Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    spirit gear, heals over dps

    Alright im starting to have to face a bit of a loot drama issue as a guild leader. through out all the time i have played this game it has always been to my understanding that if gear drops spirit it should go to the healers first, if it has hit DPS first. with cata they gave shamans druids and priests a talent that converts spirit into hit but still never had an issue, spirit went to the healers hit went to the dps, now all of a sudden with MOP Im getting some complaint/arguements bout this (mainly just one guy, an ele shammy) where they are wanting to roll on healy neck/rings/shield argueing that the spirit gives them hit, i still prefer the mentality that spirit off-set pieces should go to the healers first, am i wrong in this? how has your guilds dealt with this?

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,782
    Should be equal. Always been like that in the guilds I've been in anyways.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster DieFichte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Confederaziun svizra
    Posts
    1,293
    Yes you are wrong. Just give the players gear according to your loot system when they need it and it fits their specc. (Spirit = dps gear and heal gear)

  4. #4
    Which sucks because hit is not converted to spirit for healers.

  5. #5
    Generally spirit should go to healers first. Though really depends what are the alternative drops. There other question is: what are you currently struggling on your progress boss? If healing is not or barely enough then give it to healers, if you need more dps give it shadow priest, druid or shaman. Other alternative is to give it to healer with strong dps offspec.

  6. #6
    Or you can get fucked by Blizzard and only have 1 "caster dps" ring drop, 2 spirit rings drop, and loot shared between bosses. Warlock and Mage BiS ring has spirit on it. GG, Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  7. #7
    Brewmaster DieFichte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Confederaziun svizra
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Generally spirit should go to healers first.
    Pff...it should go to the player that deserves it. Never had a problem with our people there, because if the item is good for a boomkin why not give it to him?

  8. #8
    I believe there are no leather or mail caster gear in the current content with +hit on them. So if an ele shammy or boomkin wants to get hit cap they must roll with +spirit. Except necklace and rings of course

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Pff...it should go to the player that deserves it. Never had a problem with our people there, because if the item is good for a boomkin why not give it to him?
    Read my whole post please Generally me heart goes with spirit-healers, hit-dps, though as I've written above I'd give it to the person that would make a difference on progression.

  10. #10
    I support the opinion that you are wrong. For hybrid class ranged DPS spirit EQUALS hit. I am putting emphasis on equals as this is a DPS item and a healer item at the same time. The only exception I see are trinkets, where spirit procs are not worth much for DPS specs. I must note however that assigning loot according to your raid groups needs (next encounters you have to master need more dps/need more healing) is probably the way to go, however that requires a very tight knit or professional group of players.

  11. #11
    Piece of advice that can resolve almost any loot drama:

    Have everyone in your guild make a Best-in-Slot item list for their class/spec. Rather than arbitrarily trying to decide a piece of gear is for X class/role, go by the BiS lists - if an item is BiS for someone, they have equal priority on it to anyone else that it's BiS for. If it's not BiS, it's open to whoever can use it as a temporary upgrade, according to your loot system.

    Solves nearly all healer/DPS and tank/DPS disputes, as well as forcing people to know the loot table rather than just picking up an item because they can -- only to replace it 2 bosses later, when it may have been a better item for someone else.
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2013-02-10 at 08:38 AM.

  12. #12
    You are right but that's why I said about alternatives. If e.x. there are 2 spirit rings and only one non-spirt I'd make it equal for both healers and dps. Though the main factor in deciding whom to give an item in my case is who will give us bigger advantage if we give him loot.

  13. #13
    Going off the slots that you listed

    Int Rings without spirit: One, Unique equiped.
    Int Rings with spirit: Six

    Int Necks without spirit: Two, both 489
    Int Necks with spirit: Four, three 489s and a 496 (7 item level may not be a big deal overall)

    Shields without spirit: None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    Shields with spirit: One, the only one


    Spirit gear is no longer Healer only. As a healer, it irks me rolling against boomkin and shadow priests at times, but I get over it, as your healers should.


    Edit: There is zero mail int gear with hit one it. I don't know if gems/enchants/reforging and non-armor gear would have enough Hit to cap the shaman.
    Last edited by Nalnik; 2013-02-10 at 08:58 AM.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Etherius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    103
    Your elemental shaman, as far as I'm concerned, has reason to be frustrated. They don't really make shields OR mail gear with intellect AND have hit. If there's a resto AND an ele shaman in a raid and a mail chest piece with int + spirit drops, it's always "healer gear".. and that really shames us dps. Even though a geared healer is nice, not letting a dps get ANY int + spirit equipment really cuts them off harshly. Consider the fact LFR has dished out some of this gear to my elemental shaman - she qualifies. I think the same can & should be said for whoever is lead and/or has Master Loot in raids.

    Okay, so perhaps with specific armour types is one thing, NOW rings and amulets. That's a little bit more acceptable because there are more haste/mastery/crit/hit pieces. Perhaps not many, but at least they exist. I would say if you have healers you know who can benefit more from it than the dps who want it, give it to the healers. Basically a "loot council" sort of idea.

    I was wondering if others felt this way about spirit ever since cata has given the spirit-hit conversion. This is something I would discuss with the guild and maybe establish an agreement on loot distribution. OR to make matters simple, if they can use the stats, then they qualify as much as the next. Cheers!

  15. #15
    What's the big deal about the shield anyway? The fan OH from Feng is almost identical.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  16. #16
    As a boomkin, I can confirm for you that A LOT of our BiS are spirit items, they give us better stats, as it dose for priests ect. It is intended to be shared so long as it is beneficial to both. Currently sharing close to a full set with MW monks hehe

    Just gear your team equally, an upgrade that is BiS for both people should be given to who earned it via what ever loot system you are using.
    Last edited by Dandruid; 2013-02-10 at 09:05 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Etherius View Post
    Your elemental shaman, as far as I'm concerned, has reason to be frustrated. They don't really make shields OR mail gear with intellect AND have hit. If there's a resto AND an ele shaman in a raid and a mail chest piece with int + spirit drops, it's always "healer gear".. and that really shames us dps. Even though a geared healer is nice, not letting a dps get ANY int + spirit equipment really cuts them off harshly. Consider the fact LFR has dished out some of this gear to my elemental shaman - she qualifies. I think the same can & should be said for whoever is lead and/or has Master Loot in raids.

    Okay, so perhaps with specific armour types is one thing, NOW rings and amulets. That's a little bit more acceptable because there are more haste/mastery/crit/hit pieces. Perhaps not many, but at least they exist. I would say if you have healers you know who can benefit more from it than the dps who want it, give it to the healers. Basically a "loot council" sort of idea.

    I was wondering if others felt this way about spirit ever since cata has given the spirit-hit conversion. This is something I would discuss with the guild and maybe establish an agreement on loot distribution. OR to make matters simple, if they can use the stats, then they qualify as much as the next. Cheers!
    see yeah its not the armor that we are having any trouble bout, its the off set pieces like rings neck and shield, I'm not saying that they cant have it at all im just saying shouldn't you give it to the healer first tho? and there are also the casting pieces you can get from rep/VP. meh i guess its just outta old habits that i still have this mentality. when we first created the guild we talked bout this and had agreed on it but i guess its something we should take another look at.

  18. #18
    Spirit gear = healer has priority
    INT/haste/crit = DPS priority


    Heals have more use out of spirit gear then pure int/etc


    Taking spirit gear just because of you get hit from it over a healer is unreasonable

  19. #19
    If mages and warlocks had a legitimate option for a second ring that didnt have spirit on it that would be fucking awesome.

    Since mages and warlocks lost spirit equalling spell power through various talents, I generally see spirit gear being of lower priority for them if healers and boomkin/ele shamans need that gear still. Yes the secondary stats and the int/stam is good, but the items could be much bigger upgrades for someone else. (except for the case of the second ring this tier, mages and warlocks have no choice but to use a spirit ring)
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    see yeah its not the armor that we are having any trouble bout, its the off set pieces like rings neck and shield, I'm not saying that they cant have it at all im just saying shouldn't you give it to the healer first tho? and there are also the casting pieces you can get from rep/VP. meh i guess its just outta old habits that i still have this mentality. when we first created the guild we talked bout this and had agreed on it but i guess its something we should take another look at.

    the healers and spirit using dps share a lot of gear, only prio should be if the item is BiS or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •