Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It was probably the horn, it looks similar just no armor and usuable in valley.
    Maybe. What is the horn called? Does it also drop from Galleon?

The item he linked before he learned and mounted it had "Galleon" in the name (not "warband" or anything generic). Galleon's saddle or something.

I didn't really know this was a controversial thing, or I would have looked at the tooltip and paid more attention. I did actually try to take a screenshot for wowdb but he only ran around for a few seconds to show it off before he got on his flying mount to leave so I wasn't able to get good one.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Hi.

That shows under "Not Collected."

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think he misinterpreted the request to mean the mount that the thread is ostensibly about, and was proving that the Love Rocket exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Maybe. What is the horn called? Does it also drop from Galleon?

The item he linked before he learned and mounted it had "Galleon" in the name (not "warband" or anything generic). Galleon's saddle or something.

I didn't really know this was a controversial thing, or I would have looked at the tooltip and paid more attention. I did actually try to take a screenshot for wowdb but he only ran around for a few seconds to show it off before he got on his flying mount to leave so I wasn't able to get good one.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:39 AM ----------

Not to be mean it's a very popular troll thing to do with Galleon.
    Oddly-Shaped Horn is the item, while they link they have looted the Galleons saddle and then use this.

Although since last thursday it's ingame now with sha mount aswell. They fixed it but never said anything about it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Not to be mean it's a very popular troll thing to do with Galleon.
    Oddly-Shaped Horn is the item, while they link they have looted the Galleons saddle and then use this.
    Yeah, like I said, might have been. I didn't pay close attention because I didn't know there was controversy over the mount's existence.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was available all year around, sure, it would be fine for it to have a drastically low drop chance.

Since its only available for a brief few days out of the year? Essentially, you will either get it, or you wont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

So pretty much "boo hoo I can't have every single thing I want"?

Some things should be rare, really really rare, it makes the game more interesting.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So pretty much "boo hoo I can't have every single thing I want"?

Some things should be rare, really really rare, it makes the game more interesting.
    No, it doesn't make anything interesting. It makes it frustrating, and makes people lose their will to even try to get the mount. The fact that a person runs this boss every day, multiple times ever since it was introduced and never sees the mount, alone, makes it stupid.

Like someone said last page, it's fine that mounts that you can farm every day for the entire year have such low drop rates. A mount that you can only attempt to get for two weeks, once per day (per character) doesn't justify it. No amount of "special snowflaking", for as much as I hate that term, will justify this abysmal drop rate. Especially because it's an arbitary decision. The Headless Horseman mount and the Brewfest Kodo/Ram are not nearly as rare as this Rocket is. Yet, they are obtained the same way, within the same time window, with different easy and quick bosses. It's the same thing as the Naxxarmas drakes. Arbitary decision. "We'll keep mounts in the game now, but we won't be putting those back on the achievement. *proceeds to put Black Proto-drake on the BMAH*".
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-11 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    No, it doesn't make anything interesting. It makes it frustrating, and makes people lose their will to even try to get the mount. The fact that a person runs this boss every day, multiple times ever since it was introduced and never sees the mount, alone, makes it stupid.

Like someone said last page, it's fine that mounts that you can farm every day for the entire year have such low drop rates. A mount that you can only attempt to get for two weeks, once per day (per character) doesn't justify it. No amount of "special snowflaking", for as much as I hate that term, will justify this abysmal drop rate. Especially because it's an arbitary decision. The Headless Horseman mount and the Brewfest Kodo/Ram are not nearly as rare as this Rocket is. Yet, they are obtained the same way, within the same time window, with different easy and quick bosses. It's the same thing as the Naxxarmas drakes. Arbitary decision. "We'll keep mounts in the game now, but we won't be putting those back on the achievement. *proceeds to put Black Proto-drake on the BMAH*".
    Still not buying it, inconsistent design or no I don't see the problem.

The real problem here is with people who feel they NEED this mount, or somehow deserve to have their effort rewarded 100% of the time. Sometimes you put in time and energy and still don't get what you want. Its called life.

Mounts are purely aesthetic and having one over another provides no in game advantage, as such you are not entitled to have equal access to every one.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-11 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not buying it, inconsistent design or no I don't see the problem.

The real problem here is with people who feel they NEED this mount, or somehow deserve to have their effort rewarded 100% of the time. Sometimes you put in time and energy and still don't get what you want. Its called life.

Mounts are purely aesthetic and having one over another provides no in game advantage, as such you are not entitled to have equal access to every one.
    No one's saying we want to be rewarded 100% of the time, nor do we feel entitled to the mount "just because". That would be stupid. The drop rate, however, is too low for the time window we have to farm this mount. That's the context: the time window we have available, not the low rate in a vacuum. There is no discussion to be had about that, and not even Blizzard will convince me of the opposite. There are things that are acceptable in time frame for farming them. It's been what, 4 years since this event was expanded to drop the mount? That is not an acceptable drop rate.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

No one's saying we want to be rewarded 100% of the time, nor do we feel entitled to the mount "just because". That would be stupid. The drop rate, however, is too low for the time window we have to farm this mount. There is no discussion to be had about that, and not even Blizzard will convince me of the opposite. There are things that are acceptable in time frame for farming them. It's been what, 4 years since this event was expanded to drop the mount? That is not an acceptable drop rate.
    Until you can convince me that you need this mount this argument still doesn't hold any water.

With a droprate this low, its clearly not meant to be farmable its just a "hey maybe you'll get lucky" kind of thing, that you can't be okay with this and feel entitled to having it is just childish "gimme gimme i want it" talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you can convince me that you need this mount this argument still doesn't hold any water.

With a droprate this low, its clearly not meant to be farmable its just a "hey maybe you'll get lucky" kind of thing, that you can't be okay with this and feel entitled to having it is just childish "gimme gimme i want it" talk.
    Aparently you missed the part where I said I don't feel entitled to have it. I don't care if I finish the event without the mount, but the drop rate is, simply put, stupid.

And I don't need to convince you that I need this mount. I don't. I'm not arguing for having it drop 50% of the time. I don't want the drop rate increase just so that I can benefit from it and get "omgomg my mount I want it". I just want it to be consistent with other mounts and have at least 1% drop rate, as opposed to 0.03%.

Until you convince me that a 0.03% drop rate is fine for a mount that can only be obtained for two weeks, your argument doesn't hold any water. I am sure that you'll just keep on babbling about how people want to have it drop at 100% and feel entitled to it, but asking doesn't hurt.

Again, I cannot repeat this enough, because you seem to be hellbelt on repeating the same accusation over and over again: no one is saying they want the mount to suddenly drop like candy, no one feels entitled to having it drop for them, and no one here feels that they need the mount. The only thing we want is a drop rate fitting for the time window. And 1% is just fine for that. I assure you that the mount won't cease to be rare, nor will everyone suddenly be praising to the skies that the mount dropped at a 1% drop rate. But at the current rate, the mount is almost as uncommon as the Sha mount that started dropping only a few days ago.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-11 at 06:13 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    A rare mount is rare...no way D:

Aparently you missed the part where I said I don't feel entitled to have it. I don't care if I finish the event without the mount, but the drop rate is, simply put, stupid.
    You can say that all you want, but if you really felt that way you wouldn't care if it was a 1% or .001% droprate.

Until you convince me that a 0.03% drop rate is fine for a mount that can only be obtained for two weeks, your argument doesn't hold any water. I am sure that you'll just keep on babbling about how people want to have it drop at 100% and feel entitled to it, but asking doesn't hurt.
    Unique Mounts are arbitrary non-beneficial items. As such how rare they are is equally arbitrary. Guaranteed drop, moderately rare, or near impossible. It doesn't matter. Failure to recognize this and bitching about it is just self-entitled whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is perfectly fine if items have extremely low drop rates, like that rocket. There is no need for everything in the game to be handed out to just about everyone.
    I have never seen the rocket for years. I know I have seen it on Area 52, and that was the first time ever. Does it ruin my game? Not at all..
    I was super fine playing MY game for years on end, without having hurt feelings about something I couldn't get.
    Maybe, that it's just my opinion, but I fail to see why it should be changed? A game system where everyone can get just about everything turns into something boring.
    A big part of what made this game so special and great was exactly that. One could not rely on getting it at all..
    Now, most things are so simplified that everyone can get it, more than often with even little effort.
    I praise the few remaining "sanctuary items" that are not yet dragged into triviality.

0.03% chance is very, very low even for an event that comes around once a year. I enjoy seeing rare mounts, and I like farming them, but mounts like this just anger me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can say that all you want, but if you really felt that way you wouldn't care if it was a 1% or .001% droprate.

Unique Mounts are arbitrary non-beneficial items. As such how rare they are is equally arbitrary. Guaranteed drop, moderately rare, or near impossible. It doesn't matter. Failure to recognize this and bitching about it is just self-entitled whining.
    I already explained to you why I don't think the drop rate is fine, despite my personal feelings towards the mount. I spent three years farming for the Horseman's Reins. Yet I never complained about it, because the drop rate was fine, unlike this one. I farmed the old ZG mounts for nearly an entire year, for nearly every lockout, and never got either of them. You didn't see me asking for higher drop rates before removal, because they were fine. I surely never asked to reintroduce mounts from content that was removed. If you refuse to accept that and keep on bashing your head on the "you're entitled if you're not fine with it" mentality, then fine, have it your way. It's fine that you disagree with my reason for not thinking the drop rate is bad, I don't expect everyone to think the drop rate isn't fine (as shown in this very thread), but frankly, the fact that you keep on harping on "YOU'RE ENTITLED, THE DROP RATE IS FINE" shows me that you're not willing to rationalize things. You just want the mount to stay as it is, and call anyone who disagrees a self-entitled whiner. You cannot seem to be able to separate "rare" from "absurd", which is what this mount is. Absurd. The fact that you can't think further than calling people entitled shows quite clearly that you simply do not care for reasoning.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-11 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It is perfectly fine if items have extremely low drop rates, like that rocket. There is no need for everything in the game to be handed out to just about everyone.
    I have never seen the rocket for years. I know I have seen it on Area 52, and that was the first time ever. Does it ruin my game? Not at all..
    I was super fine playing MY game for years on end, without having hurt feelings about something I couldn't get.
    Maybe, that it's just my opinion, but I fail to see why it should be changed? A game system where everyone can get just about everything turns into something boring.
    A big part of what made this game so special and great was exactly that. One could not rely on getting it at all..
    Now, most things are so simplified that everyone can get it, more than often with even little effort.
    I praise the few remaining "sanctuary items" that are not yet dragged into triviality.
    No one saying hand them out, that would surely mean just mailing one to every player in the game. Thats not what people are asking, they are however asking that for an event that lasts only 2 weeks out the year, with one chance per day, that the drop rates could be pushed slightly higher than they currently are.

The mount might not mean anything to you, but guess what? People enjoy different parts of this game. Some people enjoy collecting mounts, and when part of what they enjoy is hidden behind an extremely low drop rate and a 2 week per year event, this can be frustrating.

Now I ask you, what part of the game do you enjoy most? Now take that part of the game, and take something you'd want and hide it behind an extremely low drop rate as this mount has. and only let you have 1 chance per day for 2 weeks of the year to get it. Such as say BIS weapon, or trinket, or whatever it is you get enjoyment out of the game.

I doubt you would be at all happy only having 14 chances in one year to get said item, at this silly drop rate.

Don't worry though I expect you to come back with *I wouldn't care or theres nothing in game i want so it wouldn't bother me* blah blah, but I think we both know that wouldn't be true.

Upping the drop rate so that people feel they actually have a slight chance of this mount in the small time frame its available isn't asking for a whole lot.

I already explained to you why I don't think the drop rate is fine, despite my personal feelings towards the mount. I spent three years farming for the Horseman's Reins. Yet I never complained about it, because the drop rate was fine, unlike this one. If you refuse to accept that and keep on bashing your head on the "you're entitled if you're not fine with it" mentality, then fine, have it your way. It's fine that you disagree with my reason for not thinking the drop rate is bad, I don't expect everyone to think the drop rate isn't fine (as shown in this very thread), but frankly, the fact that you keep on harping on "YOU'RE ENTITLED, THE DROP RATE IS FINE" shows me that you're not willing to rationalize things. You just want the mount to stay as it is, and call anyone who disagrees a self-entitled whiner. You cannot seem to be able to separate "rare" from "absurd", which is what this mount is. Absurd. The fact that you can't think further than calling people entitled shows quite clearly that you simply do not care for reasoning.
    The fact that you get so bent out of shape over something as arbitrary as a mount is why I see your argument that way. Using the word "absurd" to describe the drop rate of something that is pointless and cosmetic is childish.

You will probably never get this mount, but who cares? Its just a mount. Accept it and move on with your life.

From my point of view you are the one being irrational.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-11 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you get so bent out of shape over something as arbitrary as a mount is why I see your argument that way. Using the word "absurd" to describe the drop rate of something that is pointless and cosmetic is childish.

You will probably never get this mount, but who cares? Its just a mount. Accept it and move on with your life.
    I don't get it. Why are you so hellbent on insisting on the "you get so bent out of shape" thing? Why can't you simply read something as what it is: an argument. No, you keep on insisting on thinly veiled implications. Also, I didn't realize that using the word absurd to address... wait for it... an absurdly low drop rate was pointless and childish. I applaud your conclusions. Just refute people's arguments with something other than insults and implications that they just want the mount handed on a plate for running the boss once.

Also, irony in bold. Aparently you do care enough to so vehemently defend the drop rate. Telling people to accept it being just a mount and moving on, when you cannot accept that some people consider the drop rate too low, once again, for a two weeks-only thing. Blasphemy, I say.

Are you actually going to type out a single post without calling me, or anyone else, childish, entitled, or both? Because that seems to be all the argument you've got going, if that can even be called one.

As an aside, perhaps I won't get this mount. But that won't keep me from trying. I am fully aware that they're as likely to increase the drop rate to 1% as they are to close the servers tomorrow. That doesn't mean I won't stop farming it. Chances are, I might actually get the mount. Maybe not this year, maybe not even next year. But eventually, I'll get it. Unless I stop playing, but we can't really predict that.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-11 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, okay, okay guys, let's allll chiiiilllll. We don't need to make the debate personal just because we have different opinions.

WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS. WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS. THAT SHIT IS AWESOME.

| twitch | bsky
    |