Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I even try to pvp

I have 0 pvp gear for my monk but epic gloves for mistweaver, I want to do windwalker. I just feel mistweaver is stupid in pvp to how weak it is. Last time I tried it beginning of MoP I got facerolled in stupid low numbers.

In wind walker I just get bursted so rediculously fast.

Like I realize I have no pvp gear, even blue honor gear. But honestly, is there any way to start now, even with the blue honor gear, I feel like I just have to get killed over 9 million times in order to get up to the level of these guys...

I feel worthless

Deleted
    I'd probably just suffer through it in order to get prepared for 5.2 god tier windwalker class.

Deleted
    You could start out by buying a set of Contender's. It's fairly cheap, and it gives a good starter buff to PvP Power/Resilience. Of course you'll be an easy target for a long time, but that's just something you'll have to work around (being more careful etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    MW are the shit for PvP. Just drop your balls on people, and laugh when people try to stick on you

I've gotten 2k this season on my mistweaver (Non-carry or wintrading). I'm always top of the charts in heals, dispels, and I even do more cc than most of the dps. Giving up before you even have dreadful is just laziness on your part. Give it a go. WW requires a bit more skill because of being cced so hard.

Its hard to do any arena now, if you're this far behind on gear. I get steamrolled in full Dreadfull on both my alts, as I didnt lvl them up before very late in the expansion.. Everyone got full Malevolent now, and alot of people even got 2/2 upgarded, so yeah - you're very much behind on the gear scale.

And by the way, a mistweaver (That is healing right?) is better than windwalker(melee dps?), I realy hate healing monks.. :P Dont give up a spec/class because you die alot when you dont got gear..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is what I'd do: Look up the mats for the new crafted sets that should be on the PTR right now for the new season. Go get all those mats. Wait till 5.2 in a couple weeks. Get the full new crafted set, that + the huge number of buffs the class is getting should make you ok. Then you honor farm the full Epic Set, which will make you good to go for Arena.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I know people are not going to like this answer but in all honesty no you shouldn't try at this point. You are way too far behind and even when 5.2 comes out you will still be way to far behind bc they will have full sets of gear and will be upgraded and you wont. The other reason is unless you have done a lot of high lvl arena or RBGs in the past and are good gear isn't going to help you. Arena and RBG's are not for casuals. you will get trucked and frustrated. Also if you dont have skype and a million macros you wont be successful. Im not trying to be rude or troll just giving an honest answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    I know people are not going to like this answer but in all honesty no you shouldn't try at this point. You are way too far behind and even when 5.2 comes out you will still be way to far behind bc they will have full sets of gear and will be upgraded and you wont. The other reason is unless you have done a lot of high lvl arena or RBGs in the past and are good gear isn't going to help you. Arena and RBG's are not for casuals. you will get trucked and frustrated. Also if you dont have skype and a million macros you wont be successful. Im not trying to be rude or troll just giving an honest answer.
    Don't say demoralizing stuff like that lol.

Yeah Original Poster, go ahead and try to get some gear now and ease into the PVP scene. Since 5.2 is soon don't bother getting a complete set, but get enough so that you can have a good footing to get serious gear in 5.2.

And I'm not going to say every class is equally as viable, but you'll be just as fine in your spec. You're getting owned because of your lack of gear, not because of your class. (Not to mention you probably need to practice more and raise your skill.)

Go for it.

The only reason I ask this main question is that, after what...7 years? of WoW I'm tired of joining a guild, only to have it die within about 1-2 months of raiding because lack of people show up and leadership is lazy.

I don't want to make a guild on my own because it just goes down the hole faster. So I've just given up on raiding because at this point in a tier, your required to have 490+ item level to even raid normals PUG or not. My shaman is the closest and with the way tier 14 is setup, melee is extremely unattractive.

I've actually taken the liberty & started leveling my mage/warlock up to 90 on the way & will shortly make them my mains since I'm tired of getting left behind in the dust. This will probably be my last attempt at staying in WoW unless I can find a way to stick to PvP.

I just really don't like the bursty nature of WoW PvP. I liked it much more back in classic & early bc when you didn't get bursted from 100 to 0 in a matter of about 5 seconds even with full pvp gear now.

Ok enough with rant.

- I'll take a look at contenders sets pricing
    - I'll also take a look at future pvp set mats for 5.2
    - I can deal with about 30 minutes or so of getting my face pounded, but after so many deaths, I just get done with it & just alt+f4 WoW for a bit.

Don't worry, you're getting an uncounterable ability: Ring of Peace. And Blizzard said they don't like abilities that can't be countered. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    Someone is in a bad mood, of course you can get into PvP in the new season. You just have to grind your ass off to get the full honor gear asap, then not forget to cap your conq each week and you will atleast be able to reach 1.6k. Then after some practice you can reach higher and higher, PvP is realy fun - if you do it with people you enjoy playing with. Have a blast on skype and enjoy the game.
    If you just pick up randoms each week from trade chat, you'll have a chance to end up with "rage quitters" and suchs, wich make the game less fun.

Just prepare for 5.2 and new sesaon, farm gear asap, find some arena mate you'll enjoy playing with and you'll have a great time
    I came back to PvP this season, after not doing PvP since TBC. And I even started 4 weeks in the season. Managed to pug my ass to 1.9k RBG (No steady team, just pugs from trade), and reached 1.8k in 3v3 with two of my guild mates that are also pretty new to PvP.
    Just play, learn and achieve
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

You won't have a chance until you are in full dreadful. Even then, it's still a uphill battle. But I would still grind for it.

Oh and you are monk. Easy targets for melee that don't know how to play mistweaver. You will get cleaved to shit. Wind walker pretty much the same. Leather Armor only helps so much against pointy weapons.

i leveled a disc priest, dinged 2 days ago, i am now fully geared with 2 bits of malev too, i now don't die at all....WW monks also don't die
    Last edited by rzy; 2013-02-10 at 11:19 AM.

Just suffer through it for a couple days and you'll have full or near-full dreadful depending on playtime obviously. It's really not that bad, just resign yourself to a lot of death. Obviously even in Dreadful you'll get creamed by people in malev/with weapons, and even sometimes those who don't have that because you're getting trained by 3-5 people and get no peels. The joy of BGs!

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    i leveled a disc priest, dinged 2 days ago, i am now fully geared with 2 bits of malev too, i now don't die at all....WW monks also don't die
    And how exactly did you earn atleast 2500 conq points the first week? (2x 1250 rings = 2500 conq) Except if you wasnt one of the lucky ones and got one from Sha though :P
    And try arena and see if you can survive, I got a DK with full Dreadful + 3 malevolent, and die pretty fast if they go for me.. Same with my warrior alt with full dreadful and 2 malevolent.

My tip: Get full Dreaful, get conq capped each week, buy weapon, upgrade it and you're set for next season.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait for 5.2 and buy all the new crafted gear. It's easier to start when a season rolls over and people are closer in gear level.

Although you should at least suffer through arena for your weapon and try to get it upgraded.... so maybe you should just grind out those BGs...

Check the BG weekends, gearing alts is always easiest during AV and Isle. And if you can get into TB on your server, do it. It's great honor if you can keep the games quick (hopefully you are defending)
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2013-02-10 at 03:29 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Oqueue addon is probably going to help a lot Decent groups and so long as you aren't retarded you'll get the gear pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

No,game is really unbalanced atm,will be worse in 5.2...WW monks rape all...blood dks,they just heal like if they was healers...so.

Its not worth it atm, the game is totally unbalanced right now because of all the crazy burst, wait for 5.2 to see if it gets any better.