1. #1

    Idea for 12th class

    Ok, so just doing some brainstorming here, we all know there will be a 12th class - blizzard introduces new races and classes to keep the cost of low level items somewhat relevant and to make you play more. And Blizzard always intoduces hybrids so there's more freedom to people/more people able to tank or heal.

    Now, since only hunters use bows/crossbows/guns and only rogues use agi daggers I think the new class might/would be good to use those.
    So I'm thinking one talent tree will be DPS, and ranged hunter weapons, another will be tank and use a dagger and shield or just daggers, and a third will be intellect healer. Now, there are only two mail users, and one int mail and one int plate user, making me think the class will use agi mail in tank and dps specs and int mail OR plate mail in healer spec, having some sort of ability that automatically upgrades the armor value of any mail when used in healer spec, and being able to only use plate in healer spec, and having a hybrid mail/plate specialization in healer spec.
    And as an added bonus, since only 3 classes/8 specs use strength, maybe the tank and dps specs also use strength, making them use str gems and trinkets and enchants, and having an ability that automatically converts non-gem/enchant egility on their armor/weapons to strength.


    Like I said, maybe blizzard won't do this, but I feel like it would be the perfect solution to our problems.

  2. #2
    Class: Dragonsworn

    Specs

    Red or Life-binder: Healing
    Heal with the fire and flame of the red dragon flight.

    Blue or Spell-weaver: DPS
    possibly a caster or weapon dps uses arcane magic like a ret paladin uses holy or a death knight shadow/nature.

    Bronze or Timeless: Tank
    As a Guardian or time and policing the ever spinning pathways of fate and destiny, you bend time to prevent damage, or reverse it.

    Mainly uses mail and polearms.

    Just thought of this off the top of my head, I kinda like it :S

  3. #3
    There's a decent class idea thread here that discusses various possibilities for a class centered around range heavy / melee light DPS of various flavors. I liked it for the Dark Ranger and Warden specs, harkening back to the WC3 heroes of the same names.

    It would cover a ranged physical damage role that only the hunter holds right now, and its sufficiently different from the hunter.

    I'd like to see some kind of hybrid ranged/melee DPS spec, which is something we don't really have at the moment - a class that can perform melee combat and ranged combat as needed, even having some kind of mechanic that necessitates switching between the two. Perhaps melee resources only regenerate while in range move, and vice versa. I think Runemasters could work like this as a kind of rogue-shaman-death knight, although they might be too similar to monks at this point - Runemasters have such a cool visual appearance though (tauren ones, anyway).

    If we're going into a Legion-themed expac I still think there's possibility for a demon hunter class. I'd lift the Demonic Fury mechanic from warlocks and use it to to fulfill various roles depending on spec. In the end a demonology warlock would be to demon hunters like a feral druid is to rogues. Maybe demon hunters could have a melee spec, tank spec, and the melee/range hybrid DPS I mentioned above.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's a decent class idea thread here that discusses various possibilities for a class centered around range heavy / melee light DPS of various flavors. I liked it for the Dark Ranger and Warden specs, harkening back to the WC3 heroes of the same names.

    It would cover a ranged physical damage role that only the hunter holds right now, and its sufficiently different from the hunter.

    I'd like to see some kind of hybrid ranged/melee DPS spec, which is something we don't really have at the moment - a class that can perform melee combat and ranged combat as needed, even having some kind of mechanic that necessitates switching between the two. Perhaps melee resources only regenerate while in range move, and vice versa. I think Runemasters could work like this as a kind of rogue-shaman-death knight, although they might be too similar to monks at this point - Runemasters have such a cool visual appearance though (tauren ones, anyway).

    If we're going into a Legion-themed expac I still think there's possibility for a demon hunter class. I'd lift the Demonic Fury mechanic from warlocks and use it to to fulfill various roles depending on spec. In the end a demonology warlock would be to demon hunters like a feral druid is to rogues. Maybe demon hunters could have a melee spec, tank spec, and the melee/range hybrid DPS I mentioned above.
    You should make more threads I legit, love them. The creative juices flow strongly within you. (no sarcasm intended) (actually a fan)

    Look forward to see you create other interesting ideas and posting!

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! The Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Merry ol' England.
    Posts
    5,204
    Here is one I thought of for a Laugh.

    Berserker.

    A Savage warrior than combines brutal strength with feral agility.

    Tank, ranged DPS, Melee DPS.

    Armor: Mail
    Weapons, 1 handed axes, 1 handed swords, Daggers, Bows, Crossbows, Guns. Polearms.

    Tank: Gladiator. Using Either two hand weapons or a polearm, the Gladiator is designed to feint, parry, dodge and block blows using his weapons to deflect and redirect blows, they stand toe to toe to stop them.

    Example skills.


    Cross guard: Blocks using the current weapons. Scales with AP.

    Arcing slash: Strikes forward in a cone, dealing damage and applying weakened blows.

    True grit: Reduces damage taken by 50% and clears any slows or roots, moves 30% slow while in effect.


    Range DPS: Headhunter.

    Using either ranged weapons OR melee weapons to throw, the Headhunter seeks out his prey and takes them on directly.

    Example skills.

    Headshot: strikes the target for 300% damage, can only be used after a critical hit

    War frenzy: Increases attack speed, but increases damage taken

    Bouncing hit: attack chains between targets damage is increased when used to throw weapons.

    Strafe shot: fires off at any target close by, Damage is increased while moving and being closer to the target, only usable by ranged weapons.


    Melee DPS: Marauder

    Not thought of much here yet, probably a mixture of Windwalker and fury warrior.
    "What do you seek within the mountain?"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    You should make more threads I legit, love them. The creative juices flow strongly within you. (no sarcasm intended) (actually a fan)

    Look forward to see you create other interesting ideas and posting!
    Thanks, though I think that game mechanics like class ideas and abilities are not my strong suit. There was a big-ass demon hunter related thread posted a week ago that I wish I could've taken part in from the beginning.

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    You should make more threads I legit, love them. The creative juices flow strongly within you. (no sarcasm intended) (actually a fan)

    Look forward to see you create other interesting ideas and posting!
    That was my thread actually, and thanks the accolades.

    @OP: It would seem that a lot of people are aiming for a mail class of some type. My Ranger idea was just one of many. Another idea I had was the Tinker class idea, which seemed to also be somewhat popular. If I had to choose which one I think is most likely, it would probably be the Tinker, since it is so adaptable and different than anything else we have had in the game previously.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmonishere View Post
    Ok, so just doing some brainstorming here, we all know there will be a 12th class - blizzard introduces new races and classes to keep the cost of low level items somewhat relevant and to make you play more. And Blizzard always intoduces hybrids so there's more freedom to people/more people able to tank or heal.

    Now, since only hunters use bows/crossbows/guns and only rogues use agi daggers I think the new class might/would be good to use those.
    So I'm thinking one talent tree will be DPS, and ranged hunter weapons, another will be tank and use a dagger and shield or just daggers, and a third will be intellect healer. Now, there are only two mail users, and one int mail and one int plate user, making me think the class will use agi mail in tank and dps specs and int mail OR plate mail in healer spec, having some sort of ability that automatically upgrades the armor value of any mail when used in healer spec, and being able to only use plate in healer spec, and having a hybrid mail/plate specialization in healer spec.
    And as an added bonus, since only 3 classes/8 specs use strength, maybe the tank and dps specs also use strength, making them use str gems and trinkets and enchants, and having an ability that automatically converts non-gem/enchant egility on their armor/weapons to strength.


    Like I said, maybe blizzard won't do this, but I feel like it would be the perfect solution to our problems.
    It seems pretty unlikely that we'll see a new class anytime soon, or a class that fits any role outside of the DPS/Healer/Tank dynamic in this game ever. We already have a lot of class overlap, and class bloat is a real problem, since the most popular raid structure is 10 man. My guess is that we will not see a new class in the next expansion, so the next time Blizzard will debut any new class is two expansions away.

    If they ever add another class, it will certainly be something that fits the theme of whatever the expansion they're doing is going to be, and probably also something rooted in existing Warcraft lore.
    Last edited by Crawford; 2013-02-10 at 11:12 PM.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's a decent class idea thread here that discusses various possibilities for a class centered around range heavy / melee light DPS of various flavors. I liked it for the Dark Ranger and Warden specs, harkening back to the WC3 heroes of the same names.
    I really like the Warden spec for the hypothetical Ranger class in that thread. Especially the Charm talent and the talent where it can send an owl out to scout. I think something like that could work as long as Blizzard did enough to differentiate them from hunters.

  10. #10
    Tinker, use agi/int mail armor and ranged weapons.

    Steamwarrior - tank spec, ranged weapon would be more of a stat stick, uses a mech suit to tank similar to bear form

    Medic - healer spec, uses alchemy, chemicals and medicine to heal as well as machinery to help protect

    Sharpshooter - Ranged dps spec, pew pews

  11. #11
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Tinker, use agi/int mail armor and ranged weapons.

    Steamwarrior - tank spec, ranged weapon would be more of a stat stick, uses a mech suit to tank similar to bear form

    Medic - healer spec, uses alchemy, chemicals and medicine to heal as well as machinery to help protect

    Sharpshooter - Ranged dps spec, pew pews
    I like that idea a lot.

  12. #12
    I think we should have a Peon class. A support class that scavenges things that their faction may need. ALL HAIL THE PEON!!!!

  13. #13
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Tinker, use agi/int mail armor and ranged weapons.

    Steamwarrior - tank spec, ranged weapon would be more of a stat stick, uses a mech suit to tank similar to bear form

    Medic - healer spec, uses alchemy, chemicals and medicine to heal as well as machinery to help protect

    Sharpshooter - Ranged dps spec, pew pews
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Idea-(Long)

    What do you think of that?

  14. #14
    My money is on Teriz's Tinker idea (coincidentally just mentioned). I seriously want it implemented.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •