Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    so the chest is going to be the item outside the tier set or is it the helm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    I wish. Warrior hasn't given 5% crit since what seems forever now (it never stacked anyway).
    I'm talking about the base ~5% we have (pretty sure from our base agility, but not 100% positive).

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    so the chest is going to be the item outside the tier set or is it the helm ?
    Pretty sure it's safe to go with the chest, mostly because when/if you get to Ra-Den, he has a true BiS chest.

You can't really gear with Ra-den loot in mind, you need to gear to be able to get to him and kill him first. So IMO that means *non-tier* helm would be used until u get the 541 chest probably.
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2013-02-17 at 02:06 AM.

Gearing with the last encounter in mind, defeats the porpuse of a BIS list. Like, a bis list is a bis list - While people are more than able to figure out that BIS pieces from some of the last bosses wont be available to them til its useless this tier, a bislist is just as much about the comming tier after this one - If you want a - Progression gearlist - I would encourage you to make one

Well, this thread do have the words (normal mode) in em, and most people wont have any issues getting through normals in a week or so with current hc/normal gear, so I believe we should just make the bis list for normals and then possibly a progression gearlist for hcs or whatever (if that's what people want). Because a hc bis list (which is not even what's being asked for here) is gonna be out of reach for alot of people in this thread in the first month of 5.2, I'd believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    You can't really gear with Ra-den loot in mind, you need to gear to be able to get to him and kill him first. So IMO that means helm would be used probably.
    1st, "can't really gear with Ra-den loot in mind" means that it isn't a BiS list. Even though it says normal, BiS is still in discussion.
    2nd, comparing offpiece vs tier, the difference in helms is -1118 crit, +1110 hit, and +54 haste. The difference in chests is -80 strength, +1 red socket, -1157 crit, +1138 expertise, -1059 mastery, +909 haste. If haste is anywhere near mastery's value with the 50% bonus haste we are currently getting on the PTR, then it's pretty much chest is slightly more valuable because of the chest which allows 320 crit or 80str/160 crit. I personally value the helm as more since A LOT of the gear has hit on it, and hit is completely useless on arms past 7.5%. For Fury, it really depends on where the haste stat weight ends up, which requires us to look at how much dps we would gain from trinkets/meta gem with haste, which would also require us to get actual testing of trinkets/meta.

Seriously people, understand what a BiS set means. It means Best In Slot. It means choosing what gear you would want to fill that spot for the best choice and compromise of stats. That's it.

If you want a gearing guide, go look somewhere else or do your own research.

I always find normal mode BIS lists amusing. You're going to take any big gear upgrade you get until you hit heroics.