Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be made so said person is only disarmed/silences when actually INSIDE of the ring. The disarm/silence should simply wear off immediately as you leave the ring. Otherwise there's no way to counter it, besides running away.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    It should be made so said person is only disarmed/silences when actually INSIDE of the ring. The disarm/silence should simply wear off immediately as you leave the ring. Otherwise there's no way to counter it, besides running away.
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works, is it not?

Uh.... don't stand in it?

The best counter is to CC who ever has the ring, and attack something else for 8 sec. But, when you take flag capping/defending, this becomes much easier said then done. Currently the ability is too strong against melee, and probably too weak against caster dps and healers. For starters, I think attackers should be silenced for attacking someone in the ring, regardless of where they themselves are standing... with this and perhaps other buffs, the cooldown can be increased slightly so that melee don't have to deal with it every 45 seconds.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Uh.... don't stand in it?
    Easier said then done with trying to defend a flag while multiple people are on top of it trying to cap.

[QUOTE=Tangra;20174117]The best counter is to CC who ever has the ring, and attack something else for 8 sec. But, when you take flag capping/defending, this becomes much easier said then done. Currently the ability is too strong against melee, and probably too weak against caster dps and healers. For starters, I think attackers should be silenced for attacking someone in the ring, regardless of where they themselves are standing... with this and perhaps other buffs, the cooldown can be increased slightly so that melee don't have to deal with it every 45 seconds.[QUOTE]

I see it being a bit problem for flag capping. Typically you have a warrior / DK sit arround the flag durring a team fight and thunderclap / HB to keep people from ninja capping. If They are disarmed and silenced they will have a much tougher time stoping people from capturing. (they can still "mele" attack). As to buffing it against casters I disagree. Monk mobility is very high. If you need to close the gap to silence a caster use your roll ability to help close that gap. That's basically they counter. A Mage deeps / pollymorphs the monk fear etc etc. If the monk chooses to dive in, he could potentially over extedhim self and cause bad positioning after the ROP is done. While the initial "threat" of ROP is great I think Deep Freezes from mages pose bigger CC threats. Deep - CS - Polly is very strong and lasts longer than a ROP. With dispells being on longer CDs You could be out of the game longer than you think. ROP isn't a broken ability. It's the AMS for Mele. Mages / Warlocks can't counter AMS when it's up, mele can't counter ROP. (Iceblock and Warlock Sac isn't a counter it's a defensive so you don't die, when I say counter I mean stop the ability Windshear > Spells that's a counter as Overpower is to Dodge). I bet if a DK has AMS up when the Monk pops it he wont be effected. Anyways that's my 2 cents.

Omg mechanics to a Class! Do not want that is why i play world of warcraft. Just mash Mortal Strike and overpower and you will be ok.

Run away. They are melee and have to stay within melee range if they are damage dealers. They can't hurt ya if you aren't near em.

[QUOTE=Lirina;20174287][QUOTE=Tangra;20174117]The best counter is to CC who ever has the ring, and attack something else for 8 sec. But, when you take flag capping/defending, this becomes much easier said then done. Currently the ability is too strong against melee, and probably too weak against caster dps and healers. For starters, I think attackers should be silenced for attacking someone in the ring, regardless of where they themselves are standing... with this and perhaps other buffs, the cooldown can be increased slightly so that melee don't have to deal with it every 45 seconds.

I see it being a bit problem for flag capping. Typically you have a warrior / DK sit arround the flag durring a team fight and thunderclap / HB to keep people from ninja capping. If They are disarmed and silenced they will have a much tougher time stoping people from capturing. (they can still "mele" attack). As to buffing it against casters I disagree. Monk mobility is very high. If you need to close the gap to silence a caster use your roll ability to help close that gap. That's basically they counter. A Mage deeps / pollymorphs the monk fear etc etc. If the monk chooses to dive in, he could potentially over extedhim self and cause bad positioning after the ROP is done. While the initial "threat" of ROP is great I think Deep Freezes from mages pose bigger CC threats. Deep - CS - Polly is very strong and lasts longer than a ROP. With dispells being on longer CDs You could be out of the game longer than you think. ROP isn't a broken ability. It's the AMS for Mele. Mages / Warlocks can't counter AMS when it's up, mele can't counter ROP. (Iceblock and Warlock Sac isn't a counter it's a defensive so you don't die, when I say counter I mean stop the ability Windshear > Spells that's a counter as Overpower is to Dodge). I bet if a DK has AMS up when the Monk pops it he wont be effected. Anyways that's my 2 cents.
    I see what you mean, but ultimately the issue here is that Ghostcrawler has openly admitted that basically all melee specs are currently too weak in rated bgs. So, adding in a mechanic that is so oppressive to melee at this time is exceptionally strange. I agree that there are plenty of abilities that greatly inconvenience casters, but that being said, rated PvP is currently slanted toward casters, and when it comes to rated bgs casters are even acknowledged by blizzard to be generally overpowered. So, I'm not saying that ring of peace has no place in the game, but currently more anti-melee mechanics are just not needed.

I'm not trying to nerf monks here, I'm just saying their buffs could be more rational and more appropriate in terms of the current state of the game. At this time both players and developers agree that casters are the ones who should have to work a bit harder for their rbg spot. However, Ghostcrawler did mentioned that they are currently working on ways of making all melee more attractive in rated bgs, so perhaps when those changes are announced Ring of Peace will become a bit more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    How do you counter Typhoon into Cyclone into Cyclone into Cyclone into Root into Disorient into Root into Cyclone?
    Purge the druid, hit recklessness, shockwave him and proceed to instant kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Run away. They are melee and have to stay within melee range if they are damage dealers. They can't hurt ya if you aren't near em.
    You do know that Ring of Peace is a targeted ability usable on all friendly targets... right? And you do know that even if a monk uses it on themselves, you're never going to outrun them... right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    [/COLOR]
    Icebound Fortitude, trinket, Hand of Protection, Blink, Shamanistic Rage. Dispersion mitigates significantly and Barkskin helps some.
    Congratulations! You have successfully not been stunned for the first 8 seconds of combat versus a warrior by trading 1-3 minute cooldowns. 20 seconds pass. Warbringer->Shockwave->How do you survive this one?->20 seconds pass->Warbringer->Shockwave->How do you survive this one?->Congratulations! You have successfully survived the first minute of combat versus a warrior - you are a frost mage.

(I'm teasing of course, but any comparison of CC's like in this thread is going to get pretty silly without taking everything else in the game into account).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    How do you counter Disarm?
    How do you counter Frost Trap when your trinket is on CD?
    How do you counter Counterspell?
    How do you counter Psychic Scream into tendrils?
    How do you counter Fear into Mesmerize?
    How do you counter Dismantle?
    How do you counter Lay on Hands?
    How do you counter Typhoon into Cyclone into Cyclone into Cyclone into Root into Disorient into Root into Cyclone?
    Lay on hands isn't usable in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Depends, what class do you people? It does not hurt ww/feral that much and dk/shama can still cast things, warrior/rogue/hunters are somewhat screwed though, or maybe i heard rogues can use their throwing weapon if they get disarmed?
    I love how in all that you forget us Ret Paladins. Just goes to show you that people forget about Ret's when it comes to PvP.

How do casters counter AMS?
    Get a partner that knows how to peel/cc and you're good. With the amount of cc nowadays, this really should not be a problem.

And to the people complaining about how "OP" it'll be in RBG's...Have you ever seen a Windwalker monk in rbg's EVER? They need something like this to be even slightly viable. Each class has their niche. Look at literally every other class and they have some way of becoming viable in an rbg while WW monks are left to shit damage and even shittier defensives.
    If a solid rbg team cannot peel a monk with RoP you deserve to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Latus View Post
    How do casters counter AMS?
    Get a partner that knows how to peel/cc and you're good. With the amount of cc nowadays, this really should not be a problem.
    If you're seriously comparing AMS to Ring of Peace, I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Latus View Post
    And to the people complaining about how "OP" it'll be in RBG's...Have you ever seen a Windwalker monk in rbg's EVER? They need something like this to be even slightly viable. Each class has their niche. Look at literally every other class and they have some way of becoming viable in an rbg while WW monks are left to shit damage and even shittier defensives.
    If a solid rbg team cannot peel a monk with RoP you deserve to lose.
    Ret Paladins and Enhance Shamans are in the same boat, just a little higher on the deck - but they get nothing like this. The RBG team can avoid it completely by not taking any melee other than monks and 1 DK.

You do know that Ring of Peace is a targeted ability usable on all friendly targets... right? And you do know that even if a monk uses it on themselves, you're never going to outrun them... right?
    By the way, Monks can put Ring of Peace on their clones from Storm, Earth, and Fire.... as well as pretty much any pet...so yeah, getting away will be quite a challenge when dealing with a smart player.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    RoP prevents a friendly target from recieving melee damage for 8 seconds. It's basically like an undispellable BoP that doesn't remove the ability to do physical abilities, and has a 45 second cooldown.

The OP asked how to counter it. The only answer there is that there are no counters other than switching target.
    There are plenty of ways of countering it. You could just CC them.... Who says you have to keep training the RoP target? Fear them and hard switch for 8 seconds...
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Boy would PvP suck otherwise.
    i c wut u did ther and it was funny.

but i do think they are trying to get away from instant cc's. they changed blood fear and they screwed with repentence/blinding light. just remove polymorph from the game and ill be a happy camper.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

There is nothing he gets to sit there and you can't do anything.

People cried so hard over how warriors where so OP just wait until you see the new monks.

Deleted
    If you're seriously comparing AMS to Ring of Peace, I lol'd.
    actually that's not a bad comparism.

AMS is a 5 second immunity to magic, while RoP is an 8 second immunity to melee - castable on teammates. both on a 45 second CD.