Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Could you get ban for something like this...

Lets say you made short video clips and posted them on youtube of your wow playing.

Now during these clips you include commentary that's rude and crude maybe even kinda bizarre.

And the whole premises of your video's is you as a healer wiping groups. Like watching them all die then logging out.

And during most of the instance you just troll them.

Of course you'd protect the identities of other users and presumably yourself.

Lets say these videos brought lawls, and gain some attention in the community, but blizzard saw the videos and what do you think their opinion would be.

Would this boarder line harassment? Could you get ban? What fine line would you make sure not to cross?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolling dungeon groups is actionable, but I doubt they'd act on Youtube videos. They'd probably need in-game reports, for logs and other things they can use for evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Not sure if it could, but it definitely should.

I don't reccomend intentionally griefing other players of your own faction. If thats the only way you get enjoyment out of this game, you need to play something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But want kind of asshole even thinks to do this?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    There is someone just like this ....https://www.youtube.com/user/Worldof...ature=g-user-u
    WOW THIS IS SO HILARIOUS (Sarcasm) People like that need a good kick in the head -_- It's retards like this, that make low level dungeons frustrating. I mean really... only people with low IQ's think it's hilarious to zone in to groups, say stupid crap. Do nothing then go out of their way to wipe people.

I agree with what someone else said, while I don't think it is a bannable offense it should be. Can't people just play the game like intended instead of being assholes and trying to ruin it for everyone else?
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2013-02-10 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

This could turn out to be a really interesting discussion.

What about the player doing these negative things, is he entitled to play the game as he wants for his enjoyment?

Does he have equal right?

Or are you obligated to play within the norm?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Lets say you made short video clips and posted them on youtube of your wow playing.

Now during these clips you include commentary that's rude and crude maybe even kinda bizarre.

And the whole premises of your video's is you as a healer wiping groups. Like watching them all die then logging out.

And during most of the instance you just troll them.

Of course you'd protect the identities of other users and presumably yourself.

Lets say these videos brought lawls, and gain some attention in the community, but blizzard saw the videos and what do you think their opinion would be.

Would this boarder line harassment? Could you get ban? What fine line would you make sure not to cross?
    Yes, and I hope you get punished for it if you're doing it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 07:39 AM ----------

What about the player doing these negative things, is he entitled to play the game as he wants for his enjoyment?

Entitled? Hahaha! No. You're not entitled to be a douchebag to other people. It's not about having a playstyle when someone's simply out to be an asshole to other people.

If you can't play with a team, you shouldn't put yourself in teamplay situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Yes, and I hope you get punished for it if you're doing it.
    lol no spirit of discussion mate, keep the accusations away please.

It's interesting to think outside the box, into the minds of people who just want to watch the world burn, dark knight style.

If they find out who you are I expect you could be banned for this

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol no spirit of discussion mate, keep the accusations away please.

It's interesting to think outside the box, into the minds of people who just want to watch the world burn, dark knight style.
    How is it "outside the box" to troll people and act like a twat? I'm not saying you are, but you seem to have taken offense to it so I can only assume. It's not an accusation, I'm saying that IF you are doing it. But since your first post is so typical of a "Well I have this friend that does X"-attempt at trying to hide your own guilt so as not to admit to anything yourself. There's nothing fun about it. There's nothing cool, edgy or alternative about it. The things you describe is just douchebag behavior from people that are immature and without respect. To compare it to being a criminal in a movie just shows the immaturity of it.

And I'm not your "mate".

If you have found people who do this to you and/or your friends, using it against the people who did it might be effective.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-02-10 at 06:54 AM.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 07:39 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Entitled? Hahaha! No. You're not entitled to be a douchebag to other people. It's not about having a playstyle when someone's simply out to be an asshole to other people.

If you can't play with a team, you shouldn't put yourself in teamplay situations.[/QUOTE]

(Playing the role of the devil's advocate for sake of discussion) Think of it this way, what if he enjoyed griefing and trolling much more than the actual way the game was intended to be played. They pay their subscription fees like everyone else, are they entitled to having the full extent of the enjoyment they can find within the game? And lets say this player had a large audience/ fan base within and outside the community of wow.

The troll is allowed to play the game how they want within Blizzards rules but, what they are doing is breaking the rules so expect consequences. What the person in that youtube video was doing is grieving and excessive trolling each group. That will get you a suspension probably for at least 3hrs if not more depending on how much you do and/or get reported for. I would assume that if you continuously do it even after multiple suspensions that they'll make the ban/suspension quite a bit more longer.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Characters: Mage, Priest, Devoker, Pally
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Trolling/purposefully wiping groups is actionable. All it would take would be someone you were grouped with to get the footage reporting you for them to act. If it got enough attention I don't see why they wouldn't investigate it simply from the clips etc if enough complaints were made *and* there was some way to identify you. That said it's up to them what they do, we can't really predict something like that.

Are you 12? The whole thing sounds incredibly juvenile, the justification even more so.

The whole premise is bad. It might seem funny to you, but I seriously doubt that many people are going to find it as hilarious as you seem to think it is. You're wasting your time and risking your account doing it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    How is it "outside the box" to troll people and act like a twat? I'm not saying you are, but you seem to have taken offense to it so I can only assume. There's nothing fun about it. There's nothing cool, edgy or alternative about it. The things you describe is just douchebag behavior from people that are immature and without respect. To compare it to being a criminal in a movie just shows the immaturity of it.

And I'm not your "mate".
    only slightly offended by the insinuation or slight presumption i'd be doing this.
    I'm speaking for the purpose of discussion and obviously playing the role of the devils advocate. As most if not all players will speak out against it for obvious reasons.
    Although I may seem like i'm defending it, I sorta am, in the way of a debate, but i do not support and endorse it.

Why would you even want to do that? How unfulfilling must one's life be to derive enjoyment in purposely griefing people in a video game and posting videos of it online?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Trolling/purposefully wiping groups is actionable. All it would take would be someone you were grouped with to get the footage reporting you for them to act. If it got enough attention I don't see why they wouldn't investigate it simply from the clips etc if enough complaints were made *and* there was some way to identify you. That said it's up to them what they do, we can't really predict something like that.

Are you 12? The whole thing sounds incredibly juvenile, the justification even more so.

The whole premise is bad. It might seem funny to you, but I seriously doubt that many people are going to find it as hilarious as you seem to think it is. You're wasting your time and risking your account doing it imo.
    Read my replies please. I'm not doing this. But clearly there are players that are as the first reply linked one.

I'm slightly insulted you'd think i'd do something this childish. lol. I don't have the time to make videos, let alone troll videos.

Please don't jump to conclusions about me and make accusations, perhaps it is you who is childish and "12"
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-02-10 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Just like in real life, yes you have the right to do what you want to as long as it does not impact other people's enjoyment of the game. You want to get black out drunk and act like a giant asshole within the confines of your own home? Be my guest, but if you get black out drunk and act like a giant asshole in a restaurant and ruin the other customer's evening, then you should get at the very least kicked out if not arrested.

Deleted
    What sort of pathetic person would do that anyway?

If you know of such a person, suggest they get laid and go outside once in a while to get some fresh air and reacquaint themselves with sunshine.

They must lead a pretty dull life if that's what they find entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Just like in real life, yes you have the right to do what you want to as long as it does not impact other people's enjoyment of the game. You want to get black out drunk and act like a giant asshole within the confines of your own home? Be my guest, but if you get black out drunk and act like a giant asshole in a restaurant and ruin the other customer's evening, then you should get at the very least kicked out if not arrested.
    This is the kind of discussion/ reply I was looking for, well thought out, and put.

Much better than "douche bags" or "only assholes do that".

10 points to you.

It's interesting to see the community on here to jump to hostility or accusation instead of discussion, perhaps its how I wrote the OP. Or as I like to call thesis. It was intended to provoke opinion and thought and emotion. It seems I've gotten a bit of that, but some people seem to let emotion blind them. You've looked beyond the foggy window.