Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasphemerZambie View Post
    So if you're doing 100k dps, then you get an extra 5k? That seems kinda trivial at this point of the game, just sayin. From the tone set in some of these posts it sounds more like an extra 50k. Seriously, an extra 5-7k dps or so is not going to be a large deciding factor.
    Spoken like someone who has never wiped to an enrage timer.

Over the course of a boss fight you're looking at an additional several million damage from the racial; that's nothing to sneeze at.
    Last edited by Pert; 2013-02-10 at 05:24 AM.

I'm just saying, Blizzard would not balance a raid encounter on the need to have one of these racials. If you happen to switch your entire guild over to troll just for said racial bonus, then you will probably finish maybe 5 seconds faster than another, and even then I'm sure the other guilds will have found other creative ways to increase kill time. Worrying about an extra 5% seems like a large waste of energy, especially since these high end guilds can definitely accomplish the kill without it. Come patch 5.2 I will be very surprised if there are a lot of race changes to trolls, but then again that wouldn't be the first time the world has surprised me.

Also I prefer not to throw money at my game to fix 2% wipe, I will find another way to increase my efficiency on said fight.
    Last edited by BlasphemerZambie; 2013-02-10 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Added thought

I'm just saying, Blizzard would not balance a raid encounter on the need to have one of these racials. If you happen to switch your entire guild over to troll just for said racial bonus, then you will probably finish maybe 5 seconds faster than another, and even then I'm sure the other guilds will have found other creative ways to increase kill time. Worrying about an extra 5% seems like a large waste of energy, especially since these high end guilds can definitely accomplish the kill without it. Come patch 5.2 I will be very surprised if there are a lot of race changes to trolls, but then again that wouldn't be the first time the world has surprised me.

Also I prefer not to throw money at my game to fix 2% wipe, I will find another way to increase my efficiency on said fight.
    Lazy math aside, you'll see a lot of top guilds race-changing for world firsts. If you've been paying any attention at all to their behavior over the past several years, this should be obvious to you. The rest of us will just grumble to the Trolls in our raid groups whenever we see the meters.

Deleted
    People seems to be forgetting that trolls already has a very stong (for some classes, even the best) racial in berserking. On top of that, 5% is pretty massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    People seems to be forgetting that trolls already has a very stong (for some classes, even the best) racial in berserking. On top of that, 5% is pretty massive.
    and u seem to be forgetting its only 4 bosses and there are 9 others where the troll racial is not so good. so which is better 4 or 9 out of 13?

people cant be this dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    and u seem to be forgetting its only 4 bosses and there are 9 others where the troll racial is not so good. so which is better 4 or 9 out of 13?

Yep, cause trolls don't have any racial apart from beast slaying, right? For most classes troll aren't much behind, or even ahead, of other races even on fights without the 5% damage buff since berserking is just as strong as most racials. So the choice isn't 4/13 vs 9/13, it's being far superior on 4/13 and just as good on 9/13 vs inferior on 4/13 and on-par on 9/13. It's a very simple choice for anyone who cares about their performance.

You calling other people dumb is just hilarious.

They are.

/10chars

Deleted

Do you understand that trolls already have the best DPS racial in the game in Berserking? Getting 5% damage ON TOP of that is just ludicrious. Blizzard need to sort this before 5.2 goes live.

Why do Blood Elves only have one racial anyway?

Which happens to be useless for non-healers in raids unless you're fighting heroic Cho'gall 25. Almost useless for healers too since they nerfed it from 6% to 2% for reasons unknown.

Deleted
    So if you're doing 100k dps, then you get an extra 5k? That seems kinda trivial at this point of the game, just sayin. From the tone set in some of these posts it sounds more like an extra 50k. Seriously, an extra 5-7k dps or so is not going to be a large deciding factor.
    ...5k damage per second. And that is being on the low end, most classes by now can dish out a lot more than 100k. any way;

on a six minute enrage fight

it is 5000*60*6 = 1800000(1.8million) PER player. 25m raids have roughly 18 dps. excluding 1 or 2 paladins, thats 16*1.8mil = 28800000 (28.8 mil)

If people think ~29 million damage on a 6min fight is fine, i need to get a share in the dope your taking.
    and remember this is with some REALLY friendly base stats of only 100k dps. its more likely that by 5.2 we are doing 150k+.

And this is on top of berzerking witch is already one of the strongest racials, and for some classes the strongest.

But hey what can we do its blizzard ....

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi12 View Post
    You're fucking retarded. Alliance has both superior pve/pvp racial.
    not sure if that was serious or if he was just trolling...

Why does it even matter? Can't see why it's so bad that some people will get a slight dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Why does it even matter? Can't see why it's so bad that some people will get a slight dps boost.
    Because it's not a slight DPS boost.
    I honestly get the feeling that everyone who is fine with this and who is claiming that it's not that much is either a casual player or a person being content with getting in his raids.

Deleted
    Trolls successfully trolling t15 raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Megaera is a beast and Iron Qon has some quilens that are beasts that you have to dps in order to kill him. So I'd say that fight is half beast lol.
    Are you sure that Megaera is a beast? Like, gpt a screenshot?

Same with Qon, are you sure that quilens are beasts and not constructs?

Also, in Horridon fight you kill trolls most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post

Also, in Horridon fight you kill trolls most of the time.
    Horridon takes 200% additional dmg in P2.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    5% is a possible 5-10k dps increase, any elixir with that power would have to give over 9000 rating and that's not a joke.
    Dunno what you smoke, but for round numbers, let's say you do 100k dps. You change to troll and, let's say you're a hunter. Your Serpent Sting does not 5k per tick, but 5250, your KC does not 60k but 63k. It roughly translates to at most 3% increase, go to simcraft for better numbers, I tested it in simcraft and average is a bit more than 1.5% dps. It's not really that much, community should stop at some point with this numbers. To some, 0.01% difference would kill a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Do you understand that trolls already have the best DPS racial in the game in Berserking? Getting 5% damage ON TOP of that is just ludicrious. Blizzard need to sort this before 5.2 goes live.
    Berserking is best racial in the game? Orc racial and Panda racial are far superior for most horde classes. 10 second extra blood lust when all your trinkets have already proc'd after the real bloodlust, and its every 3 minutes...omg so op.....not actually pretty useless.

If the final 4 bosses were all beasts I would say you have a point, but they are 4 random bosses in the first 8 or so and they wont halt anyones progression towards world first as likely the final 4 bosses would.

Deleted
    Please don't refer to people as stupid cause you share differnt oppinions, cause that in fact is stupidity.

I'm nowhere near pushing for world firsts or anything. I do however like the game to be balanced, cause WHEN I raid, I like to be competative.