Poll: who do you think the strongest death knight in Warcraft history?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

I'd say Mograine as he's one of the few still alive. Koltira and Thassarian are alive as well, but pretty much equals and we saw what happened to Koltira.

I wouldn't pick Arthas even if he was the Lich King. Jaina knocked off 40% of his health in Halls of Reflection by melee swinging on him. When a mage works you that bad without firing off spells, it's time to reroll back to paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Arthas pre-lichking was hardly the deathly presence gorefiend was..
    Yup. Was going to say, Arthas was pretty much nothing until he put on the helm and at that point became one with the Lich King and therefore ceasing to be a DK.

well u gotta look at it this way.
    what iteration of death knight are u asking about?
    guldan's warlock death knights?
    or nerzhuls warrior death knights.

you cant throw gorefiend and arthas in the same question because they are completely different types of death knight. its like asking whats the better ranged dps, a hunter or a rogue with shuriken toss.
    that being said, ill always deem gorefiend the strongest out of them all. he was the first. death did not stop him multiple times. hes bros with guldan. he 'served' illidan because it suited him. if gorefiend wanted to rule outland, he would have. most likely gorefiend served under illidan to get at all the loose souls in the black temple. being a place of desecration and mass murder, the haunted house restless spirits theory is probably true in this case. gorefiend saw black temple as a gold mine of souls, including the reliquary of souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

Deleted
    It's pretty much a duel between Arthas and Teron. But they aren't the same kind of Death Knight, so I'm not exactly sure you can compare.

If you're talking about modern Scourge Death Knights, then Arthas is clearly the winner here.

Teron is Illidans bitch. Arthas is stronger than Illidan. It isn't that hard to see who's stronger...

Also gotta love the Arthas hate :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Teron > Arthas (until he put on the helm)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Arthas, for a very simple reason.

During TFT final moments, Arthas defeats (and almost kills) Illidan. Even when he (arthas) was weakened. So it's safe to say that Arthas (DK) was way stronger than Illidan. In TBC we see Teron Gorefiend serving Illidan Stormrage, the same Illidan who almost died by the hands of arthas. So, it's safe to say that Illidan is more powerfull than Teron, otherwise he would proclaim himself the lord of outland and kill illidan in the process.

So, it goes as Arthas > Illidan > Teron = Arthas > Teron.
    Arthas wasn't weakened when he fought Illidan. Ner'zhul sent him everything he could spare to get him to beat Illidan to the throne. In the book, Arthas was as strong as ever when Ner'zhul did this.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Arthas
    teron
    mionelol
    Idk Mionelol did solo Arthas.

Deleted
    Teron Gorefiend for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Teron is Illidans bitch. Arthas is stronger than Illidan. It isn't that hard to see who's stronger...
    I had the impression that Teron was just chilling in black temple and Illidan was ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Oh trust me, I don't like any story more than Arthas's but I just can't vote for him as the strongest DK, sure he was the Lich King but look at him when he was in his Death Knight phase. Still Teron for me.
    He did a lot more than Teron Gorefiend did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    He did a lot more than Teron Gorefiend did.
    Yeah he did.That still doesn't make him stronger than Teron, before he put on the crown ofc, until then he was carried by Frostmourne.

I'll go with Arthas.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Eh, Teron Gorefiend wasn't the same type of death knight that Arthas was, or that our current Death Knights are.

Teron, along with the rest of the 'death knights' back then, was more like an undead warlock than the undead warriors we have now and that Arthas was.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Arthas. Just because Gorefiend was the first, doesn't make him the strongest.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas
    teron
    mionelol
    well since mione solo'ed arthas im gonna say:

aolobin
    mionelol
    teron
    arthas
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    mionelol
    Arthas
    teron
    fix it for you.....
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Even before turning into the Lich King, Arthas was being lent Ner'zhul's strength. He is hands down the most powerful Death Knight in history. Teron Gorefiend was certainly exceptionally strong AND the first but he wasn't the best.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I wouldn't pick Arthas even if he was the Lich King. Jaina knocked off 40% of his health in Halls of Reflection by melee swinging on him. When a mage works you that bad without firing off spells, it's time to reroll back to paladin.
    Jaina is not only the strongest, but in fact the most evil character on Azeroth. By a massive margin. Like, she's worse than all of the old gods combined. Basically every bad thing that has happened since the beginning of the third war can be traced to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15