Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Strange how some people didn't feel BM hard.... I must add though that BM was nerfed like a few weeks from launch. So many people probably didn't even go there yet if they weren't level 70 in the first few days, grinded their asses off in NORMAL first to gain rep (revered) to gain access to heroic dungeons...

BM was piss easy after the nerf vs how it was before. BM postnerf became a very forgettable instance ever since.

Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    When pallies seals lasted 30 sec, got away in a judgement and had to be reapplied. And having no melee skills until crusader strike in TBC (i think?)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Strange how some people didn't feel BM hard.... I must add though that BM was nerfed like a few weeks from launch. So many people probably didn't even go there yet if they weren't level 70 in the first few days, grinded their asses off in NORMAL first to gain rep (revered) to gain access to heroic dungeons...

BM was piss easy after the nerf vs how it was before. BM postnerf became a very forgettable instance ever since.
    Before the nerf it was not that hard well i say that it was hard but we min/maxed our group and managed to get through it with out getting overwhelmed. (we basically left 1 guy behind to clean up any dragons that made it to medivh while the rest killed the next keeper)

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    I remember my first pally quest at lvl 40 to get my charger before it was just "learned" lol

There was no flight path in Camp Taurajo. You would have to run everywhere south of the Xroads.

There was also no FP in several zones at release. Period. Un'goro, Hinterlands, Burning Steppes all had to be traveled to on foot from other zones.

Finding Rexxar across three zones for the Onyxia attunement

Gadgetzhan roof snipers

Hillsbrad bein a terrifying gankfest for low level Horde

Resilience reduced damage from all enemies not just players. Solo'ing Zul'Gurub in resil gear to farm the mounts ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    There was no flight path in Camp Taurajo. You would have to run everywhere south of the Xroads.

There was also no FP in several zones at release. Period. Un'goro, Hinterlands, Burning Steppes all had to be traveled to on foot from other zones.

Finding Rexxar across three zones for the Onyxia attunement

Gadgetzhan roof snipers

Hillsbrad bein a terrifying gankfest for low level Horde
    Where is Rexxar now? I haven't seen him for years in Decolace... I always found it sad they dumped him there. Such a big hero he was. (I'm Alliance btw)

I used to beable to have fun by running around any zone.

Oh and you could actually world pvp as well!

...when no one knew where Mankrik's wife was...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Where is Rexxar now? I haven't seen him for years in Decolace... I always found it sad they dumped him there. Such a big hero he was. (I'm Alliance btw)
    I do believe Rexxar is chilling with his clan in Blade's Edge Mountains now.

@Khaza-R: Hinterlands/Burnings Steppes had FPs for Alliance. Although, I began playing somewhere around AQ release so it could've been fixed before that :s

I remember the days of 5min Paladin blessings with loathing, as it appeared that Paladins were by and large populated by complete dunces. Luckily our raid group had one single guy with a brain who could organise the others. But without him it broke down.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Resilience reduced damage from all enemies not just players. Solo'ing Zul'Gurub in resil gear to farm the mounts ftw.
    Hah, I remember that. It made things rather painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Hah, I remember that. It made things rather painless.
    Tanking heroics as an Arms warrior in vengeful/brutal gear ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    30-60 Minute Cooldowns (Shield Wall, Lay on Hands etc.)
    Training your weapon skills because an axe upgrade just dropped and your toon had never used axes before.
    Plainsrunning
    60% Flying mounts
    1000g for 100% ground (when earning 1000g might as well have been 1,000,000g now)
    Triple Proc windfury, were each extra attack from windfury could and often did proc it's own windfury
    Zul'Gurub and it's pandemic causing abandoned capital cities
    One Mail Box Per City
    AH only in IF and Org
    Water Dismounting you
    Walking until almost level 50 (some cases all the way to 60) because finding the 90 gold at level 40 was crazy hard early on
    BG queue times could be over an hour
    If you stayed in feign death for 6 minutes you actually died
    Queuing for BG's at the actual portal
    I wish they would bring this one back!You could click off the gryphon halfway through a flight path
    Druids only healed
    60 Second Breath Timer
    Undead had Infinite Water Breathing
    Mounts used a bag slot
    Alliance complained Horde got the good class (Shaman)
    good lord, I forgot so much of these

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    When you had to physically discover each flight path before you could use it.

It made sense from a logistics stand point - you have to know where you're going on the flying mount...

But I'm glad they changed it. Now I just pretend the gryphons know where they're going.
    I just realized they had implemented this when I hopped on my alt and lo and behold... all the flight paths were there. I was like, "I don't remember going to ALL these places on my main. Bless you Blizzard!"

you had to do a Qline in diremaul to get teh highest rank of conjure water.
    you made 4 water/cast of that water.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The Darnassus-Wetlands-Ironforge Marathon. Whether taking your human/dwarf/gnome to Darnassus, or your night elf/draenei to Irongforge, it was always an impressive trek for a low-level character.
    God this used to be awful. I remember researching maps online before making the trip, and then taking everyone's recommendation at the time and just doing it naked so you wouldn't incur a high repair bill.

The trip is so vivid to me, even now. There's was nothing worse than running naked down the road, seeing the warning that you're in combat and spinning the camera around to see a croc chasing you down. One bite, CHOMP, dead. Corpse run. Is he gone? Is the coast clear? Look all around, are you SURE? Yes. Click. "You are in combat." Noooooooooooo! Dead. Corpse run again. Everything good? Yes? Click. Run, run, run, run, run. "You are in combat." Swing camera around. Another croc. \scream like a girl

It took what felt like forever to make that run, and I can still remember my ribs hurting that night from laughing so hard.

Hey guys, I have found a really cool screen from vanilla. It makes me remember Seal of Command a lot. : )

I personally miss 40 man raids. The big guild types were always my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Individually clicking each and every flight path. Want to go from Winterspring to Silithus? You're going to be sitting at your PC the whole time, because the flight paths aren't connected. Yeah, I don't miss that.

Edit - Speaking of long treks! I remember getting Bjarn (rare bear that spawns in Dun Morogh) for my boyfriend..... on his troll hunter.... at level 10 or so. He wasn't all that familiar with hunters, and he really, really, really wanted a polar bear pet. I had an alt hunter, and knew all about the rare spawns (1.0 attack speed Broken Tooth, anyone?) so I told him I would help him out, and get it for him. Instead of telling him to wait and get a Winterspring bear around max level, I made the trek from Durotar to Dun Morogh. It literally took hours. Lucky for me, Bjarn was alive, so the actual tame was easy. Totally worth it. He was stoked and he still plays that hunter and uses that bear.
    Last edited by theycallmenannerpuss; 2013-02-11 at 09:53 PM.

Looking at a random level 60 warlock riding his fiery epic steed in IF and thinking "I can't wait to hit 60 to do an epic mount quest!"
    Later on, I helped my friend's pally do his epic mount quests.

Finally getting to 60 myself and finding out that the awesome reward from my class quest is... the ability to make a 4 stack of Conjured Crystal Water. The best part was using Vael's haste + infinite mana buff to make multiple stacks of it when a wipe had been called.