Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    I think the stat weight of crit has to be taken with a grain of salt. If you're at like 15% crit unbuffed, then crit beats out str no question.
    If you're at say, 24% crit unbuffed, STR will be slightly higher in weight. The final weight, if I remember correctly, was STR: 3.3, crit: 3.1
    Those are rough estimates, but STR is higher.

    On a side note, the only reason warriors EVER took agi gear was for armor penetration. After that was removed, if you saw a warrior with agi, they're terrible.
    I understand all that. But the value of crit compared to strength is static in any encounter (practically.) compared to haste for a DK (which varies based on encounter.) The stat weights I gave were particular to my character, so obviously YMMV.

    Essentially, as you gain crit, the uptime of enrage will increase, which means that each additional chance of enrage is slightly more likely to overwrite a previous enrage effect, instead of completely gaining the whole 6 seconds. This drops the value of crit, and will continue to do so, although very slightly. The value of crit for RBs will stay constant, so it's only the enrage uptime that will further determine the value of crit beyond the static value of procing RBs and crit hits in and of themselves. Hope that made sense.

    Basically, as enrage uptime increases, the value of crit will drop in relation.

  2. #22
    I wasnt planning on staying subbed to WoW for this patch but after seeing that spark of zandalar. HOLY SHEET! I missed out on getting DBW back in icc but ive always been a fan of those transform trinks. Staying just for that!!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    crit never simmed better then strengh for me.
    If you're Fury, then you're simming wrong. If Arms, then ok.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuupe123 View Post
    I wasnt planning on staying subbed to WoW for this patch but after seeing that spark of zandalar. HOLY SHEET! I missed out on getting DBW back in icc but ive always been a fan of those transform trinks. Staying just for that!!
    Yeah too bad it's the worst trinket stat wise for us.

  5. #25
    Gaze of The Twins + Primordius' Talisman of Rage = win

    Fabled Feather of Ji-kun could be good if it gave ~100% uptime of the buff. 3999 strength is pretty good. Who knows?

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    If you're Fury, then you're simming wrong. If Arms, then ok.
    mind to share what simcraft settings you are using?
    mine would be standart patchwerk fight 25k iterations and every buff/debuff active. of course i gem crit a lot, but that is because the gems are stronger... crit is about 0,89 while str is 1 for me.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    mind to share what simcraft settings you are using?
    mine would be standart patchwerk fight 25k iterations and every buff/debuff active. of course i gem crit a lot, but that is because the gems are stronger... crit is about 0,89 while str is 1 for me.
    As. What. Spec. ?

    If you're Fury, you're fucking it. If you're Arms, then strength will sim higher than crit.

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    1,216
    I have always preferred on-use trinkets to chance-on-whatever trinkets. I like having control of my burst, rather than hope for the best.

    Therefore, for 5.2, I am disappoint.

    That aside, I would not mind being stuck with any of them except the haste one. I know Blizzard is trying to make haste more valuable to Arms warriors like my offspec. I just don't think they're going to get it right, and it'll still be last or nearly-last on our stat priority list. At least the hit/exp ones can (a) allow me to reforge my other items and (b) be reforged themselves into something without haste. As everyone has said, the two str/crit ones look like they could, potentially, build to max stacks and live there for the entire encounter. If that's so, then they're far superior to the other ones with only marginally higher boosts that are down, by my guess, 75% or more of the time.

  9. #29
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    29
    I sincerely hope those two stacking trinkets make it to live untarnished.

    Literally the best trinkets ever.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    As. What. Spec. ?

    If you're Fury, you're fucking it. If you're Arms, then strength will sim higher than crit.
    Fury. and as i asked, what do you think could i be doing wrong while using simcraft? obviously you must be something different in the simcraft settings then i do.

  11. #31
    Crit sims higher as TG. Not sure it ever gets above 1 str as SMF in T14 gear.

  12. #32
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    281
    Crit allways sims higher in T14, im not sure it will through out all of T15.

  13. #33
    Still would like to know which simcraft settings i need to use to let crit sim higher then strengh and what ilvl

  14. #34
    It's mostly irrelevant if Str is simming higher than Crit or not. What you actually need to be seeing is the difference between the two's weights. If 2 points of Crit rating are better than 1 point of Str, you're obviously only going to gem Crit. The only time you need to actually be looking at what the exact number is when you're looking at a potentially decent socket bonus that you may decide to put a 80 Str/160 Crit gem in it, or for that matter a 160 Crit/160 Hit gem.

    The reason Crit sims higher than Str for TG is because TG already has a lot of Str through wielding 2 2H Weapons, as compared to SMF which has a higher value for Str compared to Crit, although you would still gem Crit because of the minor difference in stat weights.

    Kakihara, it may also be nice if you could share your SimC settings so we could take a look. Personally, I'd say just take a look at the current Simulationcraft settings, and duplicate them for your settings.

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    It's mostly irrelevant if Str is simming higher than Crit or not. What you actually need to be seeing is the difference between the two's weights. If 2 points of Crit rating are better than 1 point of Str, you're obviously only going to gem Crit. The only time you need to actually be looking at what the exact number is when you're looking at a potentially decent socket bonus that you may decide to put a 80 Str/160 Crit gem in it, or for that matter a 160 Crit/160 Hit gem.

    The reason Crit sims higher than Str for TG is because TG already has a lot of Str through wielding 2 2H Weapons, as compared to SMF which has a higher value for Str compared to Crit, although you would still gem Crit because of the minor difference in stat weights.

    Kakihara, it may also be nice if you could share your SimC settings so we could take a look. Personally, I'd say just take a look at the current Simulationcraft settings, and duplicate them for your settings.

    Part of the reason SMF values crit is because there is NO crit on their weapons, compared to a massive amount on TGs.

    As TG, socket bonuses for me are a wash currently. If gemming 160hit/crit+60 str gets me at least 160 mastery by reforging, than the math is (160x.63)+(160x.92)+60=100+147+60=307 SEP compared to 320x.92=294. The problem is that by changing the gems around, you also change the stat weights, so it is not as exact as that. If the socket bonus requires a red, than 80 str+60+160 crit is not as high as a blue socket, since 80 str is worth less than 160 mastery. If it is yellow, obviously you gem pure crit. Again, these are my stat weights, and YMMV. Str-1 crit-.92 mastery-.63.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    If you're Fury, then you're simming wrong. If Arms, then ok.
    You are wrong. The only spec that has Crit higher than Strength is TG. Both SMF and Arms value Strength more.

  17. #37
    Look at the post above you. You're wrong.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Look at the post above you. You're wrong.
    I didn't say anyone was wrong. I simply gave my stat weights for comparison purposes. How about you show some evidence to back up a stance instead of just saying "ur wrong" over and over. I'm willing to look at evidence. Anything else, especially when I can't even see your armory leads me to believe you're just trolling.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 05:56 PM ----------

    I simmed Landsoul on a light movement fight, and got similar stat weights. str 1 crit .93 mastery .56 haste .30.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Look at the post above you. You're wrong.
    No, YOU are wrong. Please go play around with simcraft and gearsets of various levels.

    For SMF, crit generally sims lower than strength. As darkfriend pointed out, even for near BiS gear crit is slightly lower.
    For TG, crit generally sims higher than strength. My gear, which is around 495 item level, has crit at 1.2 str.

  20. #40
    I don't understand...
    What's with all the point names and call fingers about what statweights are correct and what weights are wrong. Who cares to be honest?
    Only time I would care about is when crit gets past the value of 0.875 (str=1) which is when it would be better to skip out on 60 str socketbonuses(though you might want to recheck weights afterwards since they can chance abit while regemming but w/e).
    Buuut Asmodejjj unless you've only been talking about TG-fury, go check your facts again please. SMF warriors will not see a crit value that is higher than str on this tier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •