Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    With Invocation as it is (and possible even after the proposed changes mentioned by GC hit the PTR) all 3 specs feel bloody horrible. I find im running out of mana well before the invocation buff has expired, somewhat to be expected with Arcane.
    RoP is MUCH better as far a smooth rotation is concerned however the regular argument on movement comes into play here. Also with the amount of evocating i find my self doing and my recount numbers on the target dummies. RoP is pulling well ahead of Invocation for all 3 specs.

Using RoP on a target dummy i have recount showing much higher numbers for Fire followed by arcane then frost a very close 2nd. I could probably have squeezed more out of frost im just a bit rusty with ye ol frost.

Looking at the gear available on the PTR im seeing crit gear available for every slot outside of tier. The only slot of tier that doesnt have crit is helm and legs.

At this stage im confident that fire will be the better spec to play in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Most of the gear seems to be mastery heavy...

So, mastery-heavy fire builds...

Maybe blizzard will just take crit away from fire (since ignite doesn't need a crit to trigger)...

too soon to tell how much more we will be jerked around this xpac.
    We must be looking at some different gear because almost everything I see has Crit on it, even a great trinket has Crit on it.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    With Invocation as it is (and possible even after the proposed changes mentioned by GC hit the PTR) all 3 specs feel bloody horrible. I find im running out of mana well before the invocation buff has expired, somewhat to be expected with Arcane.
    RoP is MUCH better as far a smooth rotation is concerned however the regular argument on movement comes into play here. Also with the amount of evocating i find my self doing and my recount numbers on the target dummies. RoP is pulling well ahead of Invocation for all 3 specs.

Using RoP on a target dummy i have recount showing much higher numbers for Fire followed by arcane then frost a very close 2nd. I could probably have squeezed more out of frost im just a bit rusty with ye ol frost.

Looking at the gear available on the PTR im seeing crit gear available for every slot outside of tier. The only slot of tier that doesnt have crit is helm and legs.

At this stage im confident that fire will be the better spec to play in 5.2
    Didn't I read this morning that they changed the mana regen back to 50% instead of nothing?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...rt-ii/#post967

Deleted
    When you start getting some heroic gear, and fire doesn't receive nerfs, fire will most likely outscale arcane and frost.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Didn't I read this morning that they changed the mana regen back to 50% instead of nothing?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...rt-ii/#post967
    Im aware of this, i even acknowledged this post in my first sentence. Regardless of numbers it still doesnt feel good to evocate as often as im made to. I know im not covering any new ground seeing as lvl90 talents seem to piss quite a few people off. but it feels like a step backward in 5.2 not forwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    When you start getting some heroic gear, and fire doesn't receive nerfs, fire will most likely outscale arcane and frost.
    Then it will need to be nerfed even further!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    We must be looking at some different gear because almost everything I see has Crit on it, even a great trinket has Crit on it.
    Yeah.. I was glancing quickly. Guess everything wasn't released at the time of my first look.
    I took a sec to check everything out..
    Seems like they added LOTS of cloth gear, so we can pick and choose our stats really easy... Mage tier gear actually looks like it has the stats we want on it! (first time since T6 it looked so grand)

Crit AND haste trinket... both with int procs.. nomnomnom..
    But.. 2 daggers, 2 staff? -cry- I want my sword =(

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Yeah.. I was glancing quickly. Guess everything wasn't released at the time of my first look.
    I took a sec to check everything out..
    Seems like they added LOTS of cloth gear, so we can pick and choose our stats really easy... Mage tier gear actually looks like it has the stats we want on it! (first time since T6 it looked so grand)

Crit AND haste trinket... both with int procs.. nomnomnom..
    But.. 2 daggers, 2 staff? -cry- I want my sword =(
    ikr.... i really love sword over wand/dagger because its a freaking sword and its big!!

oh and dont forget about hit trinket

but tbh loot will probably become a problem in 10man since theres heaps of loot table (even though theres lots of bosses) over 25man
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    ikr.... i really love sword over wand/dagger because its a freaking sword and its big!!

oh and dont forget about hit trinket

but tbh loot will probably become a problem in 10man since theres heaps of loot table (even though theres lots of bosses) over 25man
    I've rolled with Hailstorm as my mainhand with the umbrella from archaeology since I got the sword xDD

And on the 10 vs 25 loot, Yes and no. I mean cause there is so much loot, with basicly dublicated items with different stats, it means that you will get loot even in 10 man, but it might not be optimal loot you get.. In 25 thought, its just gonna be a joke..

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for ignoring frost, Mr. OP.

I'm going to do everything I can to continue to prove frost viability. I think the meta gem and trinkets help cater towards frost because they know we have scaling issues and often those are addressed in itemization. We're able to get haste on items in every equipped slot except rings from what I can tell so far, which will also help frost scaling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    Yea I do find that Pyro can even come out ahead of fireball on damage sometimes on fights with a few pro'd out alter times.

But the baseline issue with fire as always is that if they buff fireball dmg, it buffs ignite, which buffs combustion, which is a exponential dps increase rather than just a flat one. (Which is what we saw in 5.1 for like 2 weeks of amazing glory lol)
    Then increase living bomb dot dmg! BOOM problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Skanka. Can you imagine?

But to the topic, I'm still finding fire to be quite nice on any fight requiring light movement in the current tier. Granted I've just cleared 5/16 Heroic and am a bit behind the gear/heroic experience of some other posters here. But being a long time player I can say that we can't just be looking at single target stand still "viability."
    It is the overall picture to look at and in my 496 gear I lose out against our 500 ilvl arcane mage on fights like Feng. (Not by much) But on fights like H-Bladelord with movement or fights with light cleave like Ambershaper I rise above.

I think fire is here and will continue to scale even better through the next tier. Don't take me as a fire fanboy(god I love it way better though) I played arcane for our guilds progression, just am now swapping back to fire since I feel I have the stats to carry the rotation.

Obviously all speculation and personal opinion, read it how you will.

Happy hunting.