Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Cop Lands Helicopter To Harass Woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNuYVaj6mQ4

The clip begins with the police helicopter making numerous over flights of the woman as she films the chopper.

The helicopter then shines a light in the direction of the woman as it hovers lower and prepares to land. The chopper lands and the pilot, an officer with the San Bernadino Sheriff's office, approaches the woman and asks her what she is doing.

"Just exploring and picking up rocks," the woman responds.

The cop then demands the woman's ID to which she responds she doesn't have any. When the woman asks why he is questioning her, the cop responds, "We're investigating something right now."

The police officer then proceeds to take the woman's name and date of birth in order to perform a criminal background check via his walkie-talkie.

After he gets a response from police headquarters, the cop asks the woman if she has any weapons, orders her, "don't put your hands in your pockets," and then proceeds to perform an unconstitutional search of her person.

"I know you're doing your job but I don't consent to a search," says the woman as the cop continues to rifle through her belongings.

The cop eventually walks back to the helicopter having nullified whatever threat a woman out in the middle of the desert posed to the safety of San Bernardino residents.

San Bernadino filed for chapter 9 Bankruptcy in 2011: This helicopter costs $2000.00 per hour to fly and that's just the fuel not the crews salary.

So basically the helicopter landed and harrassed her for no reason. She wasn't breaking any law so she wasn't required to provide the cop with any ID nor give her name he still demanded it anyway. Definitely shouldn't have been searched but she was. I guess we should just get used to being walked all over by these people.

He landed because she was filming him suspiciously. We also have no idea what she was doing behind the camera.

But I get it, you're one of those "Cops are bad hurr" people, so I'll let you be.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    He landed because she was filming him suspiciously. We also have no idea what she was doing behind the camera.

But I get it, you're one of those "Cops are bad hurr" people, so I'll let you be.
    That doesn't seem suspicious at all, and calling it such is pretty asinine.

10+ Year Old Account

If he conducted an unconstitutional search of her person then yes, he is a bad cop. And no, I'm not of the opinion that all cops are bad. I've met some wonderful police officers. I'm just not going to pretend that there aren't going to be assholes on the force. It happens with every job.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    If he conducted an unconstitutional search of her person then yes, he is a bad cop. And no, I'm not of the opinion that all cops are bad. I've met some wonderful police officers. I'm just not going to pretend that there aren't going to be assholes on the force. It happens with every job.
    I'm not saying what he did was right, I'm just saying we lack context. We don't know, aside from filming, what she was doing.

And I'm saying, that based on this guys post history, he simply made this thread to vilify cops because he has a grudge against them.

Yeah I fail to see what the big deal is.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted

Couldnt he have said that, instead of the bs "we are investigating something right now". Some women in the middle of nowhere is not going to be a threat to shit.

i also dont understand
    you're one of those "Cops are bad hurr" people
    comment, does it not seem a massive waste of time and money to go out of your way to intimidate someone just for having a camera. If he had a valid reason to stop her, he would have stated it like they are ment to, this is generaly when cameras come in handy to stop bigoted cops bullying random people. Hell if he thought she was filming something of a security threat he could have simply asked to see the previous footage.
    Last edited by mmoc981b98ea90; 2013-02-10 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Couldnt he have said that, instead of the bs "we are investigating something right now". Some women in the middle of nowhere is not going to be a threat to shit.
    Cops are taught to treat everyone they meet with a degree of suspicion.

i also dont understand your "Cops are bad hurr" comment, does it not seem a massive waste of time and money to go out of your way to intimidate someone just for having a camera. If he had a valid reason to stop her, he would have stated it like they are ment to, this is generaly when cameras come in handy to stop bigoted cops bullying random people. Hell if he thought she was filming something of a security threat he could have simply asked to see the previous footage.
    Cameras and video editing also have ways of showing us half truths and spinning situations. I'm just saying, it is unwise to accept everything at face value, have a certain degree of skepticism.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

The clip begins with the police helicopter making numerous over flights of the woman as she films the chopper.

The helicopter then shines a light in the direction of the woman as it hovers lower and prepares to land. The chopper lands and the pilot, an officer with the San Bernadino Sheriff's office, approaches the woman and asks her what she is doing.

The cop then demands the woman's ID to which she responds she doesn't have any. When the woman asks why he is questioning her, the cop responds, "We're investigating something right now."

The police officer then proceeds to take the woman's name and date of birth in order to perform a criminal background check via his walkie-talkie.

After he gets a response from police headquarters, the cop asks the woman if she has any weapons, orders her, "don't put your hands in your pockets," and then proceeds to perform an unconstitutional search of her person.

"I know you're doing your job but I don't consent to a search," says the woman as the cop continues to rifle through her belongings.

The cop eventually walks back to the helicopter having nullified whatever threat a woman out in the middle of the desert posed to the safety of San Bernardino residents.

San Bernadino filed for chapter 9 Bankruptcy in 2011: This helicopter costs $2000.00 per hour to fly and that's just the fuel not the crews salary.

So basically the helicopter landed and harrassed her for no reason. She wasn't breaking any law so she wasn't required to provide the cop with any ID nor give her name he still demanded it anyway. Definitely shouldn't have been searched but she was. I guess we should just get used to being walked all over by these people.
    Ah yes those evil cops that excist only to terrorize and oppress!

Oh how I love all the hating and complaining about police, up until you actually need them.

That people so openly accept that this woman is the Virgin Mary is also quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Considering he is a San Bernadino County officer, I wouldn't doubt he was suspicious of her. Haven't you heard about the MASSIVE manhunt down in California right now for the ex-cop Christopher Dorner? They are searching all around San Bernadino County, If I was a police officer down there in the Helo, and I saw a random lady "picking up rocks" I'd check her the fuck out too. Who does that shit anyways? (Records police activity in the middle of a desert). I'd hardly call this harrassment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...geles/1904439/

the cop said they were investigating something, for all we know someone could have been buried there, which makes her a suspect for standing in a field because she wants to pick up "rocks". I'd be suspicious too if I was investigating a report and there was a random person standing in the middle of a field.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying what he did was right, I'm just saying we lack context. We don't know, aside from filming, what she was doing.

And I'm saying, that based on this guys post history, he simply made this thread to vilify cops because he has a grudge against them.
    And the people who usually do so often don't have a completely clean background.

For "harass" read, asks some questions, does cursory background check, and a quick check to see if she is up to anything suspicious and then leaves.

The word harass conjures up some threatening or sexual undertone somehow... although i know the thing is to make thread titles as sensational and misleading as possible so people will click on it, and join in the bottom of the barrel, boring, outrage hysteria play of the hour.

This just in: Fireman harrasses cat out of tree TO THE PITCHFORKS

It's possible to criticize police officers without thinking that they are all evil.
    I'm starting to think 90% of the internet is just mindless criticising of minutiae no-one really gives 2 shits about in the real world
    Last edited by Maelle; 2013-02-10 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Ah yes those evil cops that excist only to terrorize and oppress!

Oh how I love all the hating and complaining about police, up until you actually need them.

That people so openly accept that this woman is the Virgin Mary is also quite amusing.
    It's possible to criticize police officers without thinking that they are all evil.

I feel like the police need to get back to the community more. Probably have less of these encounters if they got more familiar with the people they are serving.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about San Bernadino county exactly, but the police are usually out in the desert in southern California to look for suspicious people. The deserts and backwater areas of southern California are notorious people and drug smuggling areas.

Quite often, people go out to film the cops on the ground or in the air and relay that information to smugglers to "case the joint" if you will.

I'd say nothing wrong with this at all. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but I don't think this anything to huff and puff about.
    Last edited by narzinor; 2013-02-10 at 01:47 AM.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I feel like the police need to get back to the community more. Probably have less of these encounters if they got more familiar with the people they are serving.
    There was a police officer who worked at my highschool. Everybody liked him because he was a respectable and honest man who was friendly when he could be, and strict when had to be. The problem is that we only focus on the bad, so those who are good don't get as much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    It's a manhunt. A MASSIVE manhunt in San Bernadino County and surrounding areas. An ex-cop declares war on police to clear his name. Expect more encounters like this right now.

2000$ for an hour of jet fuel? That seems like the real alarming thing from this.