Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    That could easily be an excuse to have the man pay the bill and imply it more as a date. Typically speaking, and from firsthand experience, if a girl DOESN'T want you to pay, your probably being friend zoned. Maybe she's just trying to make her intentions a little more clear.
    Well from my experience it's quite the opposite. if a girl is inclined to you now paying it implies a date, unless you were already friends before or some other scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

This really reads like emotional exploitation.

Do not do anything with her. Do not touch her. Do not pass go. Do not collect two hundred dollars.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    And you're how old?
    I wouldn't mind either. I don't go looking for them but if the person is worth it why not?

OT: You already seem like you're not interessted, I don't know what more you can want from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    Unless you're guaranteed to get a Blow J, I say no. Too much baggage. Kid, no phone, broke plays the "But I like you" card by batting her eyes at a lonely guy. No. She knows how to be a manipulative woman. You will get used most likely. All of this is from the information you have supplied. But in the end you know her more than all of us and maybe there is something more to this than we see.
    You can not come to any of those as logical conclusions, because you have no idea how much of the story he is "padding". The kid, I can understand, but since I am in my 30's isn't as big of a deal to me were I looking for someone to date or whatever. Some people just hate cellphones, and again he could be padding this to make people give opinions a certain way.

And the "unless you will get a BJ" line shows you are too immature to be dating since you seem to have to get sexual favors in return for going to a meal with someone.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

She didn't ask you out if she wasn't willing to pay. She asked you if you want to buy her dinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    id drop dat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    She didn't ask you out if she wasn't willing to pay. She asked you if you want to buy her dinner.
    Says who? The logic of people in this thread? There are still quite a few people who still think if a man and woman go on a date that the man should pay. You only have one side of the story here and you assume the Op is being 100% truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Says who? The logic of people in this thread? There are still quite a few people who still think if a man and woman go on a date that the man should pay. You only have one side of the story here and you assume the Op is being 100% truthful.
    Says common decency.

The person doing the asking pays. Period. Gender is irrelevant. You don't invite someone out, then expect them to pay for you too, that's beyond rude.

I'd never ask a girl out, then expect her to pay both of our ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    You can only give your opinion on what is presented, not assume and make things up without a base. Even if he is lying to "pad" the post, thats all you can really judge on. The others are right, if you ask someone out, you should pay. If she wanted to make it clear that she likes him, she could tell him and offer to pay, or like Ebil suggested, cook him a small/cheap meal at her home.

What's your feeling for the girl? Do you find her attractive? As you said, the whole kid thing was a minus, but apart from that?

Only thing i can say is:

1. If you don't her, tell her why and cancel that lunch. Or you might tell her during that lunch, who knows.
    2. If you do like her, go on that lunch. As a poster above said: "She might wants to settle down".

However the kid part is just a big minus in this situation. If you don't like that she has a kid - dump her.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    You know full well you're taking advantage of them by leading them on. I think most people have a ridiculous and childlike notion of morality so I won't bother to attach moral weight to the action, but if you wouldn't be OK with it if it was done to you (most people aren't) or if you wouldn't be OK with it if you looked at it in a different light, then odds are you need to reassess whether or not this is acceptable behavior.
    Tbh, if a guy is buying drinks for me if I'm out.. then he's got only himself to blame.

It's proven that in times of bad economy. The more intelligent (or if you are perceived as more intelligent) becomes far more attractive. The fact that she cannot pay for lunch, has a 2 year old daughter and does not own a phone is clear evidence that she is struggling. She is looking for someone to take care of her and her baby. But that does not necessarily mean she is aware of this.

Short story: She has an enormous responsibility (her child) and she is bad off economically = She is looking for a mate that can fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    That could easily be an excuse to have the man pay the bill and imply it more as a date. Typically speaking, and from firsthand experience, if a girl DOESN'T want you to pay, your probably being friend zoned. Maybe she's just trying to make her intentions a little more clear.
    As a female, myself, I would go the cheap meal at home. That way I don't have to spend too much money on a meal (something like a spaghetti, a salad and bread), I don't have to find/pay someone to watch my child, and I could have leftovers for the next day. Most of the men I know would love a nice homemade meal and it does show that you care enough about him to cook them a meal.

But that is just my opinion on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    based on the op, id say that poster's social skills are pretty limited. is she still currently a party girl? or was that 2 years ago or back in high school or college? or maybe shes got a sympathetic girlfriend who takes her out sometimes to have fun and unwind and the kid gets a sleepover with grandma. as for her being broke, shes a single mom with a young kid, what do you expect??? and pay for the date you cheap prick. seriously its just lunch. it sounds like you hardly know her, whats the worst that could happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    She just wanted a free lunch.

Anyone shouldn't never ask for someone to pay their diner , that unacceptable in my opinion.

If i invite a someone to a date , i will propose to pay it but if she ask me to pay before we even started to eat , no way. If she ask to pay 50/50 , well the date just got better .
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Go to lunch, dont be that gamer that refuses to go out in the "real world" because your too hyped up on energy drinks and doritos, its lunch.
    Part of being a mature man is to not drool over any girl you meet, just because she has a vagina.

If you don't feel attracted, don't bother.

you will get nothing from her what you expect unless she attracts you

How she sees you: