Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather Garrosh be "insane" than possessed.

A possessed or corrupted villain seems to be cliche for myself and others at this point. We've fought countless enemies who were corrupted by demonic energies or possessed by otherworldly powers.

I think villain who is aware of his or her actions and thinks rationally about the authorities they commit, who is in control of but makes the conscious decision to transgress is far more interesting in terms of characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    He's insane, he's not corrupted by some evil power or some evil voice in his ear, he's just an insane and power hungry orc.

He's a dictator, a tyrant, in the same school as Stalin, Mao Zedong and Oliver Cromwell. He doesn't need to be 'corrupted by evil powers', he's just an orc who wants to dominate the world and crush anyone under his foot to do so. If THAT doesn't give you warning bells into the state of mind he is, your kind of clueless to the lessons of history.

And all this crap about 'uurrr, he wasn't like this ins cata!', yeah, HE WAS, but you got fooled by small details. It be like if Hitler patted a kitten, suddenly that makes all he did and was to do alright? Yeah, thats your way of seeing this issue.
    What's with the Cromwell thing? Putting him under the same category as Hitler is pretty silly. It's like you listed Ghandi, Dalai Lama and Mohammed Ali.

And nobody got "fooled", we are not fools. He did not use cowardly tactics to get rid of civilians. He did have a code of honor. He respected his allies, not loved them, but respected. He thought about his people (thats the whole thing behind the Kalimdor campaign), not turn them to Sha monsters just to check if he can. Those are quite some differences.

Edit: Yeah, sorry Trassk, didn't get that you're Irish, Ireland has some rights to hate Cromwell I guess.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2013-02-09 at 03:24 PM.

I don't think he is insane or possessed (at least not yet). He wants the Horde to be strong and independent. He may have cast the Vol'Jin out, but every race has their place in Orgrimmar. Also, you have to understand the politics of and around Durotar. There is a drought; animal species are dwindling, and you have constant interference from every direction from the Alliance. The Horde doesn't have a similar strangle hold on Stormwind. So, when you talk about Garrosh making a move like sacking Theramore or being a little aggressive, he is doing it for the Horde. He is doing it for the freedom of his race.

Also: Varian isn't any better...

I beleive at the end of the sheldwall questline...atleast for the alliance? you see him and serveral orcs allianced with the sha. also before he hits anduin theres tenticles comming out of him.. im leveling a horde at the moment i cant wait to see there version.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I don't think he is insane or possessed (at least not yet). He wants the Horde to be strong and independent. He may have cast the Vol'Jin out, but every race has their place in Orgrimmar. Also, you have to understand the politics of and around Durotar. There is a drought; animal species are dwindling, and you have constant interference from every direction from the Alliance. The Horde doesn't have a similar strangle hold on Stormwind. So, when you talk about Garrosh making a move like sacking Theramore or being a little aggressive, he is doing it for the Horde. He is doing it for the freedom of his race.

Also: Varian isn't any better...
    Varian is alot better. thanks to his son hes thinking about peace talks. he even tried to get blood elves back in the alliance..but jaina messed all of that up.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He is being possesed by corrupting power of evil insanity. Right now garrosh is so evil that if we kill him without reedeming him first all evil stored in his body will explode tainting entire kalimdor. And im not talking some "nice kind of evil". Im talking about anarchy, eating babies and puppies, stealing and worst of all replacing sugar with salt so someone who just wanted to drink tea will suffer some unimaginable tortures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't it be neither? Can't we have a bad guy, once, who's just a bad guy? Or maybe not even that, just has motives that are counter to ours?

This is why I liked the Zul'again patch that so many people apparently hated. It was one of the more interesting moments of lore we've had recently. The bad guys weren't evil or bad guys, they were just regular dudes like the Alliance and Horde, but we went out of our way to destroy them because the world doesn't need another superpower.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It just kind of bothers me how not too long ago, Garrosh was a fairly decent Warchief who valued honor, and a fair fight, to this insane, honorless psychopath we have now.

Do you think something is really controlling his mind, or he's just snapped by himself?
    SPOILER: Garrosh gets possessed by one of those sha of angers that are infecting the Panda's because they feed on hatred. You heard it here first.

damn someone beat me to it.

Trassk is right. Since becoming a major character in WotLK, Garrosh has always been shown as a brash, reckless, hotheaded warrior. Now, these are great traits for a General or Commander, but when it comes to Major Political Leader i.e Warchief, they do more harm than good.

Thrall gave an angry, inexperienced warrior complete control over the Horde. It was THIS power that 'corrupted' Garrosh; He used his power as leader to mold the Horde into his own personal army.

Now, everyone likes to bring up Stonetalon, Garrosh's one display of compassion. However, any major politcal party, when in the middle of a cold/becoming-hot war, will deny knowing about any unfavourable act done by their underlings, in an attempt to make themselves better. Honestly, who's to say Garrosh didn't give Krom'Gar the order to bomb the school, but acted unaware and used him as a scapegoat to look better infront of the Tauren/rest of the horde.

To OPs thread question I respond with a quote from Mr. Forest Gump "I think maybe its both, maybe both happening at the same time". Garrosh's hate and violent nature make him very susceptible to the Sha. Does this excuse his actions as possibly something he is not entirely responsible for? Debatable. Others have pointed out the conditions of the Horde post-cata and he may be doing what he believes necessary to survive. In doing so he has opened his soul and heart up to the Sha which I'm sure find it very cozy considering his characteristics. Correct me if I am wrong but is he not trying to get a hold of the Divine Bell or at least utilize Mogu technology to bind souls into stone? He's messin wit voodoo mon'. It be takin him to dark places.

I hope he isn't. It'd be nice to have a villian who's just a complete cunt , rather than the sha did it or the old gods got him or something
    Hatred the Fearless.

Both.

I think hes tainted by sha (old god) energy, but it seems he sought out this corruption willingly, which means hes insane.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I didnt like Garrosh before he was warchief and Ive hated him since his tainted duel with Cairne. He proved there that he had no honor, if he did he would have resigned when he found out he could narely beat an old bull with poison. I do hope Garrosh is dead for good by the xpacs end.

Deleted
    I kind of dislike the whole story telling of 5.1. Varian getting his ass kissed like that, same with Garrosh suddenly going insane, it's just so sudden. They should've done more content in those regards, even if it meant more dailies. It just feels as if they both jumped to a state of mind Blizz wants them to be so we have a reason to 1) kill Garrosh and 2) do it under Varian's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    I didnt like Garrosh before he was warchief and Ive hated him since his tainted duel with Cairne. He proved there that he had no honor, if he did he would have resigned when he found out he could narely beat an old bull with poison. I do hope Garrosh is dead for good by the xpacs end.
    Though Garrosh was getting his ass handed to him, there would be no reason for him to give up his position. Cairne challenged him because he wanted to show Garrosh respect (even if it meant killing him), not because he wanted him to step down as Warchief.

I think it just got to him how the Horde kept failing at gaining major victories over Alliance. Ashenvale is in a stalemate, the Forsaken were pushed out of Gilneas, Barrens was contested, Arathi has remained contested for a long time etc. So he forsook his code of honor in order to finally push the balance in Horde's favor and there's no returning from that path.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Trassk is right. Since becoming a major character in WotLK, Garrosh has always been shown as a brash, reckless, hotheaded warrior. Now, these are great traits for a General or Commander, but when it comes to Major Political Leader i.e Warchief, they do more harm than good.

Thrall gave an angry, inexperienced warrior complete control over the Horde. It was THIS power that 'corrupted' Garrosh; He used his power as leader to mold the Horde into his own personal army.

Now, everyone likes to bring up Stonetalon, Garrosh's one display of compassion. However, any major politcal party, when in the middle of a cold/becoming-hot war, will deny knowing about any unfavourable act done by their underlings, in an attempt to make themselves better. Honestly, who's to say Garrosh didn't give Krom'Gar the order to bomb the school, but acted unaware and used him as a scapegoat to look better infront of the Tauren/rest of the horde.
    I've said that before myself. Infact is that was indeed the case that he used his own commander as a politcal scapegoat (though Garrosh doesn't strike me as smart enough to think on that), it would just prove he's not just a dishonorable, mass murdering backstabber, but a scheming one as well.

You don't need the influence of outside corrupted powers in this story of Garrosh, there is nothing influencing him into being a bastard, he simply is that way. Its just his fans who have been clueless to the bad things he's been commiting all this time and now its like blizzard are telling you he's the bad guy, and there like 'wuh, when did that happen?' -_-

This is WoW were talking about, so he's 1 of 2 options:

1. He dun gone insane!

2. He dun got corrupted!

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    I kind of dislike the whole story telling of 5.1. Varian getting his ass kissed like that, same with Garrosh suddenly going insane, it's just so sudden. They should've done more content in those regards, even if it meant more dailies. It just feels as if they both jumped to a state of mind Blizz wants them to be so we have a reason to 1) kill Garrosh and 2) do it under Varian's control.
    Well i mean Varians change was gradual, just that it all took place outside of game.

Garrosh's could be considered gradual, but it came off as him going from harsh warchief in Cata, to mad dictator in ToW/MoP

God, I hope not. He doesn't deserve anything like that as an excuse. He just needs to get his ass kicked, to be killed off, and to be wiped from our memories faster than Agent K when we see an alien.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    He is normal.

Not everyone bath in power can stay reasonable and sensible, it is the most corrupting source in this world. If people can be put to power, I bet half the MMO-C people will ended up like Garrosh or Hitler when they are given absolute power to rule over people.
    amen brother.

i have to add though, by following The Dominance Offensive quest line i am almost sure that he is posessed by Sha of X. not happiness