10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a tablet for emulating.

I fly a lot and am currently using my MacBook Air and the main distraction from the flights but am looking to get a tablet to replace it.

I don't want an iPad as I have an iPhone and the lack of freedom on the iPad really limits what you can do with emulating. So looking at Android and Windows 8 I guess.

I'm looking for a tablet that'll be fit the requirements of being powerful enough to emulate N64 games (Kinda a stretch but maybe Doplhin for GC and Wii although I doubt this is possible ?) a long enough battery life to last 5+ hours while emulating or watching videos ect. I have a USB N64, SNES, Xbox, PS2 controller so it would need a USB as I can't deal with he terrible on screen controls.

So I'm looking for a Windows 8 or Android based tablet that is powerful enough for emulating N64.
    Has a decent battery life when in constant usage gaming or watching videos that it'd last about 4+ hours.
    Has a USB port to use a controller.
    Similar size screen as the Air 11inch

Also like to know the ups and downs of Windows 8 vs Android in the tablet market such as how easy they are to actually get the emulators ect there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would look at the Nexus 7, there are even N64 emulators in the Google app store.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm been looking at the Nexus 7 and 10 now and doesn't seem to have a USB input for a controller.

Hi! Thank you for your interest in our parts of the forums.
    However, emulators and ROMs are a dangerous path to tread and while not a subject forbidden to talk about, it's something we likely won't allow people to admit to doing so nor looking for "how-to"s
    I would rather have all records white than slightly grey.

I hope you understand and will be able to find a good purchase anyway, for a tablet good enough for gaming on.