Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Just spirit ress? Its what its there for. Wanna know what im not okay with? The pisspoor direction this game and its playerbase have herded themselves into, every little inconvenience is cause for nerfs or buffs or change. Why dont Blizzard just play the game for us. Least then we wouldnt complain about it being too hard -_-

    Btw the average player probably doesnt even know what a spirit angel does, I mean how many times do you actually have to spirit ress. Nowadays? None.
    Don't derail this thread into complaints about the playerbase please, also don't talk about majorities or averages when you're not sure they exist. How is being able to reach your body Blizzard playing the game for us? What is so wrong about not wanting to wait ten minutes because you died? How is that even fun for you? Why shouldn't you be able to run back to your body when that's exactly what Blizzard wants you to do? You shouldn't have to spirit rez. The spirit rez is there to be a punishment for laziness, not a required route to your corpse. Stop supporting broken systems.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Except in that case you zone into MOP naked...die right off the bat...then fly over to the zone with the city in at and rez at the GY in that zone.

    Just one reason some zones in some areas allow flying in a restricted enviroment
    Except, and I'm pretty sure this has always been the case, whenever you try to resurrect at a different graveyard than the one your ghost appeared at, you're instantly teleported back to the original graveyard.

    Edit: Tested, still the case.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Just spirit ress? Its what its there for. Wanna know what im not okay with? The pisspoor direction this game and its playerbase have herded themselves into, every little inconvenience is cause for nerfs or buffs or change. Why dont Blizzard just play the game for us. Least then we wouldnt complain about it being too hard -_-

    Btw the average player probably doesnt even know what a spirit angel does, I mean how many times do you actually have to spirit ress. Nowadays? None.
    From starting to play in Vanilla to now I think I've spirit rez'd <10 times total. Maybe once in MOP but having all 3 sets of gear on me sucks but dailies cover the cost so it's a joke. I use the rez sickness to go make a sandwich lol
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  4. #44
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,269
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Don't derail this thread into complaints about the playerbase please, also don't talk about majorities or averages when you're not sure they exist. How is being able to reach your body Blizzard playing the game for us? What is so wrong about not wanting to wait ten minutes because you died? How is that even fun for you? Why shouldn't you be able to run back to your body when that's exactly what Blizzard wants you to do? You shouldn't have to spirit rez. The spirit rez is there to be a punishment for laziness, not a required route to your corpse. Stop supporting broken systems.
    Im not derailing, this is just another spark on the flame of complaints that im sick of seeing, go spirit ress, end of story. You dont have to wait 10 minutes either, if your halfway competant with your class you can kill things, or you can just go gather for 10minutes, play pokemon, theres tons of other things you can do for a measly 10 minutes.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 05:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    From starting to play in Vanilla to now I think I've spirit rez'd <10 times total. Maybe once in MOP but having all 3 sets of gear on me sucks but dailies cover the cost so it's a joke. I use the rez sickness to go make a sandwich lol
    I probably spirit ressed about a thousand times before WotLK.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im not derailing, this is just another spark on the flame of complaints that im sick of seeing, go spirit ress, end of story. You dont have to wait 10 minutes either, if your halfway competant with your class you can kill things, or you can just go gather for 10minutes, play pokemon, theres tons of other things you can do for a measly 10 minutes.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 05:02 PM ----------



    I probably spirit ressed about a thousand times before WotLK.
    If I wanted to play pokemon, I would probably just go play Pokemon? And why are you so against being able to reach your body?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Except, and I'm pretty sure this has always been the case, whenever you try to resurrect at a different graveyard than the one your ghost appeared at, you're instantly teleported back to the original graveyard.

    Edit: Tested, still the case.
    Except, there are tricks to everything in game...at least back in 2010

    However, if you log out and log back in, your character loses its association with that graveyard's Spirit Healer, so you will be able to return to life at the graveyard of the Spirit Healer you speak to. Thus, it is possible for a character to die in one zone, reach a spirit healer far away, relog, and resurrect safely at the nearby spirit healer.

    Even earlier in the game 2008 time I know you could go to any GY and rez there as I did it from crossroads to Camp T
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    If I wanted to play pokemon, I would probably just go play Pokemon? And why are you so against being able to reach your body?
    Well, if you stuck on a tree branch and can't reach your body, you fucked up a little and need to use a spirit healer resurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  8. #48
    LOL blizzard needs to add a stats line for rez by spirit healer...

    Resurrected by priests 14
    Rebirthed by druids 20
    Revived by druids 12
    Spirit returned to body by shamans 15
    Redeemed by paladins 10
    Raised by death knights 3
    Resuscitated by monks 2
    Resurrected by soulstones -
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  9. #49
    take rez sickness and buy a new cat.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, if you stuck on a tree branch and can't reach your body, you fucked up a little and need to use a spirit healer resurrection.
    I shouldn't need a spirit healer resurrection. That defeats the point of giving us the option to walk back to our body.

  11. #51
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    People seem to ignore my posts regarding these matters.
    It's about set precedents.
    Blizzard set a precedent in the past two expansions for much faster corpse runs. Going back on that really feels crappy.
    History set a precedent in the last million year that dying is bad

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I shouldn't need a spirit healer resurrection. That defeats the point of giving us the option to walk back to our body.
    flying to corpses defeats the point of dying, they could just make you bubbleblock at 1 health, drop all aggro, and regenerate health over 10 seconds.
    And the point of spirit resurrection is if you spend more than 10 minutes to walk to your corpse, you shall accept deal with spirit healer.

    When something like this occurs to me, i look at it like on challenge, i try to get to that place by foot and jump exactly on the same spot. Sometimes it takes hours, but i find it funny
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-02-10 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  13. #53
    Yes, please allow flying to your corpse. Considering most of my deaths come from random dismounts for no reason at all.

  14. #54
    A great idea would be to let us fly with normal running speed, would help those that land in these situations and not make dying a "no problem 1 second and I'm alive again" thing.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    Yes, please allow flying to your corpse. Considering most of my deaths come from random dismounts for no reason at all.
    Turn off auto-dismount then. problem solved.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Turn off auto-dismount then. problem solved.
    Blizzard fix the CRZ issue that is causing it and problem solved.

  17. #57
    Dreadlord Noah37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, Georgia
    Posts
    776
    I completely agree with you. But I also don't understand why they nerfed, the quick and the dead. But it is stupid to not be able to fly, just because of the number of times I have not been able to reach my body. However, my favorite is still dying off the coast of Northrend, from flying too far, and being rezzed in the Barrens.

  18. #58
    At least you can teleport to the graveyard. Back in the day, you had to run around looking for your corpse. If you got lost, you were shit out of luck.

    In TBC, when you died in an inconvenient place you had to hoof it. If once you got there, you learned your body was unreachable, you had to hoof it back to the GY. Dying in the Nether made your body unrecoverable. For years, corpses didn't fall to the ground. If you died in the air, you corpse stayed there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #59
    Fluffy Kitten Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,542
    I really wish they would add flying back when you die because there are just so many mountains and inaccessible areas where you can die. It has happened to me a couple of times now. I just tabbed out for a few seconds at the lore walkers place and tabbed in and I was dead, with no way to get to my corpse. I really can't think of any reason to not allow flying while dead. if they are worried about the speed of a ress for PvP or world bosses then they can just slow the speed of it.

  20. #60
    I love dying up by major nanners, and that one boss for the golden lotus daily (for what ever reason), and have choice to take the spirit res, because I cannot walk to my corpse no matter what I do. There is no way to reach the top of that part of the cliff without a flying mount.


    You choice is suppose to be between near instantly ressing at the cost of 10% durability (8% with guild bonus) or having to walk back to your corpse (which, depending on GY position can be upwards of 4 minutes, but is generally around a minute or two), and no durability loss.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-02-10 at 06:14 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •