Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh god... I AM NOT A VENDING MACHINE
    Yes you were. ]:|

I still don't understad why Tier 11 mage shoulders were given to priests. They were obviously waterfountains.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

I remember back in Vanilla I put in trade /2 Whisper almasy he is giving out free portals to any city

He was semi afk then went WTF when he noticed so many whispers

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I remember back in Vanilla I put in trade /2 Whisper almasy he is giving out free portals to any city

He was semi afk then went WTF when he noticed so many whispers
    Almost as fun as "Galleon is up, whisper (name) for inv", eh?
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Almost as fun as "Galleon is up, whisper (name) for inv", eh?
    The simplest trolls are the best

I also remember the day I got a realm first. Herbalist on my shaman khalltusk. 1st night of wrath my mate got realm first skinning. I wondered if I could get herbalism up as fast and sure enough 2hours later boom! got the achievement and a realm announcement.

MY client was flooded with whispers. Some ranged from gz etc and some were "NO LIFER" which was ironic as this was 1 or 2am in the morning or something. The pot was calling the kettle black.

I also remember when shamans had to use leather until level 40 same with hunters.
    Paladins and warriors used mail until 40 and got plate. Really odd game design back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    I remember the "run of death" trying to get a low level night elf to storm wind where those crocs would eat your ass about 5 times before making it to loc modan pass. I think the developers sat up on the hill and observed for the LOLS.
    first time I did this I had a brilliant idea, ofc I was a night elf and had the racial to run faster as a ghost, so I'd die and run to the graveyard outside ironforge and spirit ress, only to be brought back to life at the graveyard closest to my corpse in wetlands, I cried a little.

I also remember when shamans had to use leather until level 40 same with hunters.
    Paladins and warriors used mail until 40 and got plate. Really odd game design back then.
    I thought it still was like this? Hunter/Shaman can use mail heirlooms from lvl 1 and Warrior/Paladin for plate, but I don't think they can equip any other items of such armor quality until lvl 40..
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

I remember when enchants actually looked nice [Enchant Weapon - Major Healing] +81 healing, TBC... RIP in peace.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=34010/e...ng#screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I thought it still was like this? Hunter/Shaman can use mail heirlooms from lvl 1 and Warrior/Paladin for plate, but I don't think they can equip any other items of such armor quality until lvl 40..
    Is it? I knew heirlooms could be used etc but I assumed it went to other armour forms as well? Shows you how much I level alts :P

Is it? I knew heirlooms could be used etc but I assumed it went to other armour forms as well? Shows you how much I level alts :P
    Pretty sure it still is, otherwise my lvl 26 shaman has been getting secretly laughed at in dungeons >_<
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

I remember when Inner Fire was an Attack Power buff.
    Last edited by DarkSavior; 2013-02-13 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Pretty sure it still is, otherwise my lvl 26 shaman has been getting secretly laughed at in dungeons >_<
    You're correct.

The mail heirlooms downgrade to leather while the character uses it (and plate downgrades to mail, etc.). Then automatically upgrades once you hit the correct level.

The horrors..

Using Beastslaying +2 on your weapon because you wanted to look like a Twink in the 10-19 bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You're correct.

The mail heirlooms downgrade to leather while the character uses it (and plate downgrades to mail, etc.). Then automatically upgrades once you hit the correct level.
    MY god! I never new that silly systems still in place (mail for plate users early on etc) I assumed it was changed when I started leveling my alts with "plate" heirlooms lol.

...when druids ONLY had combat res that also required reagent AND had 30 minutes CD. And having to wait 10 minutes for dead people to catch up every time someone died in an instance if you ran without paladin/shaman or priest.

OLD TALENT TREES FULL OF USELESS JUNK!
    Last edited by Muoteck; 2013-02-13 at 11:44 AM.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Swirly Ball anyone?

How about when crafting professions had specializations...blacksmiths could go armor (mail/plate) or weapon (mace, sword ax); leatherworkers could go tribal, elemental, or dragonscale; tailors were moon, shadow or firecloth...engineers were gnomish or goblin.

Mithril Order and the Thorium Brotherhood

Imp Sap

Having weapon swapping macros on the healers for Spell Surge

Sneaky Ninja like Devilsaurs

Linken's Sword

When flight paths were finally connected but it still took 20 min. to fly from Darn to Un'goro.

When pretty much every tier of raiding had a resist fight.

Warlock raiding was 1 backpack and every other bag soul shard bags.....

Twinks in tbc using the leg armor/spell thread enchants

4 hour queues to get into a 20 hour long AV

Night Elves couldn't use guns and gnomes couldn't use bows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Epic!
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    We had to have reagents to cast buffs and had to reach a defense rating of 540 to even tank?
    that wasn't too long ago. Defense rating came along at..80 was it?

I remember so much about vanilla. druids in mc for ooc rezzers, i got brought along for only that reason. I'd always bear teabag the corpse then rez.
    I remember being a blessing bot on my pally in mc and bwl.
    Farming shards, dreadstead quest, the pet quests, and just goofy stuff on my lock

watching the mage spend a good 15 minutes making food/water (no mana/hp biscuits, you had hp biscuits and mana biscuits if i remember right)

Replacing my oh so sexy dreadmist helm with a hat that woudl give you booze every hour or so.

I remember lvl70 arena, the first season being so crazy and unbalanced.

While most of this stuff was certainly bloat, it did make it feel like an RPG.

Now, it feels arcadey. It's a constant bid for more loot. Yeah leveling weapon skill stunk, but you felt attached to your character, you felt like your character earned something.

Bloodsail Admiral Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Ice-Threaded and Iceblade arrows which had a frosty blue glow when you fired them )=

blizz should totally make them in to a glyph
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.