Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Seeing the words "Google is hard", "Just Google it", or "Stop being lazy and learn2google!" on a forum when a question is asked... seeing that... written on a FORUM! A place DESIGNED for creating a community based around mutual interests and communication of said interests! >_<
    This I hate it and if I was a mod I would ban every !#@hole who did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    The memes he specifically mentions in the piece of text you bothered to quote, are indeed relatively recent and internet based. But no, carry on assuming people's age via forum posts.
    Well, it happens that I've never seen these so-called "memes" he's seen, Facebook, here or otherwise... Especially considering that I happen to believe that being said is true, but I mostly believe it only applies for my slowly outdating generation. Not today's College-age generation. ^_^

As I said from my text YOU bothered quoting - that debate has LOOONG since been going on... as I've stated later on in another post, it's just probably sticking out to people of the younger generation because there's so many now-disgruntled peeps at my age whom grew up in an age and generation where that's true - and the younger people (thankfully!) don't really have to deal with that kind of stupidity in their generation as their generation is not only more tolerant, but accepting and non totally classist as my 80s generation was.

Kinda like how it irks me when my father and many of his generation refers to African American's as "Coloreds"... it's not that he's totally racist, it's just a generational thing he grew up with and deals with in his mind.

I try not to to let nonsensical or jumbled sentences try to annoy me too much; English isn't everyone's first language after all. However I hate it when you get people doing the goddamn i can haz cheezburger stuff. They'll intentionally type "dis" instead of "this" or "dat" for that "that". It just smacks of laziness to me and I can't fathom why anyone would want to type like that. Like what the hell image do they think they're giving off?

Oh and political posters eschewing how "hate-filled" the other party is while sounding just as hateful.
    Last edited by link4117; 2013-02-10 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    "Bronies"
    Hashtag yolo swag
    9gag
    80% of stuff on on Facebook
    White knights
    Hasn't 9gag died out? Not seen people spam posting there pics all over fb in a while.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately a lot of the memes and fads die pretty fast.

Gangnam Style
    Duck Face
    Over-Obsessed Girlfriend
    Yolo
    Annoying people who just share photos that someone else put up that has a bunch of subscribers on facebook (does this count?)
    Hashtags on facebook

-Hashtags
    -Bad youtubers (Hello Pewdiepie!)
    -Religious people.
    -Duckfaces...
    -Yolo and Swag
    -Fanboyz

Deleted
    UMADBRO/Yolo/Every other stupid thing kids say because they're sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    The letters "qt" that people put in their usernames, my God it's annoying though it's very common amongst Arena/PvP players on WoW, more often than not they have an elitism problem.
    Almost everyone I see who has 'qt' at the end of their name is a huge elitist and asshat.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I hate all internet fads basically. People trying to look cool and fit in by doing what's popular. I really wish people would start looking down upon people who mindlessly follow trends .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Hasn't 9gag died out? Not seen people spam posting there pics all over fb in a while.
    Le 9gag army never dies!

-"Its just a game"
    -"Well if you hate (x) so much why do you still play?"

x being anything. Dailies, fishing, cooking, pvp, pve - or any minor thing that has changed over the years (not all just one/two things). Because if you dont like 100% of some game then you should quit the game because you "hate it".
    -People saying trolling is having different opinion or pointing out argument as false.
    Happens a lot on this forum and some others.
    -People who are douches towards people with mental illness
    "Just smile its not hard", "someone is having it worse", "omfg people nowdays are so weak there wasnt depression 50 years ago"

-People who are apathetic on everything
    -"Want to go somewhere?"
    "Sorry I'm busy brushing my hair"
    -"Ok we planned vacation for 6 months lets go"
    "Sorry I'm watching film today so I cant go"
    If you dont want to be my friend or you are lazy to leave the house, just say so.

People who are against writers and want everything to be 100% politically correct and not allow characters to be who they would be in the world they are set into
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-02-10 at 05:52 PM.

Athene playing LoL sets me off.. Damn.. i was actually raging at my monitor.

Just thought of another thing:

"First world problem". This shit really gets on my damn nerves. Yes, there are people starving and being slaughtered in Africa. Yes women are being super oppressed in the middle east. That shit has 0 effect on my life, so why should I care more about the problems of someone 6000 miles away and "suck it up" about my own problems. Everyone has problems, some worse than others. But the only ones that matter to me are those that affect me.

And the whole "white privilege" crap that goes along with the "first world problems".

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vaguebooking.
    "Share this..." or "like this..." spam.
    Social media buttons on everything (There's a great fix for that...)

"viable" discussions in competitive raiding threads. (i.e. Holy DPS priests)
    Pokemon in every single game ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherkeith View Post
    MLP - there is absolutely no justification no matter how you rationalize it
    Anime - see above
    And the worst...People stating their opinions as fact and then getting all defensive/angry when people disagree with their opinion.
    No justification for what? Enjoying something you find entertaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    <snip>
    4. People that use acronyms in real life >.<
    What? so, you never say things like PIN, RADAR, LASER?

On that subject, tautologies like PIN number bug me. (I've even seen it refered to as one's 'personal PIN number')
    Last edited by mmocf5d8a46da8; 2013-02-10 at 06:35 PM.

My little pony
    The way people talk on Tumblr
    People who take their stereotypes of the type of gamer they are to the extreme (Old\young\girl\white knights)
    White male shaming
    Last edited by Emek; 2013-02-10 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    People that quote text and add 'This.'

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of internet fads are really irritating, but usually only when people try to force them into conversations or plaster memes, etc., all over social media. IDK, I guess I have a high tolerance for stupid. They don't really bother me that much.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Facebook TWITer anime ponies Africa.
    Last edited by enphestid; 2013-02-10 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    I am getting pretty tired on all memes, they can be funny sometimes but it's just too much. The only meme that I always find fun is Dolan, seriously I can think of a Dolan comic all randomly and then burst out in laughter, pretty hard to keep your mouth shut when in public xD.