Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When mages made you pay for conjure food, because 'time was money'

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    When mages made you pay for conjure food, because 'time was money'
    Never had that problem, a deal for a deal. He/she makes food, I smelt bars for the person, done.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never had that problem, a deal for a deal. He/she makes food, I smelt bars for the person, done.
    Neither did I, but there was a crap ton of videos released because of it and songs...and stuff. But your still buying conjure food, just cause you smelted bars is still paying xD

when everyone had +2 weapon damage or minor beast slaying enchant on their weapons when levling for the cool factor.. and the rich kids went with Fiery weapon / icy weapon.

god i miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Not sure tbh. It was the longest iirc. It was also pretty hard compared a Scholomance/Strathome. But UBRS was pretty hard too.

I thought at first this thread was about Vanilla. But since it is not... I say the hardest instance was Shattered Halls, Arcatraz or The Black Moras.
    All in an unnerfed state.
    Halls of Reflection destroyed quite many groups as well, not sure if that was due to the difficulty or because people were dumbed down by the easiness of wotlk dungeons I'd add Shadow Lab to the list too

Strangely enough i still have all these reagents in my bank,they maybe grey now but for some reason i keep them for the nostalgia in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    when everyone had +2 weapon damage or minor beast slaying enchant on their weapons when levling for the cool factor.. and the rich kids went with Fiery weapon / icy weapon.

god i miss those days.
    And the poor but clever people went for the Fiery Weapon lookalike enchantment you got from a quest in Badlands!

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    Neither did I, but there was a crap ton of videos released because of it and songs...and stuff. But your still buying conjure food, just cause you smelted bars is still paying xD
    Not really, was income for me *grins* Smelting bars was more worth than conjure. *grins* I would still leave with 10+ bars pr. trade.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

Not sure if the crusader enchant dropped there (I got it but not sure from where) - but I famed it cause it had the most amount of gold/+chance ot get random world drops.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:25 PM ----------

I felt hamstringed everytime I flew with one of those...
    Indeed that choice between only land but moving faster or being able to fly over obstacles but at a snails pace... ahh but the feeling of flying back then when it was first out, was super fun

Not sure tbh. It was the longest iirc. It was also pretty hard compared a Scholomance/Strathome. But UBRS was pretty hard too.

I thought at first this thread was about Vanilla. But since it is not... I say the hardest instance was Shattered Halls, Arcatraz or The Black Moras.
    All in an unnerfed state.
    Yes but you could take 10-15 people into strat / scholo.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Halls of Reflection destroyed quite many groups as well, not sure if that was due to the difficulty or because people were dumbed down by the easiness of wotlk dungeons I'd add Shadow Lab to the list too
    Not sure, I never had any whatsoever issues with dungeons from beyond TBC. Well at Cata release I enjoyed myself again but I cannot remember which dungeons were so hard. None really stood out for me and I completed them far quicker (with fewer wipes) then the ones in TBC prenerf.

Shadowlabs was awesomely hard aswell and so were Steamvaults... Actually most of the TBC dungeons prenerf were awesomely hard. We went in with 2 tanks and 2 healers at first. But I think Black Moras was the hardest of them all. Almost no one could complete that on my server prenerf in preraidgear.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Yes but you could take 10-15 people into strat / scholo.
    True but they were also designed for that purpose. Later on they were nerfed to a 5 man dungeon. Tho I am not sure if the mobs became less hard.

If you want to keep it to original 5 mans... Dire Maul was pretty hard too. You tried to sneak passed as much trash as possible - only to have them attack you later on when you engaged another group.

True but they were also designed for that purpose. Later on they were nerfed to a 5 man dungeon. Tho I am not sure if the mobs became less hard.

If you want to keep it to original 5 mans... Dire Maul was pretty hard too. You tried to sneak passed as much trash as possible - only to have them attack you later on when you engaged another group.
    Yes and no, they were designed for 5 players but you could take more. The only way to do the quests in them was to take 5 players because you couldn't complete the quests in a raid.

It was kind of the original 'hardmode' to do them with 5 players.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

But I think Black Moras was the hardest of them all. Almost no one could complete that on my server prenerf in preraidgear.
    True, I don't think I ever saw someone with the 2h from Black Morass until people were overgearing heroics. BM probably takes the prize as #1 hardest heroic at launch. I couldn't even finish it on normal to get my Karazhan attunement, but I suck at healing. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Yes and no, they were designed for 5 players but you could take more. The only way to do the quests in them was to take 5 players because you couldn't complete the quests in a raid.

It was kind of the original 'hardmode' to do them with 5 players.
    UBRS was the only "raid" afaik in which you could complete quests. But really I never went into Strat/scholo as more then a 5 man. Well perhaps once when it was "new", I can't remember doing it any other way then in a /p.

But dude you don't have to convince me. I spend more time in WoW during vanilla then I had spent at work

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 02:08 PM ----------

True, I don't think I ever saw someone with the 2h from Black Morass until people were overgearing heroics. BM probably takes the prize as #1 hardest heroic at launch. I couldn't even finish it on normal to get my Karazhan attunement, but I suck at healing. ^^
    Not sure if it has much to do with you personally. A lot of people were struggling with getting to know their class again...
    I healed it - but paladins were a bit OP back then I think.

Field Marshal
    Mining: you had to pick multiple times on a node.

Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    Back in the days, taunt was on melee range only.
    Coincidentally, this is why people had to learn to supress their primal instincts, and run towards the tank instead of away from the tank when you pulled aggro.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

It was not that hard tbh. We had a mage shaman priest warrior rogue group. I was enhancement. We all had some normal blues with the odd heroic when it came to heroic BM. this was week 1 into launch afaik. We completed it after a few wipes. We basically had full buffs and raced as quickly as we could between packs using the dragons on cooldown.

Shadowlabs was a nightmare, just the trash packs mainly so many invisible mobs ¬_¬ Shattered halls was another. But it didnt take long for us to out gear those places and make it a lot easier. When we had some raid gear it was very easy. Not as easy as wrath heroics were when you had the same level of gear but still pretty easy :P

That said shadowlabs can DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. YOU EVIL INVISIBLE TRASH INFESTED MONSTER.

Did I mention I hated shadowlabs?

I also remember the day when we got the strat baron timed run done in time for the first time ever!

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    -pure hatred for SL-
    Haha I did mention SL earlier as being one fo the hardest! But I think BM/SL were hard in different ways. BM was more a strain on the healer (unless the dps were goooood) while SL groups were wiping due to all that goddamn trash, unlucky MC's on 2nd boss and people standing close on last boss >< Since I was a healer at the beginning of TBC I guess I might be a bit biased in this matter.

More OT: Remember back in the day when you were happily slaying hellboars in Hellfire, the ground began to shake and a giant Fel Reaver screw you over, leaving you terrified for the rest of the zone. And then having to go back to kill one at 70 to get the SH key, I barely dared to engage one even at 70 with a decent group because of my previous experiences with them.

Never thought Black Morass was hard, but Arcatraz and Shattered Halls - oh yeah!
    Back then usual pack was 3-4 mobs, and u could normally CC at least 2(and u had to, otherwise they'll rip your ass). In SH there were packs of 5 or 6! with a possibility of more coming if you didn't kill the main one fast enough. so u had to be in the group with 4 CCs to successfully go through that corridor.
    This made me remember that u could only do heroics once a day(no LFD ofc), but you would still be able to enter one. And clearing all that trash only to see that there's no boss there and realizing that someone is saved was... well, remarkable.
    Last edited by zloitima; 2013-02-11 at 02:05 PM.

o.O zloitima brins up a good one that I forgot about, Having to use CC's or face a wipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s. i want to see Sylvanas take a pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    This could NEVER be taken the wrong way. ._.