Thread: Depressing dps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    BL lasts long enough to get 2 casts of DP in easily, if you have 3 orbs ready before it's popped. And the breakpoints are 16.7% apart for DP, so you'll always get at least 1 extra tick. It's not that bad. We just need PI to scale with BL too and burst will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by leonex View Post
    and they nerfed the only thing we might have dp ,, they took the first tick xD
    solution = reroll
    Eh?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    BL lasts long enough to get 2 casts of DP in easily, if you have 3 orbs ready before it's popped. And the breakpoints are 16.7% apart for DP, so you'll always get at least 1 extra tick. It's not that bad. We just need PI to scale with BL too and burst will be fine.

Eh?
    I guess he hasn't seen the updated patch notes, in which they reversed that decision, and, as of today, they added back the base damage:

Devouring Plague now has a base damage again.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    I guess he hasn't seen the updated patch notes, in which they reversed that decision, and, as of today, they added back the base damage:

I was more confused why he thought it was a nerf lol. WOuld've been a nice buff.

its tooltip fix i think

BL lasts long enough to get 2 casts of DP in easily, if you have 3 orbs ready before it's popped.
    How do I get 3 orbs if it's popped 1s before the pull? ^^
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    How do I get 3 orbs if it's popped 1s before the pull? ^^
    Killing adds and stacking them while clearing to boss. Afterwards, you're SOOL. I wouldn't use it as an argument, unless you only take the first attempts on a boss, which is when you'll have the 3 orbs, in your WoL parses.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Fyi, if you're watching the Lock PoV from the stream, , Shaka/Recount will only record what's in range of the warlock then. Even World of Logs won't record everything unless you have someone logging every platform. So yeah, the numbers may be off. just sayin.

As a shadow priest, dps is only PART of our utility... On regular Sha, I usually do about 120k dps (in 25m). Multi dotting is pretty awesome. But not only that, I'm usually doing a stupid amount of healing with Divine Star -- usually 30k HPS on a good attempt -- 15k otherwise. That makes it easier for your team to go with one less healer (especially if you have 2 or more s.priests) and add another dps doing 90k... so effectively, my dps is like 220k. Afflictions can't even fathom this kind of delusional thinking, but it's nice to be a s.priest.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by miishelle View Post
    Fyi, if you're watching the Lock PoV from the stream, , Shaka/Recount will only record what's in range of the warlock then. Even World of Logs won't record everything unless you have someone logging every platform. So yeah, the numbers may be off. just sayin.
    This is the other thing... Even if it's not from the Lock's POV, the person who's streaming could be getting lucky and having the Lock on the same platform more often than the S.priest. I'm usually on par with our (good) aff warlock (and way higher on my logs =P).

That makes it easier for your team to go with one less healer (especially if you have 2 or more s.priests)
    sorry but i don't want to play as support class like it was in bc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    sorry but i don't want to play as support class like it was in bc.
    Halo does massive amounts of healing while doing the DPS you needed to do anyway. VE doesn't cost anything to hit at all. ProM only costs a GCD, which is easy to fit in while you're running (especially when SWP spam is so bad). Void Shift can save tanks after Thrash (or any other mechanic for that matter). None of this comes at any real cost to DPS. Hymn will only get called for when it's needed. Yes it's a pain to lose 6-7s of DPS, but if healers were OOM and you just turned a wipe into a kill, isn't that still worth it?

Ignoring Wind Lord, SP are still average DPS at worst and excellent at best. You can't really say "we do less damage than the 2 most OP classes (that are getting nerfed while we're getting buffed), and have way more utility than them, therefore support class".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Halo does massive amounts of healing while doing the DPS you needed to do anyway. VE doesn't cost anything to hit at all. ProM only costs a GCD, which is easy to fit in while you're running (especially when SWP spam is so bad). Void Shift can save tanks after Thrash (or any other mechanic for that matter). None of this comes at any real cost to DPS. Hymn will only get called for when it's needed. Yes it's a pain to lose 6-7s of DPS, but if healers were OOM and you just turned a wipe into a kill, isn't that still worth it?

Ignoring Wind Lord, SP are still average DPS at worst and excellent at best. You can't really say "we do less damage than the 2 most OP classes (that are getting nerfed while we're getting buffed), and have way more utility than them, therefore support class".
    I actually love the idea of a support class. It's one of the reasons I love Spriest, being able to do more than just dps and have a chance to save the raid if needed. So long as your guild understands that there is more to raiding than just a dps number on recount. If we were comparable dps to other dps classes we would be one of the most OP specs in the game.

I play an alt rogue and watching the tank die without being able to do a damn thing about it is one of the most frustrating fucking things for me.

I actually love the idea of a support class. It's one of the reasons I love Spriest, being able to do more than just dps and have a chance to save the raid if needed. So long as your guild understands that there is more to raiding than just a dps number on recount. If we were comparable dps to other dps classes we would be one of the most OP specs in the game.

I play an alt rogue and watching the tank die without being able to do a damn thing about it is one of the most frustrating fucking things for me.
    The utility was the main reason I re-rolled SP in cata too, but I think we're in a far better position now than in Cata. I died a little inside every fight where I had to Hymn of Hope AND Divine Hymn. I cursed our healers lack of mana whenever I watched Will of Unbinding stacks fall off.

Now, almost all our utility comes without cost. Even Hymn isn't so bad when you can squeeze it in between 2 MB casts and hardly lose any DPS at all.