Guardian PVE DPS

I'm running guardian in my casual PVE guild (5/6 2/6 so far) and was wondering about my DPS.
    I usually pull 25k-30k dps by encounter with a i485 lvl.
    I am properly gemmed and enchanted - is that low DPS? I'm pondering my "rotation". What I usually do:
    - Fae fire and Trash refresh
    - Spam Lacerate and - Mutilate when up. anything else I can do to boost my dps? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    I'm running guardian in my casual PVE guild (5/6 2/6 so far) and was wondering about my DPS.
    I usually pull 25k-30k dps by encounter with a i485 lvl.
    I am properly gemmed and enchanted - is that low DPS? I'm pondering my "rotation". What I usually do:
    - Fae fire and Trash refresh
    - Spam Lacerate and - Mutilate when up. anything else I can do to boost my dps? Thanks guys
    At ilvl 485, I would expect roughly 45-50k dps against a target dummy. Dps on actual raids is dependent upon the fight in question. If you're tanking normal stoneguards as the tank with 2 dogs, you should probably end up somewhere around 100k dps. Feng, roughly 60-70k if you're the nullification tank and 70-80k if you're the reversal tank. 50-60k on Garajal, etc.

I said this in another thread, but easiest way to increase your dps is to spam a single castsequence macro depending on if you're doing single target or aoe damage:

single target - /castsequence mangle, lacerate, thrash, lacerate, mangle, lacerate, faerie fire, lacerate
    aoe - /castsequence thrash, swipe, mangle, swipe

Properly gemmed and enchanted meaning what? When I did a cursory google search (I'm primarily a cat) I found 3 different guides with 3 different opinions.

If you want to up your DPS because you feel it will be beneficial to your guild, go with the crit build. Gemming consists of Agi/crit, Pure Crit and Hit/crit (or stamina/crit) with a reforge of (hit/expertise soft cap > crit > mastery > haste)

As far as rotation:
    Mangle > Thrash > Lacerate > Faerie Fire >>>> Maul (generally only maul if you're not the active tank in a multi-tank fight)

However, the macro that kaiadam posted will get you 90% of the way there and so depending on where your skill level is, you may actually get better results from the macro.

Until 5.2, don't use FF, it resets your melee swings. So, for maxing dps, Mangle>Thrash(no dot)>Lacerate>Thrash(dot). If all 3 are on CD, Swipe. When 5.2 comes out, itll be back to Mangle>Thrash(no dot)>FF>Lacerate>Thrash(dot).

Use Maul whenever TC procs for the balance between damage and mitigation.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Are you pulling that dps against a dummy or on the boss? If you're getting punched by the boss, your vengeance should make you do LOOOOADS of dmg. Just get your hit to 7.5% and your exp as close to 15% as you can and your dps should skyrocket.