Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I forgot one: really expensive ammo. Timeless Arrows were 1g 60s per stack of 200. That's 80 copper for every single attack. Doesn't sound like much now, but back then it was a serious drain on the bank.
    Don't complain too much though, hunters could evade a repairbill most of the time.

Mount Training cost alot & Mount weren't cheap either.

Opening the world map -> realising it doesnt show the direction you are facing -> closing it -> facing your character to the north -> opening it again.

for some reason this game me alot of trouble back then
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Opening the world map -> realising it doesnt show the direction you are facing -> closing it -> facing your character to the north -> opening it again.

for some reason this game me alot of trouble back then
    This caught me by surprise. I've never been thinking that this is an issue. If the map rotated I would've been completely lost in the Great Dark Beyond by now D: I wouldn't be able to tell from where I came and where north/south is at all. I tried enabling the rotatable minimap and I just couldn't find anything using that. >_<
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Wow, did this game really have that much depth back then? It sounds like I would enjoy some of these mechanics. Do you think they will add some of them back to the game?

While clearing MC my hunter used to pull nude to avoid broken gear if the tanks didn't manage to peel off me. (Way before misdirection).

walking to level 40 was a killer then having the slow mount for ages because you couldnt afford the 100% one

High Overlord
    Sapping other players and not flagging for pvp.. Oh the fun I had.

Normal flying mounts being 60% speed ... worse than your epic land mount.. lol

Ninja'ing stuff from Scarlet Monastery and selling to vendor for mount. Yeah I did that.
    I have plenty of good memories from ZG too.. I won the polymorph tome from the hydra boss you needed to fish up!

Tyr's Hand.
    Twilight Texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Tyr's Hand.
    Twilight Texts.
    tyr's hand was for the crusader enchant right? and people farmed there loads

[Raid:] BWAAAAHHHH! Guys, brb! Needz Symbol of Kings!
    [Raid Leader: DAMN YOU! Not again!
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Not sure if the crusader enchant dropped there (I got it but not sure from where) - but I famed it cause it had the most amount of gold/+chance ot get random world drops.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Normal flying mounts being 60% speed ... worse than your epic land mount.. lol
    I felt hamstringed everytime I flew with one of those...

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Start scarlet runs gave at least 2 orbs per run usually much easier to farm it!

Also people talked about relics, pfft I remember when we had no such thing and I used the ghost buster thing that went into the relic slot as a shaman. It was a quest item from desolace I think.

When relics were added I went into BRD to collect mine!

Also sentry totem back when you could use it to float in the air. you would plant it on a cliff jump off and you simply clicked the totem buff icon and you would stop falling and view everything from the totems POV. Great little tool.

Also when far sight was useful for exploration AND in use in battle grounds. Back in the day before the armoury or when the score displayed their rank, and before cross realm BGS. I used farsight to view the other forces before the battle started. In AB you simply far sighted all the way to the gate and I would have to look at their gear on there models. I could at a glance tell who the threats were and our fixed team would then know. I also told our guys who on their team went where at the start, I was hardcore PVP then before I joined a pve guild :P

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The Darnassus-Wetlands-Ironforge Marathon. Whether taking your human/dwarf/gnome to Darnassus, or your night elf/draenei to Irongforge, it was always an impressive trek for a low-level character.
    Oh please dont remind me of those days, Took me nearly forever to get to IF and then to wetlands on my first char with no mount :P.

OT: Remember when buffs had the "greater" ability and required a symbol of kings? and mounts where at lvl 30 instead of 20. Oh yeah and most importantly Volley! I kinda loved that spell when I first got it :C sadly its gone now
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-02-11 at 12:32 PM.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Oh please dont remind me of those days, Took me nearly forever to get to IF and then to wetlands on my first char with no mount :P.

OT: Remember when buffs had the "greater" ability and required a symbol of kings? and mounts where at lvl 30 instead of 20. Oh yeah and most importantly Volley! I kinda loved that spell when I first got it :C sadly its gone now
    Mounts were at 40 not 30

BRD was the hardest instance in the game.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Nah, wasn't that hard... The hard part was convincing people to stay for the full run
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Not sure tbh. It was the longest iirc. It was also pretty hard compared a Scholomance/Strathome. But UBRS was pretty hard too.

I thought at first this thread was about Vanilla. But since it is not... I say the hardest instance was Shattered Halls, Arcatraz or The Black Moras.
    All in an unnerfed state.