Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm more-so curious how the Legendary Questline will play out.

If I'm wrong and 5.4 is Siege, it'd make sense for the Questline to end there, because 3 more patches building toward the Legendary might be a bit much.

Or we could just get the weapon in 5.4/5.5.
    Hell they could do 4 more patches leading to the legendary. This, granted it's only my opinion, has been one of if not the best Legendarys to work towards most closely resembling the epic weapon questlines of EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Could also mean that 5.4 could be a halion event where they introduce a mini raid to push the story into the next expansion as well, with 5.3 being the siege. Blizzard has gotten to be rather enigmatic as time goes on lol.
    Again they said a while back that SoO would be the last major content patch. Adding even a mini 1 boss raid would be a content patch. Then again who knows what development problems might arise as they work on the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's so blindingly obvious that 5.4 is going to be siege just because of ilvl inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Hell they could do 4 more patches leading to the legendary. This, granted it's only my opinion, has been one of if not the best Legendarys to work towards most closely resembling the epic weapon questlines of EQ.
    Yeah.

If they do make the Legendary Questline even longer, specifically if there's going to be 4 Tiers this expansion, the questline would really be labelled "Legendary".

More-so due to the fact that 5 patches down the road, while certain people might still be stuck on the 5.2 or 5.3 questline for the Legendary (or even 5.0 or 5.1's), it'd really stretch out the pack and not give everyone the mentallity that "HEY, ERRYBODY'S GONNA BE RUNNING AROUND WITH A LEGENDARY".
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    My guess is we will have it finished to take on Garrosh. Either the patch before it will give us the item or we get items needed to finish it from early SoO drops. Money is on it is finished before the SoO patch and that it will be slightly better than SoO drops.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    It's so blindingly obvious that 5.4 is going to be siege just because of ilvl inflation.
    Not really. They have already tweaked the values each stat point gives in terms of our power so it won't get that too out of hand. And moving forward that can continue to require even more of a stat to make a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess, the next Expansion will be out NEXT Holiday season, or by a better, and more logical sense, October.

If my guess for the schedule is correct, Siege would probably be out November or December, after Blizzcon has announced the next expansion and hyped Siege.

It'd be another big boss raid because they stated they're back to the big raid designs for Major Content Patches instead of small, 8 boss ones, so it can hold over content better.

5.7, if it happens, could come out in mid/late summer, when Content is starting to get dry and droll after doing Siege for about 6 months.

That means the expansion could launch in October, in about 10 months of doing Siege along with more content being pushed out between the final Major patch of Mists and the launch of next expansion without the community being up in arms like it was for DS and ICC.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:41 PM ----------

Why're you assuming it'd be dogshit? I don't think you're understanding my point.

Okay. I'm just gonna point this out in a bit more detail.

Mists was launched in September 2012 like I said. The next tier, Throne of Thunder, is probably going to be out by either the end of this month or the first week of March.

Blizzard has said there will be less time between Major Patches, which is why they made their approach with 5.1 and the same with 5.3: bridge the gap between tiers with smaller patches to hold over the content and keep the game fresh.

Even if the next tier is Siege, it'd be out around July, August, or September, or like you said maybe a bit later, but I doubt they'd do that so that Throne of Thunder wouldn't get stale too quickly.

If Siege is 5.4, as I said, the expansion would be less than a year old and it'd be over.

That's NOT a smart business approach.

By doing so, there would be an even larger lul between the next Expansion and this one.

Beta Testing would probably begin Spring of next year, and go into Summer while Siege is going on.

That means by the time the next expansion is out, the content would've been out for over a year, much to the chagrin of the community.

If they did that again; if they did another approach like ICC and DS, they'd hemorrhage subscribers and cause more issues than they had before.

They said they don't want to do that again.

You aren't counting the 6-8 months of SoO. So the expansion would be out 18 months ish. I really think the next expansion will launch no later then June of 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    So far Blizzard has been delivering on what they stated. Fast patches. There wont be 5.5,5.6,5.7...where you guys come up with this stuff?

5.2 - ToT - should last about 6mnths (est. guess, March - Sept)
    5.3 - no raid - will have new 5 mans(Sept-Nov)
    5.4 - SoO(Dec- May)
    6.0 - New Expansion (May-July)

This is my estaimated guess, based on their "promise" of faster content.
    So i look at Mop lasting about 1.5 yrs - No more 2yr waits for new expansions.
    Last edited by Volbian; 2013-02-09 at 09:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    My guess is we will have it finished to take on Garrosh. Either the patch before it will give us the item or we get items needed to finish it from early SoO drops. Money is on it is finished before the SoO patch and that it will be slightly better than SoO drops.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:06 PM ----------

Not really. They have already tweaked the values each stat point gives in terms of our power so it won't get that too out of hand. And moving forward that can continue to require even more of a stat to make a difference.
    What do you mean it won't get out of hand? I had full bis in 4.3 with like 18% crit and I'm only ilvl 499 with 21% crit already. Inflation away.

The testing for bosses with Throne is over, and the final testing is until February 26th where they're simply testing the Phases of the Island development.

It's just a theory, dude. Why do you have such a problem with it.. 0.o Jeez.
    They havnt even tested Heroic or 25 man and testing is over? LOL ok any more half baked ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You aren't counting the 6-8 months of SoO. So the expansion would be out 18 months ish. I really think the next expansion will launch no later then June of 2014
    Yes I am.

I said if SoO comes out in December, the next Expansion might be out next October.

That's just my thoughts on it. Maybe your'e right!

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    They havnt even tested Heroic or 25 man and testing is over? LOL ok any more half baked ideas?
    While they test the phases over the next few weeks they'll probably do 25 man and Heroic testing too.

Seriously, what is your problem just because I don't agree with you? It's just my idea.

And what aspect is half baked? I actually made factual predictions.

I could be wrong, you could be right, or vice versa.

No need to be hostile. We're just making speculation here as to the Patch Cycle.
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2013-02-09 at 09:38 PM.

If they keep their ideal plan of 2 months for non raid patches and 4 months for raid patches, then 5.3 is end of March, 5.4 is end of May, 5.3 is end of Sept., 5.4 is end of Oct., 5.5 is end of Dec. early Jan.( be be later due to holidays), 5.6 Aprilish, putting the next Exp out in late summer 2004. A long expansion but filled with content at a faster pace. If you believe we will have 4 raid tiers.

If they keep their ideal plan for 3 tiers then we will have a new expansion this year. They will not have a long last tier drought like in LK and Cata. The saw what it did to players and how it effected subs.
    6 month raid patch cycles and guess what they wanted a expansion launched sooner then every 2 years. 1.5 years between expansions looks ideal. And you cant force players through massive 16/13 boss tiers in just 4 months. That is why the mini patches exist. Get over it. It's a 3 tier expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    6 month raid patch cycles and guess what they wanted a expansion launched sooner then every 2 years. 1.5 years between expansions looks ideal. And you cant force players through massive 16/13 boss tiers in just 4 months. That is why the mini patches exist. Get over it. It's a 3 tier expansion.
    Says who?

What if they announce 5.4 next week and state it's not Siege, it's an Old God raid.

Or a Burning Legion raid.

Or we're going to another planet to fight monkeys riding unicorns and dragons on dragons on dragons.

Your predictions are as much predictions as ours. They're not facts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If 5.3 doesn't bring any raids it BETTER bring some new dungeons. Please...
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    So far Blizzard has been delivering on what they stated. Fast patches. There wont be 5.5,5.6,5.7...where you guys come up with this stuff?

5.2 - ToT - should last about 6mnths (est. guess, March - Sept)
    5.3 - no raid - will have new 5 mans(Sept-Nov)
    5.4 - SoO(Dec- May)

This seems like a good estimate, 1 problem though. 5.3 will come out while 5.2 is in progress similar to how 5.1 came out exacly 2 months after release. So, that would put 5.3 even closer to your estimate. Thats the whole idea of this new model, to break the staleness of Tier patches after a while. Good guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearmyth View Post
    If 5.3 doesn't bring any raids it BETTER bring some new dungeons. Please...
    It's confirmed not to be a raid tier. Might be a new BG due to the fact one of them was datamined in the 5.2 files.

15+ Year Old Account
    Says who?

What if they announce 5.4 next week and state it's not Siege, it's an Old God raid.

Or we're going to another planet to fight monkeys riding unicorns and dragons on dragons on dragons.

There really isn't much to predict here since he's right.

If they keep their ideal plan of 2 months for non raid patches and 4 months for raid patches, then 5.3 is end of March, 5.4 is end of May, 5.3 is end of Sept., 5.4 is end of Oct., 5.5 is end of Dec. early Jan.( be be later due to holidays), 5.6 Aprilish, putting the next Exp out in late summer 2004. A long expansion but filled with content at a faster pace. If you believe we will have 4 raid tiers.

If they keep their ideal plan for 3 tiers then we will have a new expansion this year. They will not have a long last tier drought like in LK and Cata. The saw what it did to players and how it effected subs.
    or the more likely scenario.

5.2 ~ Early April/mid March
    5.3 Mini patch june/july
    5.4 org raid Sept/ Oct
    5.5 Jan mini patch leading into new expansion with story/ maybe 1 boss or even just a world boss. I heard Doom lord kazzak is still alive and will Herald the legions return when we go to Argus.
    6.0 ~ may/June.

I mean what can 5.3 have that is even compelling? 5.1 was the bulk of the armies arriving that and the rift between garrosh and his horde growing.

5.3 will be Garrosh finding the big bad relic / old god corpse that will make the entire world want him dead in 5.4. Self explanatory.

Also let's be honest for a minute here. There was no sub drought in LK ICC because that raid was enjoyable even after 12 months. Dragon soul sucked because the raid itself was god fucking awful. The fights the scenery the debuff. It was the most pathetic raid launch ever and the reward was prolly the most pathetic uninspired heroic only mount in existence.

If Raid of Org is 12+ bosses and atleast on Par with T14 / T15 / anything but fucking Dragon soul I doubt they have any issues if it sits for 7-8 months. But I don't expect it to sit anyway with the 1.5 Year expansion 3 tier timeline.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says who?

That was grasping at straws.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    There really isn't much to predict here since he's right.
    Can you confirm that with a blue post, then? Or some credible evidence?

I'm serious. Sorry if I'm coming off as rude. I don't really care if it's a 3 or 4 tier expansion but I at least want some evidence as to how this wont' be a 4 tier expansion.

If Mists is short, that's fine. I'm kinda looking forward to next Expansion anyways.

If Mists is 4 tiers, that's fine too.

Just give me some evidence as to why it's 3 tiers instead of yelling at me "NOPE YOU'RE WRONG".

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    That was grasping at straws.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post

5.2 - ToT - should last about 6 months (est. guess, March - Sept)
    5.3 - No raid - will have new 5 mans (Sept-Nov)
    5.4 - SoO (Dec-May)

Hmm, I agree 100% with you (I cheated, I've checked Wrathion chapters :P). I think 5.2 is the expansion's jewel (if they finish testing all missing modes and fights slow and easy) and 5.4 will be 'the end' of the expansion with SoO, there might be some unexpected stuff on the way but Blizzard had the life cycle planned since long ago, something they didn't do properly with other expansions. MoP up to 5.2 looks better and more solid than whole Cataclysm. Old Gods, Burning Legion... probably, but once war is (somehow) over
    Last edited by Poizo; 2013-02-09 at 09:57 PM.