Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'd consider top 20 US acceptable but hey anything is better then failing to clear a tier or going back at 95 looking for scraps.

Kinda ironic you say that tho when I am one of the leading PvE rets in the entire world and the one of the Top 5 Theorycrafters for the spec. It's ok though I won't make you look too stupid for picking the wrong person to call out.
    What are you talking about, failing to clear a tier...I'm in a top 10 US guild myself and it hasn't given me this absurd god complex you seem to have.

Chill the fuck out. You're nothing special just like the rest of us. You're entitled to an opinion but you don't have to be a douchebag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    What are you talking about, failing to clear a tier...I'm in a top 10 US guild myself and it hasn't given me this absurd god complex you seem to have.

Chill the fuck out. You're nothing special just like the rest of us. You're entitled to an opinion but you don't have to be a douchebag.
    Not much you can do. He/she got a banhammer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And so far they have. But I'm skeptical of the concept of MoP lasting the mythical 1.5 years. We all know there's going to be a Blizzcon this fall, or late summer, more likely fall. We know Expansion V will be revealed.

After that the game will enter alpha testing for 3-5 months, then there will be a press event near the end of that. Then comes 5-7 months of beta testing.

At a ballpark we're talking 8-12 months between reveal and launch. Which in a best case scenario (Aug. reveal, 8 months testing) is April. Realistically we're talking July - October.

Blizz wants tiers to last about 6 months. So t14 ends in march, t15 in September. And then comes decision time. 10-months of SoO, or 5 months of a "filler" tier and 5 months of SoO.
    Why cant the next xpac enter alpha b4 blizzcon? Why cant it enter alpha in june and beta starts in december?

lmao the first few pages of this thread. Patch out in 2 weeks, dem jimmies be ruffled

Pretty shocked its coming this soon, I still haven't cleared everything yet =\

Whelp, looks like the Legendary is hitting in 5.4.

I'll be damned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Whelp, looks like the Legendary is hitting in 5.4.

I'll be damned.
    Wait what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    lmao the first few pages of this thread. Patch out in 2 weeks, dem jimmies be ruffled

Pretty shocked its coming this soon, I still haven't cleared everything yet =\
    Everything's getting nerfed, too, and higher loot drops, so you should be good.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wait what?
    "Fishy. Over the course of each patch he gives you some tasks for new toys, ultimately leading to your very own Legendary item in (presumably) patch 5.4."

"Fishy. Over the course of each patch he gives you some tasks for new toys, ultimately leading to your very own Legendary item in (presumably) patch 5.4."
    Just before I clicked on this thread again I reread the post and saw where you quoted.
    But notice he said "Legendary item". There's a change for it to not be a weapon.

Deleted

and also
    Wrathion, the Black Prince, using his voodoo crystal ball of Black Dragonflight future-sight has determined Azeroth is headed for (more?) doom and despair. To help solve this problem he wants to give you a Legendary item,

would he give us legendary for specific purpose just to have it replaced by quest weapons in first zones i next expansion?
    thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Just before I clicked on this thread again I reread the post and saw where you quoted.
    But notice he said "Legendary item". There's a change for it to not be a weapon.
    He said your very own Legendary Item.

That implies Weapon, for me at least.

And why would he skip over mentioning 5.3's legendary then?

10+ Year Old Account

And why would he skip over mentioning 5.3's legendary then?

We'll find out more soon enough. I just wonder what he's up to. I don't trust him. Wrathion that is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    We'll find out more soon enough. I just wonder what he's up to. I don't trust him. Wrathion that is.
    Plot twist: Wrathion is Garrosh in a giant, dumb looking Orc Costume and Garrosh is actually in the Locked Cache located within Wrathion's tavern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist: Wrathion is Garrosh in a giant, dumb looking Orc Costume and Garrosh is actually in the Locked Cache located within Wrathion's tavern.

Wrathion: And I would of gotten away with it to. If it weren't for you meddling mortals!

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This pretty much confirms that 5.3 will be a patch without a raid, thus confirming what almost everyone believed to be the case anyways.
    I'm really not seeing why people still needed a confirmation about this. Blizzard already stated they wanted to release smaller patches in between raid patches. This (on topic) news does not really bring something new here. What I'm wondering is if there will be more patches than 5.4 and probably a small patch after with Wrathion giving the final hints for the next exp. Since Blizzcon is probably arround August or something where they will probably reveal a bit for the next expansion, I kinda see more patches coming if they want to keep this rate up or release the next expansion very fast compared to prior releases.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm betting on a tabard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If they want to do better than Cata then they will keep the SoO until 5.6. I'm putting Wrath as an example cause during Cata they messed up.

[...snip...]

So it's not wise to stop at 5.4 cause they will have less raids than Wrath. Don't mention Cata cause Blizz themselves said they fucked up.
    Don't get your hopes up, 5.4 will probably be Siege of Orgrimmar. Blizzard gave a pathetic excuse on why Cataclysm didn't have enough content, but they're in no means trying to make up for it. This is their new business strategy, it's not a mistake.

MoP won't be better than Cataclysm in that regard. I have been saying this from the start. Cataclysm isn't an exception, it's the new Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Don't get your hopes up, 5.4 will probably be Siege of Orgrimmar. Blizzard gave a pathetic excuse on why Cataclysm didn't have enough content, but they're in no means trying to make up for it. This is their new business strategy, it's not a mistake.

MoP won't be better than Cataclysm in that regard. I have been saying this from the start. Cataclysm isn't an exception, it's the new Blizzard.
    So they are releasing what seems the be the biggest content patch in a expansion means they aren't trying to make up for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Why are most of your predictions, for next expansion, always based around Holidays?

MoP clearly showed its release wasnt a Holiday(like Xmas).
    Blizzard is sticking to their guns with faster patches, whether its content or non, its still a patch regardless.
    If you look at your Wrathion questline, its goes to Chapter 4, which common sense says 5.4(if you know how to count).
    Chptr 1 - 5.0
    Chptr 2 - 5.1
    Chptr 3 - 5.2
    Chptr 4 - 5.3
    Final Quest - Kill Garrosh 5.4

Follow the storyline and use common sense. I dont how people are coming up with 5.5, 5.6, 5.7. Try trusting Blizzard when they say theyre not happy with long content patches and WILL BE releasing them out faster.
    ^ Which i have been saying this whole time. Blue Posts confirms it. "Shooting for Feb 26th", i still think it'll be in March(My predictions for patch releases, Page 5).
    Last edited by Volbian; 2013-02-11 at 06:49 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Why are most of your predictions, for next expansion, always based around Holidays?

MoP clearly showed its release wasnt a Holiday(like Xmas).
    Blizzard is sticking to their guns with faster patches, whether its content or non, its still a patch regardless.
    If you look at your Wrathion questline, its goes to Chapter 4, which common sense says 5.4(if you know how to count).
    Chptr 1 - 5.0
    Chptr 2 - 5.1
    Chptr 3 - 5.2
    Chptr 4 - 5.3
    Final Quest - Kill Garrosh 5.4

Follow the storyline and use common sense. I dont how people are coming up with 5.5, 5.6, 5.7. Try trusting Blizzard when they say theyre not happy with long content patches and WILL BE releasing them out faster.
    Because, and I've laid this out in detail earlier, Blizz has a simple choice. 4 tiers, or 10 months of SoO.

They will not be getting Expansion V out in the first half of next year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm glad after spending some time reading this last night that blizz went ahead and made a blue post..well at least the thread made for some interesting reading to the say the least.