Thread: gpu heat high?

Deleted

gpu heat high?

I just recently got this SpeedFan soft and noticed something disturbing.
    While i'm in GW2, it always jumps up to 80C, I even spotted it once or twice at 100C with GPU fan at 95%-100%.
    I just deepcleaned every notch inside the machine and now, though not going to 100 anymore, it stays still at around 75-95C.
    Anything to do to get it down even a bit?
    GPU: Radeon HD 5670
    CPU: IntelCore i3 530

You can try limiting the FPS in game or dropping the resolution. Limiting to 30 fps helped drop my temperature 4-5C. Remember, that you are running close to the minimum with your GPU so it will be working overtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    I just recently got this SpeedFan soft and noticed something disturbing.
    While i'm in GW2, it always jumps up to 80C, I even spotted it once or twice at 100C with GPU fan at 95%-100%.
    I just deepcleaned every notch inside the machine and now, though not going to 100 anymore, it stays still at around 75-95C.
    Anything to do to get it down even a bit?
    GPU: Radeon HD 5670
    CPU: IntelCore i3 530
    I actually used to have that problem in most games. And the temperatures kept rising over a month or so till playing 10 min of GW2 would forcefully shutdown my PC so as to not overheat. Turns out it was this .. gluewy thing, i don't know the english translation , its like a gel . Some tech savy person can probably say the correct term. I think its Thermal Coumpound, or Thermal Paste. It wore off, and i had to reapply it . Worked like a charm.