Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Patient Bloodydemize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    241
    I find it funny how half the posts in here are Harzaka correcting everyone on losing fat and gaining muscle :P keep at it!
    OP: I can't really provide much that has already been said, but I can say good luck and keep going at it, you will reach your goal if you keep working for it

  2. #42
    go watch Brandon Carter on youtube. He got some sick training videos and how to burn fat fast etc

    Brandon carter have been sponsored by nike, adidas etc. He really got some sick tips man I can only recommend to watch his videos.
    Last edited by Hb; 2013-02-10 at 06:35 PM.

  3. #43
    The Patient Vaiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Thats not possible. You dont gain muscle that fast.
    then explain to me why lifting the same weights was getting easier and easier, but my weight stayed the same for weeks.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    then explain to me why lifting the same weights was getting easier and easier, but my weight stayed the same for weeks.
    If you lose a pound of fat in a week, do you really believe you can gain a pound of muscle during that time? On a deficit? Learn over, learn right.

  5. #45
    The Patient Vaiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    If you lose a pound of fat in a week, do you really believe you can gain a pound of muscle during that time? On a deficit? Learn over, learn right.
    it's not what I believe what happened, it's what DID happen, not only to me but to others as well.. so your comment doesn't really explain anything.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    it's not what I believe what happened, it's what DID happen, not only to me but to others as well.. so your comment doesn't really explain anything.
    Hope you know your weight fluctuates every single day.
    And again since you dont seem to get it through your skull..... you cant lose a pound of fat and gain a pound of muscle in a week.

    Do you even know how muscle building works, and how much a pound of muscle is?

  7. #47
    The Patient Vaiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Hope you know your weight fluctuates every single day.
    And again since you dont seem to get it through your skull..... you cant lose a pound of fat and gain a pound of muscle in a week.

    Do you even know how muscle building works, and how much a pound of muscle is?
    sure I know that my weight fluctuates.
    but talking about not understanding things.. where did I say I talked about only one day or one week?
    to quote my first post on that subtopic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    then explain to me why lifting the same weights was getting easier and easier, but my weight stayed the same for weeks.
    so again, your post doesn't explain anything. guess I'll stop discussing as you might continue this pattern..

  8. #48
    having 5/6 small meals a day ( 1500 to 1800 calories max ) + one of the meals is a protein shake

    Wait, what? Do you mean 1.5 - 1.8k calories per meal? Or all 5/6 meals together. If you really consume only 1800 kcal a day, you should lose weight even if you don't do any workouts.

    But yes, if you do lots of working out which is muscle training rather than cardio training, you replace fat with muscle, so to see the fat weight loss on the scale takes alot longer than when you just do sports that make you lose fats and build muscle alot more slowly. Yoga and aerobic is good for that but I'm sure you wouldn't want to touch that as a man .

  9. #49
    1500 - 1800 all together

    tomorrow is the weigh in day, so lets hope. fingers crossed

  10. #50
    There's one simple solution to every single weight problem, eat less. Working out simply allows you to eat more, you can easily lose weight without working out at all. Being hungry isn't scary or dangerous, just ignore it (and it'll go away after a few hours).

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    sure I know that my weight fluctuates.
    but talking about not understanding things.. where did I say I talked about only one day or one week?
    to quote my first post on that subtopic:

    so again, your post doesn't explain anything. guess I'll stop discussing as you might continue this pattern..
    Ofc you gain muscle on a deficit so weights become easier, but you cant gain the same amount of muscle as the fat you burn, thats impossible, especially on a deficit.
    You will gain some muscle, but not that much as you think. Muscle takes years of hard work.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I stopped reading right there, if you dont know anything you shouldnt really post. Christ.
    YOU CANNOT TURN FAT INTO MUSCLE.


    Oh for gods sake, he did not mean literally.

    he meant that at teh same time as you are burning fat off, you are also building muscle you wont do it at teh same rate, but it can slow down aparant weight loss at the start of a program if you dont realise its happening.

    People often start workout programs and get discouraged because they are not losing weight fast, when in reality they are, but are also putting muscle on too which offsets it if you only consider your total weight.

    But its good as muscle burns energy faster than fat, so more muscle will help get rid of the excess weight anyway.
    Last edited by Xihuitl; 2013-02-10 at 07:59 PM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Oh for gods sake, he did not mean literally.

    he meant that at teh same time as you are burning fat off, you are also building muscle.

    To be honest, you know that, you are jsut trying to appear superior for no reason I can really understand. So why bother posting at all?
    Like ive said, yes you can build muscle on a deficit, but not as much as you people seem to think. You cannot physically gain the same amount of muscle as the fat you burn.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Ofc you gain muscle on a deficit so weights become easier, but you cant gain the same amount of muscle as the fat you burn, thats impossible, especially on a deficit.
    You will gain some muscle, but not that much as you think. Muscle takes years of hard work.
    depends on what you want to achieve.

    you can quite easily get from moderately overweight down to well defined muscles that most people would be proud of in a year with the right training (and no dodgy steroids or that crap), its not really that hard to do if you do it right. Its a myth that its hard to attain, but it does require hard work and dedication.

  15. #55
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,603
    Losing weight is heavily affected by metabolism. If you're stuck, you might be forcing your body to lower its metabolism with small portions. I highly recommend paleo diet (which it seems like you're basically on anyways), but also if you're willing to experiment, eat as much as you want. Just make what you eat be the right stuff. Your metabolism might react as your body realizes it isn't in starvation mode.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    depends on what you want to achieve.

    you can quite easily get from moderately overweight down to well defined muscles that most people would be proud of in a year with the right training (and no dodgy steroids or that crap), its not really that hard to do if you do it right. Its a myth that its hard to attain, but it does require hard work and dedication.
    Theres a difference between "hard work" and it being "hard"

  17. #57
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    There is no reason to not eat bread/butter.

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,248
    isnt it bad to skip out on bread and butter? I'm pretty sure theres something in butter that's ONLY in butter, but your body still needs it. I'm not 100% sure, but just wondering.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Losing weight is heavily affected by metabolism. If you're stuck, you might be forcing your body to lower its metabolism with small portions. I highly recommend paleo diet (which it seems like you're basically on anyways), but also if you're willing to experiment, eat as much as you want. Just make what you eat be the right stuff. Your metabolism might react as your body realizes it isn't in starvation mode.
    People have diff ways of burning fat and loosing weight but this quetzl is sayig something a lot of people dont know. you can workout all day but if your not also maintining your metabolism you wont get good results. The starvation mode he mentioned is when your body stores fat instead of burning it because you arent taking in the calories you need making some diets counter productive.

    Also dont forget to hit the weights too. cardio does burn fat but maintaiing muscle also burns fat all day. Im not saying become HULK SMASH huge but a bit of muscle can help get you where you want and get some definition instead of lookin like a meme stick figure.

    And it takes time. Dont loose hope you will get to where you want if you stick to it. Good luck.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    There is no reason to not eat bread/butter.
    Butter is good, bread is not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •