Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Remember back in the day...

We had to have reagents to cast buffs and had to reach a defense rating of 540 to even tank?
    "The ocean is a scary place. It's full of water and stuff."

Blessings were a 5 minute buff.

Cool days, I always gave 80 candles at the start of a raid to another priest because he liked to buff and I always "forgot".

The 540 defence was very anoying for a DK tank because I always had to port to the DK homeworld when I wanted to tank one 15mins run instead of DPS because if gemmed right the Gargoyle weapon enchant made you cap, so you couldn't just switch to tankgear and be done with it (if you used the same weapon for tank/dps)

Nostalgia goggles ACTIVATE!

Excuse me, are you saying something? Nah, you can't tell me nothing

It really doesn't feel that long ago but thinking about it, I guess it was a while ago now. Man, time flies /gets all nostalgic.

Having to organise with other paladins in a 25 man group which class we were casting which buffs on and sitting around endlessly as people screamed GIEF MIGHT, hmm maybe I don't miss them as much as I thought I did :P
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

Warlocks had to farm shards. And had Firestones and Spellstones for weapon enhancements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Having to run everywhere till level 40 and use flight paths, damn the trek to Booty Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It really doesn't feel that long ago
    That's right, I remember all this from WotLK as if it was yesterday :P

I remember the "run of death" trying to get a low level night elf to storm wind where those crocs would eat your ass about 5 times before making it to loc modan pass. I think the developers sat up on the hill and observed for the LOLS.

When you had to sit down and drink middle of fights as hunter, watching threat meter 24/7. wait for 3 sunders before you could attack.
    Farming fire ress potions and agility, running around on ground mount for herbs, and they didnt "shine" like they do today.. You had to actually look for them on the ground, and the grass... >_< Vanilla ranking system, and winning melee fight as hunter
    Paladin seals refresh every 20s (or around that), Spamming FoL in TBC, spamming HL in wrath, spamming DL in cata (hpala)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

When Paladins had Seal of Blood for Horde and Seal of Retribution for Alliance. When you had to refresh your seal after 30 seconds or each time you casted Judgement. When each class had a certain buff to bring to the raid. When you had melee fighting who would be in the Shaman group or in the Hunter's group.

The Darnassus-Wetlands-Ironforge Marathon. Whether taking your human/dwarf/gnome to Darnassus, or your night elf/draenei to Irongforge, it was always an impressive trek for a low-level character.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The Darnassus-Wetlands-Ironforge Marathon. Whether taking your human/dwarf/gnome to Darnassus, or your night elf/draenei to Irongforge, it was always an impressive trek for a low-level character.
    Couldn't you find a mage for a portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Wasn't that easy when said mage had to visit the city in question to learn the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    When Paladins had Seal of Blood for Horde and Seal of Retribution for Alliance. When you had to refresh your seal after 30 seconds or each time you casted Judgement. When each class had a certain buff to bring to the raid. When you had melee fighting who would be in the Shaman group or in the Hunter's group.
    I remember assigning each resto 3 groups to rejuv, and the boomkin had a group or 2 aswell (it's not like we brought them for their dps). Only one rejuv were allowed on a player at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

That was for noobs. The good players could walk through wetlands/loch modan without dying at level 10!

Oh btw, my Tauren hunter walked that because I wanted a snow leopard as a pet, and well crap, Dun Morogh was their home. But I didn't make it without dying <.< (That was walking from Undercity to "nearly" Gnomeregan at level 10)

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I remember assigning each resto 3 groups to rejuv, and the boomkin had a group or 2 aswell (it's not like we brought them for their dps). Only one rejuv were allowed on a player at a time.
    3 stack lifebloom on all tanks and just keep it rolling. What is this rejuv.

When you still knew where the dungeons were located in the world?

Back in the days, taunt was on melee range only.

Wasn't always that easy when my usual playtime was between 2:30 and 7 am EST (I worked nights at the time and popped on WoW to destress after work).

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.