invis
    ---Add phase ends here---

Repeat every normal add phase and collect loot.

PS: you can swap priest/feral dispersion if you have trouble dpsing 1st strenght before 2nd rages spawn
    PS2: english isn't my native language, so forgive me any mistakes i made

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    This is not mine, but we did something similar, lest the anal timers.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XTnVYX3c#gid=0

Thank you for the link to that document. It should help out a lot. When we try again on Tuesday, hopefully we have cleaner attempts.

We put 2 melee on strengths full time. Rogue gets the spark
    Ranged on rages full time. Hunter can get every 2nd set of rage sparks. We alternated spriest/boomkin for the other rages.
    We kill the courage spark.

Got us our kill this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    We just tried this encounter on Thursday and we seemed to get a little overwhelmed at the start. I know we have many cool downs at our disposal but I am having trouble understanding the timers since the double set is throwing me off and therefore assigning cool downs is problematic. I hope maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

We are planning to do the burn 4 rage together strategy or kill rages as they come. Not sure which is the best strategy to approach given our make up and CD's at our disposal.

Prot Warrior: Shield Wall + Last stand
    Brewmaster Monk: Dampen Magic and Green Bubble
    Resto Druid: Deterrence
    Feral Druid: Survival Instincts + Barkskin & Dispersion
    Shadow Priest: Dispersion
    Arcane/Frost Mage: Iceblock & Cauterize
    Warlock: Dark Bargain & Unending Resolve
    Elemental Shaman: Astral Shift
    Discipline Priest: Pain Suppression
    Hunter: Deterrence

I understand that warlocks and mages can blink/port, but I rather not play with fire. Thank you for your time.
    The fight is trivial with 3 tanks.

With each pair of Rages, CC 1 and kill the other. Have your third tank (guardian druid or monk stacking stamina) single-soak every one.
    You will get a pair of Rages shortly before the second Courage, just leave the second one CCd and kill it after the courage.
    You will need a melee (any) to tank the Strengths, Hunter can soak them (although the third tank can soak some when free)
    SP+Mage can do the courages easily, and have your lock as a backup when needed.

Make sure your Hunter is SV, he brings a crazy amount of slows, roots, stuns, CC (take Wyvern). He will be your main rage controller.

Pop hero on the third burn, at the end of it have your Hunter CC both rages (scatter/trap and Wyvern) and everyone finish off the boss. You will need someone to pick up the Strength that spawns also.

The thing about hunters doing it is perfect with their talent to lower deterrence to 1 minute, with that they can take 1st, 3rd, 5th etc. But the thing that I also do and what your hunter should also do is that the rages that spawns just before the bosses comes, he soaks them, pops cds on bosses and then uses readiness, that way he can soak the ones after aswell. Readiness can be used twice in the fight if he uses it at that point.