Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i need to lose some belly fat i dnt car about looking good just wanna get rid of my belly, thing is i eat alot of junk food as im from the uk healthy food is expensive and im a big guy and the only healthyfoods that fill me up is alot of rice passta or potatoes, but in response to the op you are probably replacing fat with muscle if you put weight on dnt be alarmed as muscle is heavier than fat

having 5/6 small meals a day ( 1500 to 1800 calories max ) + one of the meals is a protein shake
    What kind of protein are you using? If you are using a protein shake mix that has a bunch of fake sugars in it (many of them do!), research shows that certain fake sugars can slow down metabolism. That's not what you want!

Basically, if your protein shake tastes good, but has no calories, it's probably bad for you

Also, losing weight is mostly about diet, and some parts exercise. If you aren't losing weight fast enough, cut down another 50 or 100 calories a day. You seem to be doing everything correct though!

I have one awesome suggestion - I have a recumbent exercise bike (one you sit BACK in, like comfy style, just look em up), and I've attached velcro to the digital readout thing, and then the back of my laptop. They fit together very nicely now. I make sure to do cardio whenever I am playing video games - Some days, I burn upwards of 1000 calories while playing video games!

You can also just use a table or something with the laptop - but I prefer the screen right in front of me. Also, you can just use a regular console, just point the exercise bike at the TV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    i need to lose some belly fat i dnt car about looking good just wanna get rid of my belly, thing is i eat alot of junk food as im from the uk healthy food is expensive and im a big guy and the only healthyfoods that fill me up is alot of rice passta or potatoes, but in response to the op you are probably replacing fat with muscle if you put weight on dnt be alarmed as muscle is heavier than fat
    It doesnt really work like that.
    If you lose a pound of fat, you cant gain a pound of muscle as fast on a deficit.
    Your weight fluctuates every single day, which is probably why he gained weight. Or he just ate more carbs so he retained some water.

Deleted
    Disregard anything this guy says.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 03:41 PM ----------

OP, the mirror or measurements of waist, arms, chest etc. is a better way to keep track on improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Erbz View Post
    Disregard anything this guy says.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 03:41 PM ----------

OP, the mirror or measurements of waist, arms, chest etc. is a better way to keep track on improvements.
    Aye! Scales can actually cause stress and anxiety. Great to track once every few weeks or when you're changing your calorie intakes but the mirror will tell you whether you're moving in the right direction. Looking leaner and weighing yourself only to be disheartened you lost 1lb over 2-3 weeks? Disregard the scales, you're starting to look ripped

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FatRastafarian View Post
    Aye! Scales can actually cause stress and anxiety. Great to track once every few weeks or when you're changing your calorie intakes but the mirror will tell you whether you're moving in the right direction. Looking leaner and weighing yourself only to be disheartened you lost 1lb over 2-3 weeks? Disregard the scales, you're starting to look ripped
    You're not ripped because you lose weight....

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You're not ripped because you lose weight....
    /sigh ... It's a motivational method and yes, you will look ripped if you're losing fat and have a solid amount of LBM.

Deleted
    calories are important, but not the only thing you should think about when wanting to lose some weight.
    also it depends immensely on your type and your discipline which method is best for you.
    I tried weight watchers more than once and never lost weight, also I hated calculating and counting points, I just don't want to write down everything I eat and plan ahead for the whole day when it's not even breakfast time.
    eating low carb can be a bit difficult at first, but once you know what you can eat (fish, meat, cheese, vegetables, light/zero soda and so on) you don't need to count anything.
    the only point when calories are important for me is when I stop losing weight due to not having enough calories over the day so I don't burn any fat because my body is keeping it for hard times (there's a specific term for that, but I don't know it in English)..

Deleted
    just starve yourself you will lose weight or stick your fingers down ya neck and make urself puke

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-02-10 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    just starve yourself you will lose weight or stick your fingers down ya neck and make urself puke
    If you dont have anything good to say, just leave.

Paleo is the best thing I ever did. I lost 20 pounds of fat pretty quickly. I wake up with crazy amounts more energy and just feel better. Plus you don't need to count calories or points. It's very easy and very effective. Also it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle.

Checkout Mark's Daily Apple for more info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzilla3 View Post
    Paleo is the best thing I ever did. I lost 20 pounds of fat pretty quickly. I wake up with crazy amounts more energy and just feel better. Plus you don't need to count calories or points. It's very easy and very effective. Also it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle.

Checkout Mark's Daily Apple for more info.
    Paleo is a diet, why do you think its called the PALEO DIET?

Deleted
    Hey Mate.

Feel free to add me on skype: k4tamai.

I work as a personal trainer, and i would be happy to help you out if you feel, further help is needed apart from these responses

Deleted
    There is not really such a thing as 'toning' up. You either lose fat, exposing the muscle, or bulk, effectively putting on fat and muscle.
    You can do numerous cutting and bulking cycles. This will take numerous years to achieve your most ideal physique.
    You want to lose weight now which is fine but understand, you're eating at a deficit, you will lose weight. You cannot build muscle without eating in a surplus, even then, the muscle will come accompanied with fat. You can minimize the fat you gain by doing a clean bulk, eating at a 300-500 calorie surplus or you can just disregard counting calories and macros (except for protein) and dirty bulk, eat whatever the fuck you want, putting on more fat. Dirty bulking is not recommended if you're worried about aesthetics, and in most part only advised to dirty bulk if you're an extreme case ie severely underweight individual. Dirty bulking won't speed up the amount of muscle you actually put on. The 'average' guy (using this term very loosely), doing everything by the book, can expect to see a gain of around 1lb a week. Half of that would be fat, the other half muscle. Over the course of a year, that's around 26lb of muscle being added, which is huge.
    Anyway, back onto losing weight, it's good to get in a mindset that losing weight is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Making little changes every day will add up in the long run and you won't end up hating going on your new 'diet', it will just be all natural to you.
    Best of luck

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:21 PM ----------

I'm inclined to believe OP is eating more than 1800 calories a day. This is, in majority cases, the number one reason people they aren't losing weight. They guess their portions. Kitchen scales are the most invaluable tool you could ever buy. Good digital ones are like $15 AUD from Target. Never guess in the beginning, always measure!
    I know its a life style change thats what I have done, also Im writing down every thing I eat, and its from 1500 - 1800

typical days eating would be,
    Breakfast, oats + pint of water

few hours later,
    chicken breast and salad just a drop of low fat dalad cream so its not dry, and a pint of water,

few hours later tuna and salad, or same as above

snack
    Apple or banana

Dinner would be chicken and broccoli salad or fish or turkey and 1 time a week red meat, and a pint of water
    protein shake after work out

Deleted
    There is not really such a thing as 'toning' up. You either lose fat, exposing the muscle, or bulk, effectively putting on fat and muscle.
    You can do numerous cutting and bulking cycles. This will take numerous years to achieve your most ideal physique.
    You want to lose weight now which is fine but understand, you're eating at a deficit, you will lose weight. You cannot build muscle without eating in a surplus, even then, the muscle will come accompanied with fat. You can minimize the fat you gain by doing a clean bulk, eating at a 300-500 calorie surplus or you can just disregard counting calories and macros (except for protein) and dirty bulk, eat whatever the fuck you want, putting on more fat. Dirty bulking is not recommended if you're worried about aesthetics, and in most part only advised to dirty bulk if you're an extreme case ie severely underweight individual. Dirty bulking won't speed up the amount of muscle you actually put on. The 'average' guy (using this term very loosely), doing everything by the book, can expect to see a gain of around 1lb a week. Half of that would be fat, the other half muscle. Over the course of a year, that's around 26lb of muscle being added, which is huge.
    Anyway, back onto losing weight, it's good to get in a mindset that losing weight is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Making little changes every day will add up in the long run and you won't end up hating going on your new 'diet', it will just be all natural to you.
    Best of luck

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:21 PM ----------

I'm inclined to believe OP is eating more than 1800 calories a day. This is, in majority cases, the number one reason people they aren't losing weight. They guess their portions. Kitchen scales are the most invaluable tool you could ever buy. Good digital ones are like $15 AUD from Target. Never guess in the beginning, always measure!
    I know its a life style change thats what I have done, also Im writing down every thing I eat, and its from 1500 - 1800

typical days eating would be,
    Breakfast, oats + pint of water

few hours later,
    chicken breast and salad just a drop of low fat dalad cream so its not dry, and a pint of water,

few hours later tuna and salad, or same as above

snack
    Apple or banana

Dinner would be chicken and broccoli salad or fish or turkey and 1 time a week red meat, and a pint of water
    protein shake after work out

Deleted
    I did a reply with quote but it needs to be ok'ed by a mod. so until then. just want to thank everyone, some very helpful info,
    But I'm not doing this has a diet. I have 100% changed my lifestyle, how I eat and went from sitting at pc for hours every day to working out 6 days a week, watching what I eat, only fluids that go in my mouth is water or green tea, today is my rest but still want to exercise, I'm loving the weights and treadmill and boxing, just wish the scales would show my enthusiasm, tomorrow morning is weigh day, so I'm hoping for a decent number,

k4tamai thank you for your offer, I will see how tomorrow goes, and might take you up on your offer, Thankyou

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k4tamai View Post
    Hey Mate.

Feel free to add me on skype: k4tamai.

I work as a personal trainer, and i would be happy to help you out if you feel, further help is needed apart from these responses
    Dont mean to be rude, but 80% of personal trainers dont know what they are talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Dont mean to be rude, but 80% of personal trainers dont know what they are talking about.
    I think it's more likely that personal trainers each have their own ideas how weight loss is preferably achieved, but these concepts don't work for everybody (in ways of discipline, time to spend and so on)..

also, mullermilch, if you work out so much it could be the weight of your new muscles outweigh the body fat you lose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    I think it's more likely that personal trainers each have their own ideas how weight loss is preferably achieved, but these concepts don't work for everybody (in ways of discipline, time to spend and so on)..

also, mullermilch, if you work out so much it could be the weight of your new muscles outweigh the body fat you lose
    Thats not possible. You dont gain muscle that fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how half the posts in here are Harzaka correcting everyone on losing fat and gaining muscle :P keep at it!
    OP: I can't really provide much that has already been said, but I can say good luck and keep going at it, you will reach your goal if you keep working for it