Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Preliminary BiS T15 Elemental DISCUSSION

This is not the end all be all list, this is more aimed at starting a discussion about what everyone thinks of what the most optimal setup will be. I know it might be a bit early but it cant hurt, at least it gives us something to talk about while waiting for the numbers pass to be posted.

I think its obvious our off piece will be the leggings off Lei Shen, Im more interested in seeing which MH OH combo wins out and .. no caster shields for T15 or did I miss something ? Also trinkets look interesting finally, no more looking at one and saying "Thats BiS for sure" or "Thats utter crap for ele"

Weapons

Athame of the Sanguine Ritual
    Nadagast's Exsanguinator
    Ritual Dagger of the Mind's Eye
    Amun-Thoth, Sul's Spiritrending Talons
    Jerthud, Graceful Hand of the Savior
    Torall, Rod of the Shattered Throne
    Dinomancer's Spiritbinding Spire
    Giorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods
    Suen-Wo, Spire of the Falling Sun

Off Hands / Shields

Fetish of the Hydra
    Lei-Shen's Orb of Command
    Orb of Arcing Lightning
    Shield of Twinned Despair
    Tortos' Discarded Shell

Helm

Clear-Mind Helm
    Headpiece of the Witch Doctor

Necklace

Horridon's Tusk Fragment
    Megaera's Shining Eye
    Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Invoker
    Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Mender
    Passionfire Choker
    Soul Prism of Lei-Shen

Shoulders

Abandoned Spaulders of Renewal
    Shoulderwraps of the Witch Doctor
    Spaulders of Quaking Fear

Cloak

Constantly Accelerating Cloak
    Deadly Glare Cape
    Drape of Booming Nights
    Shimmershell Cape

Chest

Ro'shak's Molten Chain
    Hauberk of the Witch Doctor

Bracers

Loa-Ridden Bracers
    Vein-Cover Bracers

Gloves

Grasp of the Ruthless Mother
    Gloves of the Witch Doctor
    Fingers of the Night

Waist

Links of the Bifurcated Tongue
    Abandoned Zandalari Waterchain

Legs

Kilt of the Witch Doctor
    Leggings of the Violent Gale
    Legguards of Scintillating Scales

Feet

Ghostbinder Greatboots
    Spiritbound Boots

Rings

Durumu's Captive Eyeball
    Jin'rokh's Dreamshard
    Petrified Eye of the Basilisk
    Ro'shak's Remembrance

Trinkets

Breath of the Hydra
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance
    Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen
    Wushoolay's Final Choice
    Last edited by Devious009; 2013-02-10 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added shields

OMG spell fist makes me happy!
    do what you feel.

This shield will prob be BiS http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96436 along with Torall, Rod of the Shattered Throne. Will prob require some math to decide if those legs although very sexy will be better then for offset. Seeing as its 3 red sockets with an int bonus to boot Id prob bet money on it. With the trinkets I'm sure what would be paired with hydra the hit trinket seems pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    This shield will prob be BiS http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96436 along with Torall, Rod of the Shattered Throne. Will prob require some math to decide if those legs although very sexy will be better then for offset. Seeing as its 3 red sockets with an int bonus to boot Id prob bet money on it. With the trinkets I'm sure what would be paired with hydra the hit trinket seems pretty huge.
    hmm missed that I guess or maybe its still not listed in mmo's data base yet, I also like this shield better http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96538 a bit more int with the red socket and I have a strong feeling we'll want more mastery than haste, ofcourse not neglecting haste at all and Im thinking more after considering all other pieces we're wearing not just the shield on its own

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    OMG spell fist makes me happy!
    Same here. Then I think about the state we'll be in and I go all depressed again.

Anyway, 2H caster mace looks pretty interesting too. The large amount of crit on several pieces is surprising though. Sure it's not actually a bad stat for us, and Haste value diminishes as we accumulate more, but it's still a stat that doesn't float my boat considering how Lava Burst works (which is still our nr.1 damaging ability by a landslide).

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Same here. Then I think about the state we'll be in and I go all depressed again.

Anyway, 2H caster mace looks pretty interesting too. The large amount of crit on several pieces is surprising though. Sure it's not actually a bad stat for us, and Haste value diminishes as we accumulate more, but it's still a stat that doesn't float my boat considering how Lava Burst works (which is still our nr.1 damaging ability by a landslide).
    True, which is why I think Mastery will be the go to Stat in T15, theres a big emphasis on mastery if you take a look at some of the ele gear, having said that though I dont think haste will lose THAT much in terms of value to mastery. The new buffed PE talent should give Haste and Crit quiet a boost in value though should be interesting how close they get once we can run some profiles through Simcraft.

Deleted
    Dont like the trinkets.. crappy to what melees get. :/

Deleted
    This shield will prob be BiS http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96436 along with Torall, Rod of the Shattered Throne.
    I kind of disagree. I do think mastery is the way to go, especially considering that there are the legendary meta gem that gives you haste and elemental mastery with CD being lowered.

spell fist will be BiS for aesthetics. exxxcited
    Sig by Populaire

Not sure if Spell Fist will be BiS http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96611-jer...-of-the-savior has more Mastery and you usually have enough Spirit with BiS Gear.

Also Yellow Socket > Blue Socket.

But a Necklace with 2 Sockets? Sick.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-10 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not sure if Spell Fist will be BiS http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96611-jer...-of-the-savior has more Mastery and you usually have enough Spirit with BiS Gear.

Also Yellow Socket > Blue Socket.

But a Necklace with 2 Sockets? Sick.
    Yea was surprised but then healers will be like "OMG THATS LIKE TOTALLY A HEALERS NECKLACE LOOK 2 BLUE SOCKETS FOR MY SPIRIT GEMS" cant wait for the justifications >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Yea was surprised but then healers will be like "OMG THATS LIKE TOTALLY A HEALERS NECKLACE LOOK 2 BLUE SOCKETS FOR MY SPIRIT GEMS" cant wait for the justifications >.<
    Would only be in one scenario true - one where only blue sockets would fit in in blue socket slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    I kind of disagree. I do think mastery is the way to go, especially considering that there are the legendary meta gem that gives you haste and elemental mastery with CD being lowered.
    Assuming that elemental mastery is still weaker then echo of the elements, Which as far as i know after some discussion still is weaker. Also gearing around a meta gem we wont have access too until at least mid way through the tier doesn't sound fantastic either, let alone not really knowing anything about the proc besides what it does (ICD etc.) Mastery is still great and all but haste will most likely still be king this patch. I also believe our 4 set will work amazingly well with echo of the elements anyways. Either way when the math wizards get everything sorted out I have no qualms going mastery if it ends up on top

Assuming that elemental mastery is still weaker then echo of the elements, Which as far as i know after some discussion still is weaker. Also gearing around a meta gem we wont have access too until at least mid way through the tier doesn't sound fantastic either, let alone not really knowing anything about the proc besides what it does (ICD etc.) Mastery is still great and all but haste will most likely still be king this patch. I also believe our 4 set will work amazingly well with echo of the elements anyways. Either way when the math wizards get everything sorted out I have no qualms going mastery if it ends up on top
    Exactly my thoughts, I imagine with the reduced CD on EM it got closer in value to Echo but not quiet there, maybe picking PE over EB as a final tier talent does increase EM's value to be equal or greater of a DPS increase over Echo ? tbh I'd like to have multiple builds to be viable for next tier should give some interesting choices to make

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you forgot to include the shields:

Tortos' Discarded Shell

Dps > Healer.

Healers that aren't ooming won't help you to fight through Enrage.

Though it's an old mantra that Tank and Healer the most important roles in a raid, Hardcore raids give all their Gear to Dps because most Bosses today have serious Enrage Timers or crucial Soft Enrage mechanics which you can only fight through with enough Dps, difficult phases for Healers can be gapped with stacking Raid CD's and Offheals.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Looks like you forgot to include the shields:

Tortos' Discarded Shell
    Yea I will add them now meant to earlier but got distracted at the office :P

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Dps > Healer.

Healers that aren't ooming won't help you to fight through Enrage.

Though it's an old mantra that Tank and Healer the most important roles in a raid, Hardcore raids give all their Gear to Dps because most Bosses today have serious Enrage Timers or crucial Soft Enrage mechanics which you can only fight through with enough Dps, difficult phases for Healers can be gapped with stacking Raid CD's and Offheals.
    Yea you are definently right I was just exagerating there about the healer's response hehe, wish the socket bonus was something else besides spirit though

Exactly my thoughts, I imagine with the reduced CD on EM it got closer in value to Echo but not quiet there, maybe picking PE over EB as a final tier talent does increase EM's value to be equal or greater of a DPS increase over Echo ? tbh I'd like to have multiple builds to be viable for next tier should give some interesting choices to make
    I havn't looked at PE since buff but it was quite a bit below EB overall damage wise. EB is great for burst instances such as blowing up little adds which the next tier has plenty of fights matching this description. If you take PE you MIGHT (depending on new numbers) do more overall damage but that's all condensed into elemental totem's huge CDs even if you glyph it. Also I cant really see how picking PE will increase EM's value as the two don't really have anything to do with each other :P Echo's value may decrease simply because you aren't picking EB meaning more lighting bolt filler.

Blizzard likes to buff abilities/talents to make them more or less up par with others but unless something radical is done it doesn't change much as people min/maxing pushing heroic modes will pick the highest dps/best for certain fight talents. Blizzard is just making these other talents for those certain fights more appealing rather then say EB for every fight for example because the other 2 were terrible.

There is also this 2H caster mace Invocation of the Dawn which probably won't even be considered, given it's complete lack of sockets
    Last edited by Shauren; 2013-02-10 at 01:01 PM.

I havn't looked at PE since buff but it was quite a bit below EB overall damage wise. EB is great for burst instances such as blowing up little adds which the next tier has plenty of fights matching this description. If you take PE you MIGHT (depending on new numbers) do more overall damage but that's all condensed into elemental totem's huge CDs even if you glyph it. Also I cant really see how picking PE will increase EM's value as the two don't really have anything to do with each other :P Echo's value may decrease simply because you aren't picking EB meaning more lighting bolt filler.
    From my understanding PE is affected by our Haste and Crit but not mastery, since EM is on a 1.5 min CD you can pretty much line it up with each PE drop (Im assuming here that you can probably drop PE somewhere between 3 to 4 times depending on fight duration ofcourse in the new raid) So you are buffing yourself as well as your Elemental. Echo is definently a better single target DPS talent overall but I dont see a point in taking it if you dont go with EB, I might be wrong though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    There is also this 2H caster mace Invocation of the Dawn which probably won't even be considered, given it's complete lack of sockets
    Yea thats why I didnt add it given the number of weapon choices we have next tier