Thread: Rent

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pittsburgh, PA. 1/2 of a duplex (2 bedrooms, 1 bath+toilet in basement), $750 per month.

My mortgage before I moved out was $430 per month. Small house, though.

1br in the heights $950.

Columbus, OH.

810 sq ft apartment, 2 bedroom 1 bath, $820/mo counting no utilities except trash pickup. More like $900-$950 with all of that considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Currently living at home for now while I get things situated (only 21) and my parents own house/land and it's all paid off but I chip in $400 a month to help them out with food/electricity/internet. Plan to move out next year sometime but for now I'm just going with the flow and enjoying it.
    Exact same with this exact I'm currently 19 and I pay £400 a month for my keep. I'd like to move out before I'm 21 but it's not the highest of priorities right now.

Tallahassee Florida, $680 per month, that was with a move in discount of $50 off per month so it's normally $730. 2 BR 2 BR. Includes cable television. I pay utilities through the city here for water and electricity which runs about $150 a month. The apartment is a little over 900 sq. feet. Huge student population here and that is not in student housing/apartments. Those are typically cheaper but noisier and with garbage (beer bottles, cans, fast food stuff) left laying around.

Charleston, West Virginia. Rent a 2BR 1.5bath house for $450/month.

Crazy to see the cost of renting in these bigger cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    2BR, 2Bathroom, some miami suburb... 925/m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

45 square meter townhouse, only one room + large kitchen, large patio, tiny front yard. 650 e/month + 13e/person for water and 5/month for parking. A nice, safe neighborhood (well, I don't think there are particularly unsafe neighborhoods in Finland, but this one is nice even in comparison) and within walking distance of the "city" center.
    Last edited by Cephilia; 2013-02-11 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's even worse over here in Marin, but I like having the open hills around me. To break the numbers down a bit, I purchased a house at the bottom of the housing market, but it still cost me upwards of 400k for a three bedroom one bath. After taxes and insurance, I pay 2900$ a month. However, I get a massive tax write off and so get around 10000$ a year back. What's more, the garage here is converted into a 400spft apartment I'm going to be renting out for as much as 800$ a month (it's very nice, if small). So by my calculations, I'm paying about 1267$ a month, which is less then rent would be. Of course there are upkeep costs etc that are not factored into that.
    Oh man Marin is bad. I agree, though, that the scenery is absolutely worth it! If it weren't so far from work and if I actually drove, I'd be sorely tempted to take you up on that apartment.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Oh man Marin is bad. I agree, though, that the scenery is absolutely worth it! If it weren't so far from work and if I actually drove, I'd be sorely tempted to take you up on that apartment.
    I dont drive myself, but I managed to swing it so I work from home and in the next couple/few/many years we're supposed to get a light rail system from here to the ferry terminal in Larksper.

For those who dont know, back in the 50's Marin county opted to set aside all of the surrounding hills as a water shed. So there is next to no development around the small towns, just miles and miles of hills and forests to hike, bike and ride horses through. This, coupled with limits on the size of buildings and new buildings in general means that real estate is in high demand and thus very expensive. On the plus side, it makes buying a house here a great investment. On average, house prices have doubled ever 12 years or so. Meaning that over a 30 year mortgage it would not be unreasonable to see your house more then quadruple in value.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    I am just curious what do you pay for rent, where you live, and what kind of place.

Ill start

2Bed 1.5 Bath Redwood City CA 2100/m
    2 Broom 1 Bath Goverment Housing unit

Paying $110 AU P/W
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    2bdrm 1 bath 795 sq ft 610/mo. South Eastern South Dakota.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

20 Quadratmeters = 215.29 Square Feet room sharing apartment with 2 others in Dublin -Ireland City.

700Euro = 938 US-Dollar

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am living as a paying guest in mooloolaba, queensland, austrlia. I pay little bit amount of this luxurious apartment.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    5BR/2B, $800/mo. I pay $140 for my room.

I live in a tiny town in the middle of the desert of New Mexico.

18 squaremeter student bachelor with 1Bath and a common kitchen between 14 apartments (multiple stoves and such, luckily). Electricity, water and 100MB internet included in the rent. 271€/month.

2BR/2BA 1150sq ft in a suburb of Philadelphia for $1150/mo.

Looking at moving into 'downtown' Wilmington and paying the same for a 1BR/1BA since I don't need the extra space.

Also looking at moving into a 1BR/1BA in the same area I'm at for ~$800/mo.

Outer London, 1 Bedroom Flat. + Bathroom and Kitchen for £675 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Is your rent Too Damn High?

OT:
    Near Denver CO, 555 a month includes all utilities and innanet. Studio apartment. Minifridge, 250ish sq feet.

Sofia, Bulgaria

81 square meters. 1 bathroom, 2 bedrooms on the 7th floor close to the center. My rent is 250 euro + about 50 more for water and electricity.