Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Grunt
    I remember back in the day, when everything was much worse than it is now, but because it was all new stuff to me.. it was great. Now everything is better, but because I've played the game for 7 years, it just doesn't feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooldelka View Post
    I remember back in the day, when everything was much worse than it is now, but because it was all new stuff to me.. it was great. Now everything is better, but because I've played the game for 7 years, it just doesn't feel the same.
    Wow so much wisdom is in this post (no sarcasm)

lf3m up hc, need tank and healer

lf3m up hc, need tank and healer + 2 dps

lf3m up hc, need tank and healer + 1 dps

lf3m up hc, need tank
    lf3m up hc, need tank
    lf3m up hc, need tank

lf3m up hc, need healer
    lf3m up hc, need healer
    lf3m up hc, need healer

finally done lets go boys!

Jk wipe everyone leaves

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:15 PM ----------

This! 90 % of the people here seem too dumb to get this tho

Lfm ubrs need key last spot

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Lfm ubrs need key last spot
    This was the reason my friend as a rogue got the key (I eventually did it my self so as healer with a key I always got in) People would say FULL ON ROGUES, he linked the key, gets the last spot!

I think the key also gave you the vael mini event/buff on rend?

This is so very true The mystery wears off after playing so long, I still love the game, but that feeling of aww won't come back

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    This was the reason my friend as a rogue got the key (I eventually did it my self so as healer with a key I always got in) People would say FULL ON ROGUES, he linked the key, gets the last spot!

I think the key also gave you the vael mini event/buff on rend?
    Yes very true.

Eventually I got the key too. But this was around the end of Vanilla. I didn't know the questchain that started it. Turned out that I already did most of it save accepting the last 2 quests leading up to it.

Getting that Lupos pet (Wolf) that did shadow damage and could solo warriors of my own level
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

I do remember the dark ages too (TBC->), some of it i miss... Some of it i dont . Still remember doin the druid quests for the shapeshifts or was it just the seacow form?... Well anyways... Goodtimes =). Have alot of screenies from them ages.. Most of Wrath i lost cause i forgot to backup when i was reinstalling Windows.. Even recorded few vids of me doin random stuff with friends and on my own... And still have em on Yt :P.
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, but also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else’s work doesn’t necessarily turn you into one either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Street Fighter MMORPG! Can you imagine everyone just hurricane kicking and tuna boating all over the place. This sounds like an awesome game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yes very true.

Eventually I got the key too. But this was around the end of Vanilla. I didn't know the questchain that started it. Turned out that I already did most of it save accepting the last 2 quests leading up to it.
    Heh I think you got it when you went to vael and you spoke to him in LBRS on a bit of rock or something in a dark corner of the dungeon?

Also, I wish I had kept many of my pictures from those times. I regret not making backups! :P

I remember dieing in BRM for the first time and doing a corpse run only to find a ghost with a quest. For the BRD key...... you clever clever girl blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Heh I think you got it when you went to vael and you spoke to him in LBRS on a bit of rock or something in a dark corner of the dungeon?

Also, I wish I had kept many of my pictures from those times. I regret not making backups! :P

I remember dieing in BRM for the first time and doing a corpse run only to find a ghost with a quest. For the BRD key...... you clever clever girl blizzard.
    Oh yeah that dwarf in the center of BRM (thats being kept together by chains). Yeah it took me a while to die actually and then I saw it. Guildies said like: there is a dwarf here with a quest for me. And me standing there alive and well didn't see anything. So I decided to burn myself to death in the lava and voila...

And yes that dark corner on a huge stone... I was like.. who is that guy... but his name was something with Vael in it (not his full dragon name). It was funny cause obviously as you can see my name is Vael too. It made it weird for me aswell... as at first I didn't know there was a joke about "kite him to Vael's room". And as I was sorta a funny guy in my guild, making penis jokes all the time (back then...) I had a TS channel that said: Vael's closet. So I thought they were referring to me... Did I get a shock there! The world didn't revolve around me?!?!?! haha

As a shaman in neutral towns it was better to turn your lightning shield off, people would attack you and then drop combat (vanish/feign) and you would get killed by the guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Magruun View Post
    As a shaman in neutral towns it was better to turn your lightning shield off, people would attack you and then drop combat (vanish/feign) and you would get killed by the guards.
    Haha was something similar with Retribution aura. If you were near a horde encampment (not in it) and had Retri aura on and got hit by the guards but weren't actually engaging the enemy horde guards... you would still get pvpflagged.

Quote Originally Posted by furcouch514 View Post
    Mages had to put 3 points in arcane explosion to make it instant (1.5sec cast).
    was 5 points actually, each removing 0.3sec from the cast

I also recall healers being in shorter supply than tanks, at least on the server I played on.
    "Enjoy your power"

On my server I ran on alts all the time early on. I would be running around in the barrens and inevitably some quest question would come over chat, where I was the god of questing back then. I probably helped 3 dozen shaman get their fire totems. That damn hill in Durotar that no one knew where to go.

I remember the Tanking bit.

Crossroad raids, oh how I miss thee...

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    Remember back in the day mages had to show up early for raids to conjure food AND water separately for each player?

Remember back in day to cast buffs on the entire raid required reagents?

Remember back in day you had a wait a day after playing battlegrounds to get your honor points?
    Oh god... I AM NOT A VENDING MACHINE

Another one!

When Whirlwind (and later on Divine Storm as well) were used in single target rotations. That change isn't that old but I sure as hell miss it! Fury/Ret rotations/priority systems were more fun in tbc/wotlk respectively. :C

That sums it up pretty much.