Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    You haven't even been above 1750 in 3v3, therefore you judgement on what should / shouldn't be nerfed is redundant as you have yet to experience how high rated players deal with enemies offensive cooldowns. Warrior burst can easily be countered as it is usually highly obviously when they pop their Cd's. A simple disarm, cheap shot or even kidney stops all incoming damage from a warrior during there cooldowns.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Drack View Post
    You haven't even been above 1750 in 3v3, therefore you judgement on what should / shouldn't be nerfed is redundant as you have yet to experience how high rated players deal with enemies offensive cooldowns. Warrior burst can easily be countered as it is usually highly obviously when they pop their Cd's. A simple disarm, cheap shot or even kidney stops all incoming damage from a warrior during there cooldowns.
    if you are reffering to me, i do have the achievement for 1750 in arena... thank you for noticing
    and as it goes for my team right now... its back to back to back to back kfc...

    also, in most occasions, the warrior also macros in die by the sword just for that reason that he cant be stunned, (atleast not by kidney shot from the front)
    i could also blind him, but he could quickly trinket this, yes a different cc could be put on him but the point i have been trying to make is that it doesnt not take much for a warrior to burst me down. it has happened NUMEROUS times. an example... (pop macro) warbringer to 30-40k mortal strike, 60-100k shockwave, maybe get off another strike for almost always another 50-60k. having about 360k health... this is already more than half of my health gone, my only vanish has been popped, trinket has been popped, i have bleeds on me so i HAVE to come back out of stealth, all the while the warrior has simply changed targets to one of my team mates and done the same damage to that person who doesnt have a vanish. all this, specifically from the warrior, added the damage from the 2nd dps also bursting on my, i might as well be at 20%, vanish, warrior switches to healer, i am forced to come out to peel, turn around and execute me for 300k... that is the problem i face every day in arena.

  3. #23
    The truth is EVERYONE hates getting nerfed... no one likes to hear themselves getting nerfed, but for that reason, most people hear the word nerf and automatically QQ to the forums that they want the nerf reverted because they are underpowered and going to be a "cata warrior" again which is not the case at all... 10% damage reduc nerf to a passive buff isnt that bad, considering it is a PASSIVE ABILITY. your survivablity is FINE. thats why almost EVERY warrior can stack all pvp power, because your survivability IS FINE! and will continue to be FINE. most other classes are stacking resil to even have a chance. the problem i am voicing does not concern survivabilty, it concerns warrior burst damage.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    The truth is EVERYONE hates getting nerfed... no one likes to hear themselves getting nerfed, but for that reason, most people hear the word nerf and automatically QQ to the forums that they want the nerf reverted because they are underpowered and going to be a "cata warrior" again which is not the case at all... 10% damage reduc nerf to a passive buff isnt that bad, considering it is a PASSIVE ABILITY. your survivablity is FINE. thats why almost EVERY warrior can stack all pvp power, because your survivability IS FINE! and will continue to be FINE. most other classes are stacking resil to even have a chance. the problem i am voicing does not concern survivabilty, it concerns warrior burst damage.
    Thanks for making more general and vague statements while ignoring everyone else's opinion in the thread. Your credibility is sinking even further.....not that it was very high from the start.

  5. #25
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,383
    The CD stacking nonsense should go or preferably compensate for that. Only being good for CD's and Execute...is not fun. Yes I do play a warrior.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Thanks for making more general and vague statements while ignoring everyone else's opinion in the thread. Your credibility is sinking even further.....not that it was very high from the start.
    i feel i am restating myself a lot because a lot of people on this post are missing the point of what i am trying to say.
    there are many balance issues in live and in 5.2, i think everyone can agree with that, im hearing mostly posts about warrior survivability. This post is meant to bring attention and possibly mend warrior BURST. not warrior survivablity, not warrior rotation damage (off cd's). but warrior BURST. stacking all of your cooldowns is nothing new, and many classes do it, but none can do it this effectively. i feel, and i know many others feel the warrior burst is too high, and needs to be addressed, if u have nothing to contribute to this argument, i please ask that you leave.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    warriors really aren't as OP as what the post is saying. my suggestion would be to not get hit by them. if you sit in front of any melee class you're not going to live very long.
    This isnt easy, when the initial shockwave does 100k damage. this happens very often to me and i have 63% resil.
    warrior pops all of his cd's, shockwaves me for 100k, then possibly gets in a typically 40-60k mortal strike in before i trinket/blind or trinket/vanish... i am still grimped half health, with bleeds, i am forced to come back out of stealth, all the while the warrior has simply warbringer'd my healer and is throwing the same strings of attacks all hitting at 50k+. maybe i feel the problem is more the shockwave damage. possibly fix shockwave damage instead of the burst entirely.

  7. #27
    just cc him when he bursts dude it not that hard
    a simple stun or disarm at the time and his huge 5min cd is wasted

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Except our damage is pathetic outside of cd's, and we're about to lose any hope of surviving in a pvp setting. Hello Cata warrior 2.0.
    lol you must be doing something wrong then as my damage is fine out side of cds and next season warriors are still gonna be very strong wit the slam change build up a 100 rage and 1 shot stuff
    Last edited by hellcat1991; 2013-02-11 at 01:02 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    build up a 100 rage and 1 shot stuff
    are you playing against lvl 85 people?
    also, building 100 rage is gonna be A LOT harder, almost impossible if you're being forced in def stance.

  10. #30
    have you not seen the damage of slam on ptr its hitting so hard and it only costing 20 rage as well we wont always be in dstance

  11. #31
    As it is on the ptr, warriors are more then toned down. They still have burst and will require another dps to kill a healer. The main thing you should worry about imo is monks and rogues, both of them can take a dump on any healer with little effort.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    have you not seen the damage of slam on ptr its hitting so hard and it only costing 20 rage as well we wont always be in dstance
    as soon as people realize that tunneling us will be the best way to shut down our damage and win an arena, we will.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    i feel i am restating myself a lot because a lot of people on this post are missing the point of what i am trying to say.
    Because there is no point. CC while recklessness is up. Tfb is the only thing remotely hitting hard - everything else is on gcd and doesn't specifically hit hard.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-11 at 03:13 PM.

  14. #34
    I think second wind needs a change, the other talents in that tier should be just as competitive (second wind should be equal to enraged regen/ impending victory). As it is warriors in pvp base their entire play/survivability around a single talent.
    If they have to keep it; nerf it to 2%, make it baseline and create another talent that actually is on par with enraged regen/ impending victory.

    Warrior burst I really do not have any issues with, its more burst in general (almost everyone is capable of stupid burst damage).
    Nothing else to do except to gem for resi (even as dps), and hope they tune it down eventually. Instead of going say 60%+ power as a dps go for 68% resi & 50% power *only doable w t2+ full malev^2*, gem resi in every slot (prim stat+resi, power+resi, pure resi).

    Now I am not trying to single out warriors there are many classes that needs a tweak or two, just take hunters; narrow escape really needs to be reduced from 8sec snare to 3secs. For the same reason as second wind it is just to dominating when compared to the other two talents in that tier + 8 seconds undispellable snare is kinda gay.

  15. #35
    Pandaren Monk ParanoiD84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,933
    They should have fixed cdstacking in the first place instead off nerfing all the wrong things. If they nerf the damage to then bring back the heroic throw silence and the old pvp set bonus that removes roots and slows on HL.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    lol you must be doing something wrong then as my damage is fine out side of cds and next season warriors are still gonna be very strong wit the slam change build up a 100 rage and 1 shot stuff
    I call bullshit. I'm talking in an organized pvp setting, not some bg with randoms that keyboard turn and mouth breathe.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    I call bullshit. I'm talking in an organized pvp setting, not some bg with randoms that keyboard turn and mouth breathe.
    do you have t2? even on live with cds up its critting for about 70k so in 5.2 gonna be around 100k and costing less rage so what with 100 rage get off about 3 of them with reck up

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    do you have t2? even on live with cds up its critting for about 70k so in 5.2 gonna be around 100k and costing less rage so what with 100 rage get off about 3 of them with reck up
    Please PLAY ON 5.2 PTR before you claim 100k slams. With full cds popped against mages in molten armor (the class I can hit the hardest) I haven't gotten a single slam crit above 80k and I have to have colossus smash up for this damage which is harder to get up with it resetting on overpowers which cost rage. Compare this to any other class who's abilities consistently crit that high while warriors have 3 other abilities that are necessary AND warriors are mostly rage starved because of being forced to sit in defensive stance against any competent opponent.

    Slam + colossus smash has absolutely nothing on ice lance on frozen targets or pyroblast or obliterate or rising sun kick or ambush or templar's verdict or lava lash etc. etc. etc.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 04:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They should have fixed cdstacking in the first place instead off nerfing all the wrong things. If they nerf the damage to then bring back the heroic throw silence and the old pvp set bonus that removes roots and slows on HL.
    I would happily give up the root/snare removal safeguard for a root/snare removal on heroic leap via the pvp 4 piece.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-11 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  19. #39
    Pandaren Monk ParanoiD84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I would happily give up the root/snare removal safeguard for a root/snare removal on heroic leap via the pvp 4 piece.
    Yes same here to bad we never even got a chance to try it, they removed it before mop launched. Or they changed it to increased run speed after HL, yeah we would be over the top with root/slow breaker on HL before but as they keep nerfing the warrior class they could bring that back.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-02-11 at 04:15 PM.

  20. #40
    You act like we like having an incredibly strong burst once every 5 minutes while every other class has burst cds on 2 minutes. Seriously, heres the 5.2 warrior in a nutshell: Match starts, wait for a good time to blow cds, blow cds and hope for a kill, if we dont get it then turtle for 5 minutes waiting.

    Ive said it before, lower recks crit % increase and make it a 2 min cd, lower avatar's damage but give it the deaths advance effect (cant drop below 70%) as well as its rootbreak. Then drop slam onto a 1.0 gcd (to allow for soft burst) and allow us to generate rage from damage taken in defensive stance. If this is too much then lower our overall damage from seasoned solider by 5%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •