Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Early BIS set for tier 15 (normal mode)

hey guys, i got bored so i figured i'd try to make an early BIS list of the tier 15 normal gear (and most likely heroic without Ra-den). without reforge and including the crit trinket buff (should be up with 3 stacks 100% of the time we are on the boss). Sorry, i cannot post links

Helm: Helmet of the Last Mogu
    Neck: Talisman of Angry Spirits
    Shoulders: Pauldrons of the last Mogu
    Back: Hydra-Scale Bloodcloak
    Chest: Talonrender Chestplate
    Wrists: Bonecrusher Bracers
    Gloves: Guantlets of the Last Mogu
    Waist: Swordhook Slingbelt
    Legs: Legplates of the Last Mogu
    Feet: Columnbreaker Stompers
    Rings: Spinescale Seal + Band of the Shado-Pan Assualt
    Trinkets: Primordius' Talisman of Rage + Gaze of the Twins
    Weps (smf): 2x Shellsplitter Greataxe

With this setup ( no reforges or gems, will be reforging out of almost all hit and haste) you get

Hit= 4,224
    Exp= 2,353
    Crit= 13,157
    Mastery= 3,694
    Haste= 1,498

I disagree with your weapon choice.

I think TG with 2 x Uroe, Harbinger of Terror will be better for fury, just too much crit to be ignored, together with added mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man if you could link those items I'd love it. Too tired to do it myself ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    I disagree with your weapon choice.

I think TG with 2 x Uroe, Harbinger of Terror will be better for fury, just too much crit to be ignored, together with added mastery.
    thats not the case this tier seeing as smf still overcomes the crit on the 2h axes even with no crit on our 1hs so i imagine smf will still overtake tg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Man if you could link those items I'd love it. Too tired to do it myself ATM.
    1h axe - http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94768

2h axe - http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94982

dammit
    Last edited by Hakto; 2013-02-10 at 07:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Smf is going to be a lot better anyway since you get those axes muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, much sooner.

I would use this setup instead:

Helm:Crown of the Golden Golem

Here is the Tier helm for comparison. The non-tier helm provides a 453 crit gain, assuming you reforged haste away on your tier helm. If you reforged hit away instead, then the non-tier helm provides a 404 crit gain.

Chest: Battleplate of the Last Mogu

Here is the offpiece chest for comparison. The tier chest provides 956 crit (haste reforged) and 1037 crit if exp was reforged off instead. So the non-tier chest would provide a 406 crit gain if you chose to reforge haste away, and only a 325 crit gain if you chose to reforge expertise away.

So you get max theoretical crit by going 4pc + helm

Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Last Mogu

Legs: Legplates of the Last Mogu

Gloves: Gauntlets of the Last Mogu

Cloak: Hydra-Scale Bloodcloak

Belt: Abandoned Zandalari Goreplate

Boots: Tidal Force Treads

Bracers: Bonecrusher Bracers at first.

We will most likely use a randomly enchanted pair of bracers that have crit/mastery or crit/hit or exp due to the socket allowing an extra crit gem.

Neck: Amulet of the Primal Turtle

Ring1: Spinescale Seal

Ring2: This comes down to personal stat weights, at first glance you would assume Band of the Shado-Pan Assault to be the better option.

However, Band of the Scaled Tyrant actually ends up having more crit than the valor ring due to the socket and reforging. Band of the Scaled Tyrant is a 79 crit gain, while Band of the Shado-Pan Assault has 80 more strength. If 79 crit > 80 str for you, then Band of the Scaled Tyrant is the winner.

You should also keep in mind that Band of the Shado-Pan Assault costs valor points, so I would rather have Band of the Scaled Tyrant and spend my VP on something else. Although it would also be logical to replace this terrible Heart of Fear ring that is currently BiS with the 5.2 valor ring before starting 5.2 raids.

Trinkets: Finally some crit trinkets! Gaze of the Twins and Primordius' Talisman of Rage look awesome!

However, Spark of Zandalar might be a competitor if it has great uptime like the heroic will trinket currently does, but it still will most likely not be better than the crit trinkets. I would advise trying to come to an understanding with the rets and dks in your raid group when it comes to trinkets in 5.2. Try to get them to pass on crit trinkets for you, as there are others that are better or just as good for them.

SMF weapons: Shellsplitter Greataxe looks great, especially for the Orc master race! Get two of these.

TG/Arms weapons: Aim for Uroe, Harbinger of Terror. If it just doesn't wanna drop and the ret and frost dk already have Greatsword of Frozen Hells then grab that as a placeholder.

This sword, while having hit instead of haste, has too low crit for my taste.

Cool Arms polearm for lulz, too bad the stats suck :/
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2013-02-10 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Wowhead do lists of gear based on the stat weigth you choose. After that, you only have to choose one off-set piece (helm, chest and pants normally, since they have highest weight than gloves or pauldrons). It's somewhat faster than doing them like this.

Surprisingly the offset legs have a decent critgain too with the double yellow+red socket.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-02-10 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Smf is going to be a lot better anyway since you get those axes muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, much sooner.
    This is erroneous thinking in a 'BIS' setup.

To me it looks like it will be the first tier for TG fury to reach the "BT crit hardcap". Quickly looking with my bad math, those crit trinkets alone in combat will grant you around +15% extra crit easily compared to the current tier. So adding up higher Item level giving us more crit rating, getting all item pieces with most crit rating and gemming crit everywhere and getting double of those 2h axes should leave us being close to 50% in combat, making BT basically crit 100% on 90 lvl target.

That in turn could make the 2 set and 4 set bonuses "less desireable", meaning not bad at all, but not that much needed either. 2pc set would still give you additional raging blows, so nobody would skip that, if you get the crit tier pieces. I mean you could already get that 50% in combat with the 522 normal gear if i'm not too far off.

I'm not rocking on heroic gear atm and my buffed crit with 499 ilvl is already ~31.15%, So even with those trinkets alone I wouldn't be that far off. If you can add those prismatic sockets to the new weapons meaning more additional crit with 2 sockets for each weapon, that will also help a lot to reach that goal!
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-02-13 at 01:57 PM.

I'm so tired of stacking crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    To me it looks like it will be the first tier for TG fury to reach the "BT crit hardcap". Quickly looking with my bad math, those crit trinkets alone in combat will grant you around +15% extra crit easily compared to the current tier. So adding up higher Item level giving us more crit rating, getting all item pieces with most crit rating and gemming crit everywhere and getting double of those 2h axes should leave us being close to 50% in combat, making BT basically crit 100% on 90 lvl target.

That in turn could make the 2 set and 4 set bonuses "less desireable", meaning not bad at all, but not that much needed either. 2pc set would still give you additional raging blows, so nobody would skip that, if you get the crit tier pieces. I mean you could already get that 50% in combat with the 522 normal gear if i'm not too far off.

I'm not rocking on heroic gear atm and my buffed crit with 499 ilvl is already ~31.15%, So even with those trinkets alone I wouldn't be that far off. If you can add those prismatic sockets to the new weapons meaning more additional crit with 2 sockets for each weapon, that will also help a lot to reach that goal!

*Technically* you'll never be able to reach crit cap on a target, because of crit supression. Heck even now you run into that with BT during reck. (36%+36%+50% is over 100%, but crit suppression of what, ~5% means it's effectively ~95% crit chance.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    Chest: Battleplate of the Last Mogu

Here is the offpiece chest for comparison. The tier chest provides 956 crit (haste reforged) and 1037 crit if exp was reforged off instead. So the non-tier chest would provide a 406 crit gain if you chose to reforge haste away, and only a 325 crit gain if you chose to reforge expertise away.

So you get max theoretical crit by going 4pc + helm
    are you calculating the loss of a socket in that?

I've done my own BiS list, and I definitely feel that if you are going for 4 set, the Helm should be the off piece, for two major reasons. 1) It has a lot the most crit in comparison (arguably the chest if you include the gem) but the 2nd part is the haste on the tier helm with haste being the weakest link.(This can also be argued depending on what the final value of haste bonus we gain as warriors, since ptr notes still say 100% but from current testing, it's only 50% bonus).
    I also argue the Abandoned Zandalari Goreplate will be BiS due to the higher crit on it, and still maintaining a gem socket.
    Same with Amulet of the Primal Turtle due to having a socket.
    In fact, most of my list looks similar to Gromnak who posted above. Only big difference I have is classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Snip
    Do remember the way those trinkets work though - While its admireable to think they will yield that much, i highly doubt it - Considering todays blues, i dont think youll be seeing alot more than 1 stack most of the time, with it going 3/5 stacks rarely. Think of it as old TfB - Its one of those rarities that we just need to monitor and take advantage of when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Do remember the way those trinkets work though - While its admireable to think they will yield that much, i highly doubt it - Considering todays blues, i dont think youll be seeing alot more than 1 stack most of the time, with it going 3/5 stacks rarely. Think of it as old TfB - Its one of those rarities that we just need to monitor and take advantage of when it happens.
    Yes, indeed! It really depends on what's the proc % from the crits itself. 1PPM no ICD does feel a bit low, but I guess we will see how good/bad it will be overall.

However, if the spec wouldn't be fury... Would the trinket be any good, compared to onces what proc alot of extra strength, probably by each ~minute? You do have to keep that in mind too. I highly doubt they will make the trinket equally bad for all strength users, because one spec on one class has the higher benefit of the proc, and that being the BT's fault getting double the crit chance and how the spec rolls around it getting a crit. With the new metagem the stuff will just get more confusing.

To me it just looks that Blizzard has overtuned ALL trinkets to make sure they will have a really high effect, just like weapons... One can wish at least. Dunno how it will affect PvP balance though if they don't scale them down at all?
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-02-14 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    *Technically* you'll never be able to reach crit cap on a target, because of crit supression. Heck even now you run into that with BT during reck. (36%+36%+50% is over 100%, but crit suppression of what, ~5% means it's effectively ~95% crit chance.)
    You can go over 100% before crit supression, so you actually achieve 100% crit on bosses.
    Basically it just means that you need 52,4% crit to get 100% crit chance with Bloodthirst. Without cooldowns that would be roughly 25000 crit rating which should be hardly achievable even in the final tier. With trinket procs its achievable but thats probably not enough to diminish the value of crit by much.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    You can go over 100% before crit supression, so you actually achieve 100% crit on bosses.
    Basically it just means that you need 52,4% crit to get 100% crit chance with Bloodthirst. Without cooldowns that would be roughly 25000 crit rating which should be hardly achievable even in the final tier. With trinket procs its achievable but thats probably not enough to diminish the value of crit by much.
    Don't know about that. Went from 12k crit to 19k crit (just using 535 available items), so 1 more tier and we'd be at 25k crit rating (assuming gear continues to have crit on it). TG specifically is looking at over 40% crit chance (5% from warrior, 5% from buff, rest from gear) this tier. And this isn't including the stacking crit trinket Gaze of the Twins. Someone in full 541 Thunderforged gear could potentially see 50% crit with trinket procs this tier alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    (5% from warrior, 5% from buff, rest from gear).
    I wish. Warrior hasn't given 5% crit since what seems forever now (it never stacked anyway).