Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You can also ress at the spirit: Problem solved!
    Yeah, really. Also it's not like you kill yourself in random unreachable areas all the time(if you do, well...), so I don't see a problem in the first place...

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit happens. Death should be punished. Even death like this.

and even if it is not related, i remember someone invited me into camping enemy-rare-monkey-campers, so they die near it and can't resurrect normally, so they bring in their friends and we have some kind of world pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Or let us fly where people can fly on fly mounts, like everywhere, except for draenei and blood elf starting zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Newsflash, they removed flying from 85 to 89
    There's also quite a big difference between not flying at all and not flying while you are dead.

Walking to your corpse isn't an inconvenience, it's a punishment because dying is bad.
    They've already made a blue-post about it where they stated that those 1 in 1000 deaths that can't be reached on foot is worth it.

MMORPG's tend to feel lame and hollow when there is no risk involved.
    You just have to consider yourself lucky for not losing experience or gear when you die.
    I have to agree with this. If there is no annoyance and risk to it, then you don't really have a reason to go that extra mile to avoid death in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    If you aren't ranting at Blizzard, don't address your post to Blizzard...."Let us fly while dead Blizzard."
    The fact you guys believe blizzard doesn't view fan sites is the best part of this thread
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    This obviously isn't Blizzard. You'll do better to post where it is Blizzard.
    Oh really? What a surprise!

I also would like to fly while dead.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This is an outrage! Blizzard are aweful people for not letting us fly everywhere. Infact I think that when we spirit ress, we should be granted extra gold and and experience boost!
    You're okay with being stuck on a branch while dead because you can't fly to your body?

Quote Originally Posted by ThumbedBunny View Post
    I agree completely. Death sucks on its own. No need to make it ten times less bearable.
    Except in that case you zone into MOP naked...die right off the bat...then fly over to the zone with the city in at and rez at the GY in that zone.

Just one reason some zones in some areas allow flying in a restricted enviroment

Well your better off this way. Imagine if you could fly and you found a place to res. Chances are that when you rez your character would shift and you would fall to your death again.

Way to solve problem: Don't die!
    In this case it happened by accident because of your cat. Way to solve problem: Stop having your cat walk on your keyboard!
    If everything fails: Ress at Spirit Healer!

Does it really hurt people so badly to take a spirit ress once in a blue moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well your better off this way. Imagine if you could fly and you found a place to res. Chances are that when you rez your character would shift and you would fall to your death again.
    I would rather have a chance to be alive than to just not have one. You're not proposing an alternative, you just don't want the Quality of life change.

So wait.. Dying is a bad thing? Damnit!
    People seem to ignore my posts regarding these matters.

It's about set precedents.

Blizzard set a precedent in the past two expansions for much faster corpse runs. Going back on that really feels crappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

May I be the first to quickly derail this thread to point out that, only in the gaming world, will you find somebody asking the community to be able to fly while dead. :P

...We now return you to your regularly scheduled postings...

So 0.1% of the time you die in an inaccessible place so we have to make dead fly for the remaining 99.9% of the time as well?

Why not just say I'm fucking lazy as I joined in <insert casual expansion name> and I don't wanna corpse run, I just want easy rez?

Just spirit ress? Its what its there for. Wanna know what im not okay with? The pisspoor direction this game and its playerbase have herded themselves into, every little inconvenience is cause for nerfs or buffs or change. Why dont Blizzard just play the game for us. Least then we wouldnt complain about it being too hard -_-

Btw the average player probably doesnt even know what a spirit angel does, I mean how many times do you actually have to spirit ress. Nowadays? None.
    Don't derail this thread into complaints about the playerbase please, also don't talk about majorities or averages when you're not sure they exist. How is being able to reach your body Blizzard playing the game for us? What is so wrong about not wanting to wait ten minutes because you died? How is that even fun for you? Why shouldn't you be able to run back to your body when that's exactly what Blizzard wants you to do? You shouldn't have to spirit rez. The spirit rez is there to be a punishment for laziness, not a required route to your corpse. Stop supporting broken systems.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Except in that case you zone into MOP naked...die right off the bat...then fly over to the zone with the city in at and rez at the GY in that zone.

Just one reason some zones in some areas allow flying in a restricted enviroment
    Except, and I'm pretty sure this has always been the case, whenever you try to resurrect at a different graveyard than the one your ghost appeared at, you're instantly teleported back to the original graveyard.

Edit: Tested, still the case.

Just spirit ress? Its what its there for. Wanna know what im not okay with? The pisspoor direction this game and its playerbase have herded themselves into, every little inconvenience is cause for nerfs or buffs or change. Why dont Blizzard just play the game for us. Least then we wouldnt complain about it being too hard -_-

Btw the average player probably doesnt even know what a spirit angel does, I mean how many times do you actually have to spirit ress. Nowadays? None.
    From starting to play in Vanilla to now I think I've spirit rez'd <10 times total. Maybe once in MOP but having all 3 sets of gear on me sucks but dailies cover the cost so it's a joke. I use the rez sickness to go make a sandwich lol

Im not derailing, this is just another spark on the flame of complaints that im sick of seeing, go spirit ress, end of story. You dont have to wait 10 minutes either, if your halfway competant with your class you can kill things, or you can just go gather for 10minutes, play pokemon, theres tons of other things you can do for a measly 10 minutes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 05:02 PM ----------

I probably spirit ressed about a thousand times before WotLK.
    If I wanted to play pokemon, I would probably just go play Pokemon? And why are you so against being able to reach your body?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Except, and I'm pretty sure this has always been the case, whenever you try to resurrect at a different graveyard than the one your ghost appeared at, you're instantly teleported back to the original graveyard.

Edit: Tested, still the case.
    Except, there are tricks to everything in game...at least back in 2010

However, if you log out and log back in, your character loses its association with that graveyard's Spirit Healer, so you will be able to return to life at the graveyard of the Spirit Healer you speak to. Thus, it is possible for a character to die in one zone, reach a spirit healer far away, relog, and resurrect safely at the nearby spirit healer.

Even earlier in the game 2008 time I know you could go to any GY and rez there as I did it from crossroads to Camp T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    If I wanted to play pokemon, I would probably just go play Pokemon? And why are you so against being able to reach your body?
    Well, if you stuck on a tree branch and can't reach your body, you fucked up a little and need to use a spirit healer resurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.