Windlord Tanking help

I am hoping that the resident prot masters can help me out a little bit. Last night was my first time trying to solo tank Windlord. I was having a hard time keeping threat on all of the adds. Our strategy is to single target each of the three menders with a ret pally focused on one, a hunter focused on the other, and myself on the third for interrupts. I couldn't keep cleave threat on everything, especially the two adds that were being focused down by the pally and hunter. I was using everything I had, swapped to blood bath + Bladestorm, mocking banner, etc. I am interested to find out what you use to get initial threat and maintain threat along with keeping up with your interrupt responsibilities.Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Tell the raid to wait with DPS until you've got them gathered up and have the hunter misdirect the menders at the pull. The way vengeance works on that fight there's really no way you should struggle with threat if you hit revenge enough times, keep thunderclap on cooldown and abuse heroic leap.
    Make a focus interrupt macro like so:

#showtooltip Pummel
    /cast [target=focus] Pummel

And if you're using a UI replacement addon (like ElvUI) you can increase the size of the focus targets castbar so it's impossible to miss, or alternatively make a weak aura that screams at you when he's casting mending.
    This way you can tab to the targets you're having problems with between hitting thunderclap to drop a few shield slams if your AoE threat doesn't cover all the bases.

Deleted
    Mocking banner should really be enough on the pull.

I have no problem keeping threat on everything with a quick Leap and Clap before I position the adds and Wind Lord. If certain adds are being focused down, make sure to hit them with a few shield slams and Devs etc.

If it's only on the pull just make sure your banner is placed properly, as the fight progresses you'll have so much vengeance that no one should even come close to pulling threat.

What I am doing is heroic leaping and Tclapping into the Menders then popping Blood Bath and Bladestorming to pick up the rest of them as them come in, then continuing with my normal Tclap/revenge rotation. It is really the initial pull that I am having a hard time getting them all gathered up.

mark one of the menders as skull
    everyone dpses that one
    have the assigned interrupts make focus interrupt macros for their targets.
    no reason for them to also be dpsing their interrupt target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    mark one of the menders as skull
    everyone dpses that one
    have the assigned interrupts make focus interrupt macros for their targets.
    no reason for them to also be dpsing their interrupt target
    ^This

Leap in with a mocking banner and delay your dragon roar until you hit 250k+ vengeance, then let it rip with a bloodbath and your adds wont go anywhere:P

I would also refrain from using cleave outside of ultimatum unless you really are rage capping severely which can happen on the fight, you just need to know when. Eg) if you can do the next two shield blocks while using that cleave once or twice then sure feel free to use it

Make sure you are using thunderclap on CD, not only is it pretty nice threat it does insane damage here so keep that up :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    dragon roar until you hit 250k+ vengeance, then let it rip with a bloodbath
    WARNING: User may experience a semi-comatose state due to drooling at the meters.

You'll get this squared away with no problem my man, it's all about smacking your DPS around until they realize they can't go balls to the wall from jump street. Make sure your Paladin is Hand of Salvation'ing himself, and your Hunter is Misdirecting to you, if this is a common thing, it should be part of their plan.

Now check it out, are you also popping offensive cooldowns on pull? I'm sure this will make min/maxers cringe, but I Pre-Pot, Recklessness, and Bloodbath on almost -every- boss pull. I banner most of the time, as long as there's not a burn or mini-burn phase within 3 minutes into the pull (Like a Heroic Qiang 30% mini burn). So yeah, I'm all about going beastmode off the pull.

Bladestorm can kind of fuck you over sometimes so be careful with your timing, especially in sensitive moments like the one you're dealing with. While you're Bladestorming, it's very hard to pick up adds that peeled off of you and are out of range. You mentioned you Bladestorm to pick up adds as they roll into range. Personally, I'd focus on picking up any mobs that peel off the pack, and AS SOON as you think everything is in range, fire off the Bladestorm. That way you're getting the maximum amount of BS hits on everything, instead of like 4 hits on 3 of these guys, 2 hits on this dude, and 1 hit on this guy because they're all rollin in during.

There's a few other things, such as Mocking Banner which is of course awesome when it works. I've had it let me down on more than a few occasions, and everything was immune, but that was most likely caused by something I missed. You can also make a /target brainless Hunter, /cast Vigilance, /assist, /cast taunt, /target focus. Macro. I don't have one, but I'm sure something like that would work. The Vigilance will refresh your taunt everytime he gets hit for 12 seconds.

Thats all I got. Get past that initial stuff, and you're easily tanking the biggest /flex fight we have.

Wish you luck brotha.

-Avantes