Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was closer to the truth.
    I've thought the same (I love the looks of the mount but I do also realise that its alittle out of character for WoW) It's not an unreasonable guess, however why bother putting a mount in that they think is *ridiculous* that they don't want it seen around in the world? I dunno, not truly convinced, but weirder things have happened! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Nothing has any value.
    Not true, something is only worth what paid for it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Meh, just one more level and I could queue up on yet another character. Not like I have much to do anyway so... time to level a bit!

Something we can agree on
    I'm thinking about that too. With the next patch approaching quick.. Might as well take a break from the usual chores and spend the remaining time with alt leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I've thought the same (I love the looks of the mount but I do also realise that its alittle out of character for WoW) It's not an unreasonable guess, however why bother putting a mount in that they think is *ridiculous* that they don't want it seen around in the world? I dunno, not truly convinced, but weirder things have happened! lol
    Pst, I don't think they're being serious with that. A little joking around never killed anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't think the Headless Horseman's mount was ever as rare as this one. The drop rate, as far as I know, has always been the same as most mounts: in the 1-2% range, aproximately.
    I dunno, I don't remember what the rate was exactly. All I know is it used to be much lower and only a few people had it and by a few I mean like a maybe a dozen people per server and now everybody their mom, their dog and their hamster has it.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I dunno, I don't remember what the rate was exactly. All I know is it used to be much lower and only a few people had it and by a few I mean like a maybe a dozen people per server and now everybody their mom, their dog and their hamster has it.
    Hm, I'm not sure. I recall the mount dropping frequently enough that it couldn't be considered as bad as the rocket, but not commonly enough that everyone would get it within days. This was back when the mount dropped from the boss' corpse instead of a bag. I think it was slightly reduced when it was added to LFD and the bags were introduced, but still not as rare as the rocket. More comparable to mounts like the White Hawkstrider, I'd say, probably a bit higher.

I am, of course, talking out of my ass. I don't have exact drop rates to compare, just speaking from what could be seen.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Link to a guide is on MMOC front page.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/love-is-in-the-air-2013-wow
    Oh, pffft, who reads the front page?

I'M JOKING CHAUD PLEASE DON'T MURDINATE ME

Seriously, thanks; I missed it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

low chanses suck, i don't even know how many times i hit mr. baron in strath in 1gcd down (since it's a huge joke as lvl 90) but he insists that i come back over and over .. annyoing dude

well the love rocket (lucky it looks ugly) is the same as the one of the rider (fyling powny) that i just need on my warlock since my fellstead is to stupid to fly.
    remember the time when legendary's didn't drop for 50+ id's? remember the time the server just crashed? pedirige farm remembers and so do i
    i probably wont get the mount this year, but hey atleast blizzard is giving me a reason to do this event.

I want it, because, haters gonna hate.

Gief, pl0z.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Stop being so mad, you can't have everything and I'd pretty much like to keep yoloswagging this rocket in people's faces than have it end up in every casual's hands and make it as worthless as every other crappy mount in this game.
    I laugh a little when people who have accomplished absolutely nothing worth note in this game call others "casuals" in a derogatory fashion.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Twi2ce View Post
    Was lucky enough to get the Big Love Rocket last year

Oooh gratz! Now gief to me!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    You can say that all you want, but if you really felt that way you wouldn't care if it was a 1% or .001% droprate.
    Unique Mounts are arbitrary non-beneficial items. As such how rare they are is equally arbitrary. Guaranteed drop, moderately rare, or near impossible. It doesn't matter. Failure to recognize this and bitching about it is just self-entitled whining.
    Wow!!!! A Colin Moriarty plagiarist. Isn't that special?
    Keep going and I bet everything will work fine for you as it worked for him.

BTW, do you know that since Moriarty's rant, IGN lost 2/3 of UIP and was sold for less than 1/6 of the amount of the previous sale?
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-02-11 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they'd slip and have the drop rate increased for it. Kinda like that year that many people got the HH mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I quite like to get the occasional mount, I've re-taken up farming for the Raven Lord and White Hawkstrider, and they're fairly low drop-chances. I wouldn't mind if they were 0.03% as they're available every day, but if they were only available for 14 days of the year, I'd be pissed!

White Hawkstrider low chance? It has probably one of the highest chances to drop. Hell I had 3 drops so far and i even have one in my bag atm next to Blue Drake ( Malygos ) since I was stupid enough to farm it ( forgot i got it from satchel )....

And as for this mount having 0.03% chance, thats just stupid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    White Hawkstrider low chance? It has probably one of the highest chances to drop. Hell I had 3 drops so far and i even have one in my bag atm next to Blue Drake ( Malygos ) since I was stupid enough to farm it ( forgot i got it from satchel )....

And as for this mount having 0.03% chance, thats just stupid imo.
    Took me well over 200 runs account wide but i got that damn white chocobo.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Took me well over 200 runs account wide but i got that damn white chocobo.
    I got it on both my first and second runs in there. (don't kill me please! )

Don't know why everyone's saying the Love Rocket looks stupid, it's honestly one of my favorite mounts in the game =3 and I'm a straight male lol. It's just so different from most other mounts and I mean come on... the damn seat is just amazing. Crossed fingers this year but I highly doubt I'll be getting it since I've only got 2 characters at 90... oh well.
    Last edited by Ifeanychukwu; 2013-02-11 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I got it on both my first and second runs in there. (don't kill me please! )
    Nah man thats just good luck grats on it, i like how it took me so long. I mean there was decent gold and cloth and it gave me an extra thing to do per day.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I really wish they'd slip and have the drop rate increased for it. Kinda like that year that many people got the HH mount.
    That would be nice. lol. I love this mount (yes even though it's pink), it just looks so darn cool. I've seen a few people with it over the years, but at the current drop rate, as cliche as this sounds, you might as well go buy a lottery ticket if you do end up nabbing this mount.

They should up the drop rate. I'm not talking 1%, but hell, I'd even be happy with 0.3% like the old Onyxian Drake drop rate. At least then it would be actually somewhat realistic that you could obtain it. JMO.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-02-11 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Don't know why everyone's saying the Love Rocket looks stupid, it's honestly one of my favorite mounts in the game =3 and I'm a straight male lol. It's just so different from most other mounts and I mean come on... the damn seat is just amazing. Crossed fingers this year but I highly doubt I'll be getting it since I've only got 2 characters at 90... oh well.
    I'm just not a big fan of rocket mounts. It's not because of the color