Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Edit: Good I'm not crazy, there are images above. We feels better now.
    You definitely aren't crazy. The old lighting (IMO) looks a lot better than the one we have right now, just look at those comparison pictures. It's terrible.

Yeah I remember that, I do remember that playing "in the dark" was a great experience.

It's honestly a shame they removed that, I seriously doubt that people would quit playing because it's night ingame? sounds highly unlikely.

A dark sky with light all over the place is just weird, they might aswell remove the night altogether then.

Deleted
    I think this could be possible, however it will probably be an option in the video settings.

They really do need to bring it back. Some of my earliest and fondest memories in WoW were my days in classic STV at night fighting trolls with that great music track in the background. It just had such an immersive feeling. It's a big part of the warcraft universe too. I mean I know were getting farther and farther from the days of WC3 but it was such a huge part of the gameplay and the whole night elf lore and feeling.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-02-10 at 08:39 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Spread the word people! We can get it back.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO the current night just looks stale... and flat...

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yeah I remember that, I do remember that playing "in the dark" was a great experience.

It's honestly a shame they removed that, I seriously doubt that people would quit playing because it's night ingame? sounds highly unlikely.

A dark sky with light all over the place is just weird, they might aswell remove the night altogether then.
    Not really a matter to quit over or anything, true. As someone who got to experience the zones with a true night cycle I can tell you it REALLY adds to the feeling of the world. There would be times I would be playing and during my play session it would slowly switch over and it was just great immersion. Blizzard is really doing there zones a disservice but not re-implementing it.

What I mean is they reimplemented questing so it was more engaging and immersive for the entire 1-60 experience. Yet they leave out one of the fundamental elements for better immersion into the environment. If your not immersed in the environment, your not going to be immersed into the questing. It's like doing two steps forward and one step back.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    wow, the new night looks horribly boring

One of the Blizzard Employees posted on Twitter about how they're going to "look into" bringing the night back to WoW. I'll try to find it.

So maybe it wasn't a tweet:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...551?page=7#123

Not that this confirms that they're ACTUALLY going to implement something new though.
    Last edited by Schmidz; 2013-02-10 at 09:18 AM.
    No power in the verse can stop me.

Wow, I have just realized what has been bugging me to much in MOP.

NIGHT PLEASE COME BACK.

I remember there being a nighttime cycle because when I used to play more it was at night and in the barrens it was very cool. You'd hear the animals and it would be dark out.

I wonder if they removed it because it subconsciously makes people realize the time and go to bed /tinfoil sombrero

Yes we used to have a night and day times.
    i remember that i saw a post about it , long time ago, about how most players only play at night (after they get back from work, or school + homework) and so on... so basiclly the vast majority of players only see night, always lol

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    It was definitely in TBC and I think maybe even Wrath.
    Yes I remember this too, I'm not sure about wrath but TBC had proper nights in old continents.

Deleted
    I bet they toggled it off in the config, now they'll have a big song and dance about it, and in the next expansion they will toggle it back on and use it as a major selling point: "Dynamically changing lighting that matches the day-night cycle to provide greater atmosphere!"

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Very cool comparisons; you can notice them especially in a place like Goldshire where the buildings were illuminated. Definitely an option I think they should let you toggle on/off if possible.

If there was night I think it would be weird if all of Azeroth and Outland had night at the same time. I think either way it'll end up being weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would only like it if they had a toggle for it since when I can play it's from 7pm server onwards and I do not want to be playing at night the entire time.

I'd definitely approve an Age of Conan style day/night cycle, where you'd have about two-three hours of each, with dawn and evening as transition phases. And, of course, that night would actually be dark. Back in the day, walking through Gothic 3's lush forests with during nighttime with a torch being the only source of light was so atmospheric. If some players don't appreciate the darkness, Blizz could add a buff of Nightsight, or some such, that illuminates the world to what it is now.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like there to be night again! Back in early 2007 the night time was really atmospheric

Obviously we don't want it DayZ night-time dark, because you really couldn't do anything; But not far from it with lights here and there. I think that would be fantastic

Overall though, I'd actually like it DARKER than before - Sure it was cool before, and any improvement from now would be welcomed - But I want it to feel realistically dark! I don't care if i can't see, make me carry a torch in the dark! How awesome would that be?!
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2013-02-10 at 11:14 AM.