Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    She's not going evil. Leave them alone. I like your lore postings but my dark side is whispering in my ears and saying "VERBALLY DESTROY HIM!!! DO IT!!! GIVE IN TO YOUR DARKER SIDE MWAHAHAHA!"

Stop please

Of course shes not turning evil... SHES ALREADY EVIL! Look what happened to Arthas and Kael when they got close to her, they turned as evil as she did. Who is next, Thrall and Varian?
    No power in the verse can stop me.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK:

A: There is nothing in anything Lor'themar says that has him TELLING YOU you need to get blood. If YOU, the guy with the quest figured out you need to use blood to get the construct working, then that isn't on Lor'themar's head.

B: Compared to Jaina, Lor'themar sounds extremely reasonable in his approach. Jaina sounds more and more like an insane degenerate on par with someone like Sylvanas, or Garrosh himself "We can't let Garrosh have this power, We will have the power instead!" Seriously? She's become what she hates.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidz View Post
    Of course shes not turning evil... SHES ALREADY EVIL! Look what happened to Arthas and Kael when they got close to her, they turned as evil as she did. Who is next, Thrall and Varian?
    Thrall got out when he did, in anything Aggra saved him from being corrupted by Jaina's influence. Varian, the only chance he has now is either hook up with Tyrande or swear celibacy

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    OK:
    A: There is nothing in anything Lor'themar says that has him TELLING YOU you need to get blood. If YOU, the guy with the quest figured out you need to use blood to get the construct working, then that isn't on Lor'themar's head.
    PTR Audio Files Transcript - Lor: "What have you brought back? Ah…fascinating. Blood as a power source, very powerful form of life magic. The work of the Titans perhaps. How does it work? Aethas, I want our best archmages studying this device at once. We have so much to learn."

Spoiled it, I didn't know till I hear the audio files

Okay.

1. Neither of these characters have done anything evil with their newfound power yet. Jaina intends to use it against Garrosh, fair enough considering he nuked her city. Sieging Orc and bringing down the walls is a far cry from slaughtering innocents unless she targets it on civilians or something. Lor'themar likewise is just making constructs and has shown no sign of doing anything evil with them yet. I'm guessing that both will be turned upon Garrosh in SoO.

2. Jaina's only real love interests have been Arthas and now Kalecgos. Arthas' fall had nothing to do with Jaina. She was never into Kael'thas, it was HIM who had the creepy crush on her. And there is no indication or a romance blossoming between him and Varian other than 'omg, they're a man and women with prominent roles and both the same race!"

3. Garrosh has so far: turned his own soldiers into sha monsters. (Though they seemed so loyal to the cause they didn't mind it. Note that none of them started freaking out when he started using the bell.) Nuked a city, which to the best of his knowledge could have still had the civilians inside it. Enslaved molten giants despite warnings it could cause another cataclysm. Attempted to drive the Night Elves out of their ancestral lands and force them into the EK or exterminate them outright. Attempted to assassinate Vol'jin and put his people under martial law. Unleashed secret police upon his own people lead by an overzealous blackrock orc.

Nothing Lor'themar is doing in 5.2 comes even close to being like Garrosh. And the only strike Jaina has against her here is the Purging of Dalaran, where at least she took prisoners when they surrendered. Not saying that it's a perfectly moral thing by any means, but you seem to be saying 'hey, they took this power from these new raid bosses. MUST BE EVIL!!!' It's not the source of the power so much, as how it's used. It's not like Jaina's stealing power from Ra-den directly, or Lor'themar has a captured titan he's siphoning blood from.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Again, you are seriously fabricating Lor'themar's intentions. He wants to understand how the titans constructed a device that used blood as a power source, not telling you to go out the get blood. geez louise

OK:

B: Compared to Jaina, Lor'themar sounds extremely reasonable in his approach. Jaina sounds more and more like an insane degenerate on par with someone like Sylvanas, or Garrosh himself "We can't let Garrosh have this power, We will have the power instead!" Seriously? She's become what she hates.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:20 AM ----------

Thrall got out when he did, in anything Aggra saved him from being corrupted by Jaina's influence. Varian, the only chance he has now is either hook up with Tyrande or swear celibacy
    Pfffft, you're telling me one of the most powerful mages couldn't just summon Thrall to her little love den whenever she pleases? :P

And so you're telling me Varian is doomed then, he's going full evil eventually? Tyrande is very faithful to Mal, I mean she even turned down one of the most bad-ass manly man men there is, Illidan, and stayed true to Mal even through 10,000 years of sleep.
    No power in the verse can stop me.

As a proud blood elf of silvermoon city. I see nothing wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malf will die, and in her grief, Tyrande will fling herself into the arms of the manly wolfman Varian.... please god no.

Deleted
    So now daily rep faction requires you to kill raid boss too for last quest? Fuck you blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    She will be FINE, with her father Antonidas staff, that is upgraded now with ancient Titan Powers
    Antonidas isn't her dad.

Guys this dood's nuts.
    Twas brillig

She will be FINE, with her father Antonidas staff, that is upgraded now with ancient Titan Powers
    Antonidas was her mentor; one of the previous leaders of the Kirin Tor before he was killed by Arthas during The Third War on behalf of Arcimonde.

B: Compared to Jaina, Lor'themar sounds extremely reasonable in his approach. Jaina sounds more and more like an insane degenerate on par with someone like Sylvanas, or Garrosh himself "We can't let Garrosh have this power, We will have the power instead!" Seriously? She's become what she hates.[COLOR="red"]
    Oh for crying out loud how is taking the power so the maniac can't have it evil?

Until she actually uses it for something bad she's not 'evil'.

For gods sakes this is ridiculous.
    Twas brillig

i dont see how this is like garrosh.

garrosh wants to crush everything and is willing to forsake his soldiers and comrades to attain it.

lor'themar and jaina both want this power to defend their people and stop what they see as evil.

one side is total and utter greed, the other side is while maybe a bit misguided is done for what they see as the good of the future.

also will people stop the whole jaina is evil thing. this would be like saying admiral taylor is evil or basically any character that ever wanted revenge for a huge loss in their life was evil.

honestly if jaina was some random Si7 agent saying "THE HORDE WILL PAY FOR THERE CRIMES" nobody would be saying shit, its just because its coming from former miss lets hold hands and sing kumbiya that it seems overtly dark or menacing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Antonidas isn't her dad.

Guys this dood's nuts.
    Why did I think he was her father :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you put a spoiler message at the beginning of the thread or even into the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Why don't you put a spoiler message at the beginning of the thread or even into the title?
    Because we've known all of this for awhile, it was datamined ages ago.
    Twas brillig

Okay; two things that are entirely incorrect here: 1. We have no in-game lore that points to Jaina's staff having ever belonged to Antonidas; and 2. Antonidas was NOT Jaina's father; he was her teacher/mentor. Her father was Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, the leader of Kul Tiras.

As for the initial theory; neither act makes either of them "worse than Garrosh"; although of the two of them; i'd honestly be a bit more suspicious of Jaina; considering the fact that she already tried to destroy Orgrimmar once (in the Tides of War novel).

Quote Originally Posted by Karagar View Post
    Okay; two things that are entirely incorrect here: 1. We have no in-game lore that points to Jaina's staff having ever belonged to Antonidas; and

2. Antonidas was NOT Jaina's father; he was her teacher/mentor. Her father was Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, the leader of Kul Tiras.

As for the initial theory; neither act makes either of them "worse than Garrosh"; although of the two of them; i'd honestly be a bit more suspicious of Jaina; considering the fact that she already tried to destroy Orgrimmar once (in the Tides of War novel).
    1. Actually it's called as such in the quest.

2. Correct

3. Agreed, but I think she's largely being hyperbolic, she's not going to blow up innocents, just Garrosh and his loyalists.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Sorry Alliance, we have Jesus on our side.
    I'm pretty sure this is right. We can't fail we have the one. If Neo was an Orc and this was the Matrix, he'd be Thrall.

PTR Audio Files Transcript - Lor: "What have you brought back? Ah…fascinating. Blood as a power source, very powerful form of life magic. The work of the Titans perhaps. How does it work? Aethas, I want our best archmages studying this device at once. We have so much to learn."

Spoiled it, I didn't know till I hear the audio files
    That sounds more like "intellectual curiosity" than "Muahahaha! I will use this power to take over the world!" The Blood Elves have a racial affinity for magic, and have seemingly been using arcane constructs/golems for thousands of years; so it makes sense that when they come across a kind of golem they've never seen before that they'd want to study it. Also; we know that "Blood Magic" is an actively studied field in Blood Elven culture (as seen by the Belf Blood Magi that you do quest for in the Blasted Lands, and possibly other quests/NPCs that i can't immediately recall.) so it makes sense they may not view such devices with the disdain or fear other cultures might. And just because the Dark Animus type golems use blood for power doesn't mean such golems couldn't be created that used other substances.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    1. Actually it's called as such in the quest.

2. Correct

3. Agreed, but I think she's largely being hyperbolic, she's not going to blow up innocents, just Garrosh and his loyalists.
    Ah, i stand corrected then; thank you for the info RE: the staff.