Simple Computer; 1 purpse

I've been looking for a computer, its sole purpose to run World of Wacraft. Preferably at High Settings.
    But looking for a lower price PC, and found these 2, curios if they could hack it and be able to handle WoW. (This computer is just for when friends come over to play wow with me, which is pretty often, and they get tired of lugging their desktops around)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gateway-SX...ows-8/21777768

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-p...Syste/21634590

Or if you know of a computer (with monitor) under 500, or pretty damn close to it, please post. And I don't feel like building another PC anytime soon.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 03:02 AM ----------

Anyone?

If it makes it easier here is the specs for each;

1) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gateway-SX...ows-8/21777768
    Key Features and Benefits:
    •AMD E1-1200 processor
    1.40GHz, 1MB Cache
    •4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
    Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
    •500GB SATA hard drive
    Store 333,000 photos, 142,000 songs or 263 hours of HD video and more
    •16x SuperMulti DVD Burner
    Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
    •10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
    Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet
    •21.5" LED display
    AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics

2) http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-p...Syste/21634590
    Key Features and Benefits:
    •HP Desktop With AMD Processor E2-1800 Accelerated Processor
    1.70GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
    •6GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
    Gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
    •1TB SATA hard drive
    Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more on the HP Desktop With AMD Processor E2-1800 Accelerated Processor
    •SuperMulti DVD Burner
    Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats on the 1TB Hard Drive HP Windows 8 Desktop Operating System with 6GB Memory and 20" LED Monitor
    •10/100Base-T Ethernet
    Connect to a broadband modem or wired broadband router with wired Ethernet
    •20" LED-backlit LCD monitor
    AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics with up to 3GB graphics system memory

Questing and five-mans yes... 25man raids not gonna happen. Second of those setups is better, but you can probably already guess it from the price.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    Think 10 mans it would be good to go?
    With low enough settings yes, but neither of those is in any way optimized for gaming purposes.

With $400-500 budget what you should be looking into is laptops. In those you pay significantly less for the monitor which leaves bit more money for other parts.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Unfortunately neither of those could run even 10mans at low/fair settings.
    But if you would buy parts and build yourself, you could get quite decent computer under 500, good/high settings even on 25mans.
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2013-02-09 at 01:43 PM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Alrighty, bought this, just curious if I should take it back or whhhhhatttt.
    Main purpose is to play wow. Nothing insanely hardcore.
    So. Could you let me know how well you believer it would do?

Key Features and Benefits:•Intel Core i5-3330 processor
    2.70GHz, 6MB Cache
    •8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
    The Dell Windows 8 Desktop PC with Intel Core i5-3330 Processor gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
    •1TB SATA hard drive
    Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more
    •DVD+/-RW drive
    Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
    •10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
    Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your Dell Windows 8 Desktop PC with Intel Core i5-3330 Processor
    •Intel HD Graphics

Additional Features:
    •8-in-1 memory card reader
    •4 x USB 3.0 ports, 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x VGA port, 3 x audio jacks
    •3 x PCI Express (x1) slots, 1 x PCI Express (x16)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Black...luded/21863231

10+ Year Old Account
    The video is nondescript, but that is the biggest issue with this particular problem. A good CPU and lots of RAM are good, don't get me wrong -- but if you don't have a decent video card, it isn't going to be a very good setup. High settings in particular require a decent video card, and none of these options -- but specifically the one you just bought -- have very good ones.

It has a good enough CPU to run WoW at ultra settings in 25man raiding but it lacks a proper GPU so you will most likely be forced to run it at low/medium settings if you want decent FPS.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Any particular reason you're buying a PC from Walmart instead of building one of your own? o.O

I can buy a video card & new psu no problem. Just was hoping everything else was g2g

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Any particular reason you're buying a PC from Walmart instead of building one of your own? o.O
    Because it was a valentines day gift, and I'm not going to be spicy when it comes to a free computer that is decent

Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    I can buy a video card & new psu no problem. Just was hoping everything else was g2g

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:56 PM ----------

Because it was a valentines day gift, and I'm not going to be spicy when it comes to a free computer that is decent
    You should be good to go if you get a new PSU and GPU, just make sure to take measurements inside the case so the new parts fit, it looks a bit tight in some of the pictures I could find.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450