Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    The fact that you get so bent out of shape over something as arbitrary as a mount is why I see your argument that way. Using the word "absurd" to describe the drop rate of something that is pointless and cosmetic is childish.

    You will probably never get this mount, but who cares? Its just a mount. Accept it and move on with your life.
    I don't get it. Why are you so hellbent on insisting on the "you get so bent out of shape" thing? Why can't you simply read something as what it is: an argument. No, you keep on insisting on thinly veiled implications. Also, I didn't realize that using the word absurd to address... wait for it... an absurdly low drop rate was pointless and childish. I applaud your conclusions. Just refute people's arguments with something other than insults and implications that they just want the mount handed on a plate for running the boss once.

    Also, irony in bold. Aparently you do care enough to so vehemently defend the drop rate. Telling people to accept it being just a mount and moving on, when you cannot accept that some people consider the drop rate too low, once again, for a two weeks-only thing. Blasphemy, I say.

    Are you actually going to type out a single post without calling me, or anyone else, childish, entitled, or both? Because that seems to be all the argument you've got going, if that can even be called one.

    As an aside, perhaps I won't get this mount. But that won't keep me from trying. I am fully aware that they're as likely to increase the drop rate to 1% as they are to close the servers tomorrow. That doesn't mean I won't stop farming it. Chances are, I might actually get the mount. Maybe not this year, maybe not even next year. But eventually, I'll get it. Unless I stop playing, but we can't really predict that.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-11 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  2. #122
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,305
    okay, okay, okay guys, let's allll chiiiilllll. We don't need to make the debate personal just because we have different opinions.

    WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS. WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS. THAT SHIT IS AWESOME.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  3. #123
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    33
    Was lucky enough to get the Big Love Rocket last year

  4. #124
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    You will probably never get this mount, but who cares? Its just a mount. Accept it and move on with your life.
    I know many people who play this game purely for the aspect of collecting Pets, Mounts & Achievements. Is it fair on them? 0.03% is stupidly low, for an event that occurs once a year. If it was available every day, I'd agree with you, but for a few days of the year, it seems a little extreme.
    Website: (W.I.P.) www.voodoo-gaming.net
    YouTube: Coming Soon™
    Twitter: @VoodooGamingUK
    Facebook: Coming Soon™
    Warcraft: Pandaren Brewmaster, iLevel 581, 14 / 14 Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar

  5. #125
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    okay, okay, okay guys, let's allll chiiiilllll. We don't need to make the debate personal just because we have different opinions.

    WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS. WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS. THAT SHIT IS AWESOME.
    Teh Dinosaur has spoken.. I dun wanna mess with no Dinosaur

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't get it. Why are you so hellbent on insisting on the "you get so bent out of shape" thing? Why can't you simply read something as what it is: an argument. No, you keep on insisting on thinly veiled implications. Also, I didn't realize that using the word absurd to address... wait for it... an absurdly low drop rate was pointless and childish. I applaud your conclusions. Just refute people's arguments with something other than insults and implications that they just want the mount handed on a plate for running the boss once.

    Also, irony in bold. Aparently you do care enough to so vehemently defend the drop rate. Telling people to accept it being just a mount and moving on, when you cannot accept that some people consider the drop rate too low, once again, for a two weeks-only thing. Blasphemy, I say.

    Are you actually going to type out a single post without calling me, or anyone else, childish, entitled, or both? Because that seems to be all the argument you've got going, if that can even be called one.
    Where did I defend the droprate? Where did I say "THIS ITEM NEEDS TO BE SUPER RARE BECAUSE X" my entire argument has been that an arbitrary item's droprate is arbitrary. I don't care if they up the drop rate, i really don't.

    I do like that some items are super ultra rare, I think it makes the game more interesting, but that is just my opinion and I really don't care what blizzard does with things like this because it doesn't really impact anything.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  7. #127
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I know many people who play this game purely for the aspect of collecting Pets, Mounts & Achievements. Is it fair on them? 0.03% is stupidly low, for an event that occurs once a year. If it was available every day, I'd agree with you, but for a few days of the year, it seems a little extreme.
    Exactly! Different parts of the game are enjoyable to different people. I wish folks could understand that just because something isn't fun to them, doesn't mean it's not fun to others.

  8. #128
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    okay, okay, okay guys, let's allll chiiiilllll. We don't need to make the debate personal just because we have different opinions.

    WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS. WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS. THAT SHIT IS AWESOME.
    A little hard to do that when people decide to attack you with insults instead of actually using valid arguments, isn't it? But I guess you're right. Might as well just stop replying to the guy instead of repeating the same thing over and over again in an attempt to get the thoughts through, talking to a brick wall would yield more success.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Where did I defend the droprate? Where did I say "THIS ITEM NEEDS TO BE SUPER RARE BECAUSE X" my entire argument has been that an arbitrary item's droprate is arbitrary. I don't care if they up the drop rate, i really don't.

    I do like that some items are super ultra rare, I think it makes the game more interesting, but that is just my opinion and I really don't care what blizzard does with things like this because it doesn't really impact anything.
    You didn't explicitely say that. But considering that you go to the length of claiming entitlement and other thinly veiled insults/implications to justify the drop rate being fine, leads to think that indeed, you're defending the drop rate.

    Regardless, I'll just heed Tziva's warning and stop replying to you.


    With that said, I don't think they'll change the drop rate at all. Not increasing, not decreasing, nothing. Silly as it is, it's what we'll have to deal with.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-11 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  9. #129
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,233
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Exactly! Different parts of the game are enjoyable to different people. I wish folks could understand that just because something isn't fun to them, doesn't mean it's not fun to others.
    I quite like to get the occasional mount, I've re-taken up farming for the Raven Lord and White Hawkstrider, and they're fairly low drop-chances. I wouldn't mind if they were 0.03% as they're available every day, but if they were only available for 14 days of the year, I'd be pissed!
    Website: (W.I.P.) www.voodoo-gaming.net
    YouTube: Coming Soon™
    Twitter: @VoodooGamingUK
    Facebook: Coming Soon™
    Warcraft: Pandaren Brewmaster, iLevel 581, 14 / 14 Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar

  10. #130
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,258
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    No one saying hand them out, that would surely mean just mailing one to every player in the game. Thats not what people are asking, they are however asking that for an event that lasts only 2 weeks out the year, with one chance per day, that the drop rates could be pushed slightly higher than they currently are.
    The way I see it is, that the drop rate did "increase", passively.
    I for myself have at the moment 4 chances every day. Since the introduction of account wide mounts now, I can run that 2 minutes event 4 times ( 4 lvl 90s) with a chance for a drop, and all my toons will have it, if I ever get it. If I don't get it, so be it. Every toon level 89 or 90 can do the event. I may actually even have more dibs next week, since I have 2 more toons getting close to 89.
    I mean I would agree if the event would be handled like the engi bot which can only be looted once a day acct wide. But that's not the case.
    I simply don't expect much from a 2 minute event, that takes more effort to wait out the queue time than the actual fight lasts.

  11. #131
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I quite like to get the occasional mount, I've re-taken up farming for the Raven Lord and White Hawkstrider, and they're fairly low drop-chances. I wouldn't mind if they were 0.03% as they're available every day, but if they were only available for 14 days of the year, I'd be pissed!
    Totally agree, I farm all the solo/duoable mounts available, I'm not a huge mount collector, but there are some mounts I really like (including this rocket) and so knowing that If I run the place every week,every year, I may eventually get it, gives you hope and keeps you at it.

    But when you know you only have 1 chance per day for 14 days a year, and know the drop rate is one of the lowest drop rates for any mount, it's kind of disheartening, especially when you have friends or know people that have gotten it, that don't even like the mount at all and will never use it

    But as with everything I'll keep running it on my 3 capped alts every day till the end of the event and just cross every part of my body in hopes I get lucky If not theres always next year... if I haven't gone insane by then.. lol

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    okay, okay, okay guys, let's allll chiiiilllll. We don't need to make the debate personal just because we have different opinions.

    WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS. WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS. THAT SHIT IS AWESOME.
    Tell that shit to North and South Korea.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  13. #133
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,579
    Thinking about the Big Love Rocket makes me angry because the Headless Horseman mount used to be nearly just as rare and I ran that place like a maniac day after day to get mine and then they nerfed it for no reason so that everyone and their mom could get it and yet left the drop rate on this mount unchanged. So ya neeeerd raaaaage. /endrant /leavesthread

  14. #134
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I quite like to get the occasional mount, I've re-taken up farming for the Raven Lord and White Hawkstrider, and they're fairly low drop-chances. I wouldn't mind if they were 0.03% as they're available every day, but if they were only available for 14 days of the year, I'd be pissed!
    Pretty much my thoughts, except being pissed. No need to go that far

    I've farmed many mounts before as well, many of which I still haven't obtained and still farm weekly, and which I've been farming for more than a year now. The Karazhan mount is one that drives me crazy. I farm the damn thing 12 times per week, and I still haven't seen it. But I'm fine with that because I can farm it all year long as long as I feel like it. This rocket, however, is available for such a short time window that it doesn't justify the rarity, especially considering how bad it looks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Thinking about the Big Love Rocket makes me angry because the Headless Horseman mount used to be nearly just as rare and I ran that place like a maniac day after day to get mine and then they nerfed it for no reason so that everyone and their mom could get it and yet left the drop rate on this mount unchanged. So ya neeeerd raaaaage. /endrant /leavesthread
    I don't think the Headless Horseman's mount was ever as rare as this one. The drop rate, as far as I know, has always been the same as most mounts: in the 1-2% range, aproximately. The brewfest mounts initially had absurdely high drop rates, but I think it was later toned down to more acceptable levels, they don't drop every freaking day now. The rocket though? Has always been like this.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-11 at 06:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    A little hard to do that when people decide to attack you with insults instead of actually using valid arguments, isn't it? But I guess you're right. Might as well just stop replying to the guy instead of repeating the same thing over and over again in an attempt to get the thoughts through, talking to a brick wall would yield more success.



    You didn't explicitely say that. But considering that you go to the length of claiming entitlement and other thinly veiled insults/implications to justify the drop rate being fine, leads to think that indeed, you're defending the drop rate.

    Regardless, I'll just heed Tziva's warning and stop replying to you.
    Did you really just attack me twice in one post and then feign taking the high road? Awesome.

    Hypocrisy aside I agree, nothing more to be had from carrying out this conversation.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-11 at 06:57 PM.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  16. #136
    It's a ridiculous looking mount, so maybe they don't want everyone flying around on one. I don't know.

  17. #137
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    THAT SHIT IS AWESOME.
    wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll........... shit, drop rate.....
    I just did a little math about my dogs and our yard.. I found out, that - since they poop 2 times a day - create a total of 2190 piles over the course of one year.
    I have 3 dogs... That shit drop rate isn't that awesome
    I hope spring comes soon and I can drive the lawnmower over the grass again. It's turned into a minefield lol

  18. #138
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,305
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Tell that shit to North and South Korea.
    They don't have MMOC accounts and no one listens to me anyway. *tear*

    ANYWAY. BACK ON TOPIC.

    I only know one guy on my server who has the rocket. He got it a few years ago. There's probably more, but he's the only one I see. We'll see how it is this year though. Only one day into the event, for all we know the drop rate was increased. But we'll see.

    Also, kinda related: do we have to be 90 to queue? I know an 87 is too low. If it's 88 though I might push up a couple alts sitting at 87 just to have more chances.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  19. #139
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Thinking about the Big Love Rocket makes me angry because the Headless Horseman mount used to be nearly just as rare and I ran that place like a maniac day after day to get mine and then they nerfed so that everyone and their mom could get it but for some reason left this mount to be rare. /endrant /leavesthread
    Tis true! I got my HH mount back before they put this daily cap on players, I ran it on every toon available, quickly logged out and back onto my main for the drop, I had all my friends alts use theirs up too (the ones that didnt care about mounts ofc) and I finally got it. And it was rare back then, but I didn't think myself any better than anyone else, I felt bad that others couldn't share the fun of the mount that I had, and wished it would drop for them too.

    So when they changed the drop rates I was so happy to start seeing my friends finally own this little bit of awesome. I had high hopes that they might do the same with the rocket, alas no such luck, I don't understand why the rocket has been singled out and kept so low, considering HH mount/brewfest mounts drop rates seems to have been increased so much.

    Ahh well seems I shall be devoid of having that huge pink rocket to ride, guess i'll just have to find something else /wink lol

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 07:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They don't have MMOC accounts and no one listens to me anyway. *tear*

    ANYWAY. BACK ON TOPIC.

    I only know one guy on my server who has the rocket. He got it a few years ago. There's probably more, but he's the only one I see. We'll see how it is this year though. Only one day into the event, for all we know the drop rate was increased. But we'll see.

    Also, kinda related: do we have to be 90 to queue? I know an 87 is too low. If it's 88 though I might push up a couple alts sitting at 87 just to have more chances.
    A level 88 guildies couldn't queue up, and I was told by someone else that level 89's could, so I'm assuming level 89 must be the minimum, though I haven't attempted it myself .

  20. #140
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They don't have MMOC accounts and no one listens to me anyway. *tear*

    ANYWAY. BACK ON TOPIC.

    I only know one guy on my server who has the rocket. He got it a few years ago. There's probably more, but he's the only one I see. We'll see how it is this year though. Only one day into the event, for all we know the drop rate was increased. But we'll see.

    Also, kinda related: do we have to be 90 to queue? I know an 87 is too low. If it's 88 though I might push up a couple alts sitting at 87 just to have more chances.
    89, as I said in my post above

    Link to a guide is on MMOC front page.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/love-is-in-the-air-2013-wow
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-02-11 at 07:02 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •