Deleted

Help with Class Choice please!

Hello guys,

I am currently playing an Elemental shaman and although I don't feel "too" weak, I know that in reality we are!

I started late in the xpac (only returned @ Christmas) but have got myself to 484 iLvL.

I have slowly built up a few items for an Enhance OS but I have next to no experience in enhance... I know I can learn it and that's not a problem! My current enhance gear is only 473 iLvL.

My questions are,

* is enhance any better than Ele?
    * is there any fights a ele or enhance is "better"
    * is it worth me even considering to switching this late on

(ATM we are progressing on Garalon so MsV 6/6 - HoF 2/6) If that helps with which bosses I will be doing.

and lastly which is likely to be strongest in 5.2?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamkraft View Post
    Hello guys,

I am currently playing an Elemental shaman and although I don't feel "too" weak, I know that in reality we are!

I started late in the xpac (only returned @ Christmas) but have got myself to 484 iLvL.

I have slowly built up a few items for an Enhance OS but I have next to no experience in enhance... I know I can learn it and that's not a problem! My current enhance gear is only 473 iLvL.

My questions are,

* is enhance any better than Ele?
    * is there any fights a ele or enhance is "better"
    * is it worth me even considering to switching this late on

(ATM we are progressing on Garalon so MsV 6/6 - HoF 2/6) If that helps with which bosses I will be doing.

and lastly which is likely to be strongest in 5.2?
    after warlocks and hunters, ele are probably the best kiters on garalon. but if you dont need kiters, mellee is always good for leg dps i guess. i dunno, do you enjoy ele or enhance is the better question tbh. if not then switch

Deleted
    I do enjoy Ele as its all fairly new to me....(I was Resto in CATA), so its not a case of I don't like it just more a case of I want to get the most out of my self and my character to help the raid more!

Elemental is a lot of fun this tier.. and nice dps on a lot of fights.

Enhancement is stronger at the moment, but you always have to consider your understanding of a spec. I know even if I had great gear for ele I couldn't pull close to the dps of others just because I have little experience. I don't know what buffs to look for, when to use what cooldowns etc. If you are comfortable enough with enh and if you have good enough weapons (one of the biggest determining factors for melee) you could consider switching for some fights to give it a shot.

As for 5.2 both classes are getting small buffs so enhancement will likely remain stronger.

Deleted
    Enhancement parses unambiguously higher than Elemental and switching this late into tier 14 is never a bad thing: gear can be collected in record time and all it takes is for you to get a feel for how Enhancement plays (it's not as easy or clear cut as Elemental, although not being all that hard either). Of course you'd have to have the opportunity to swap to Melee/lose the spell haste buff from your guild.
    Seeing you are essentially in a casual guild, neither will make much of a difference concerning your progress. Your team, if everyone plays sort of right, probably has plenty of DPS to clear all the normal modes, and it's more a matter of mechanics/tanks/healers.

When it comes to 5.2 no one can give you a definitive answer. We are expecting them to do some PvE number tweaking (although it's also not sure they even will), however seeing Elemental being already this inferior to Enhancement (which is actually in an excellent place), I'd place my money on Enhancement still being clearly superior to Elemental. Blizzard seems to have taken a route of having your ranged raid spots decked out with Mages, Warlocks and Hunters, while the Hybrid classes form your Melee (seeing how fucking awful hybrid casters are this tier, compared to the performance of hybrid melee).

Elemental is fun, yea yea. I'd say Elemental is repetitive and I get my fun from being competitive.

Deleted
    Thanks for all of your replys....

I have changed my OS to enhancement but still need obtain about 4 pcs of gear to make it a working set.
    I have started reading up on rotation priority's etc etc so hopefully will give it a go in some HC's soon.

Atleast this way I can get used to it now and make the switch in 5.2 if required!