Thread: Cat Chat! >^.^<

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think my cat is addicted to table scraps due to my stupid mistakes, any way to prevent my cant from jumping on the table or in the sink looking for scraps. Ive tried everything.

Quote Originally Posted by xmattblackx View Post
    I think my cat is addicted to table scraps due to my stupid mistakes, any way to prevent my cant from jumping on the table or in the sink looking for scraps. Ive tried everything.
    Get a squirty bottle, fill it with tap water. Squirt it at the cat when it does something you don't want it to do. They usually stop fairly quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there guys, i'm a dog owner but i saw these video in 9gagtv, the video is about how much attachment have a cat with his/her owner:

Imo that's really sad if its really that way D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Imo that's really sad if its really that way D:
    That cat was just an ass. D: I've seen enough cats who greet their owners when they arrive home. Including my kitten. She also meows when I close her in bathroom or when I sit on my chair in a position that makes it impossible for her to jump on the chair to sleep next to me. She's been so wuss about these things lately that I've started to bring her to grocery shop with me, just so she doesn't have to be away from me. Crazy cat lady, I know. D:

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Let me start: I have three boys.

Loki is an almost-5-year-old longhair. He's extremely good natured and sweet. Couldn't hurt you if he tried. I've had this cat since he was born, since I had his mother (who INSISTED I be there for his birth).
    Talk about an unfitting name.

I have one cat, who has slowly evolved into an amorphous furry blob. I'm pretty sure the neighbor cats bully and call him names (get out of here Nonads, this is tomcat territory!) because he comes back with scratches once in a while.

I love that little furball, and he willingly lets me sleep in his house. Win win.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-12-17 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    That cat was just an ass. D: I've seen enough cats who greet their owners when they arrive home. Including my kitten. She also meows when I close her in bathroom or when I sit on my chair in a position that makes it impossible for her to jump on the chair to sleep next to me. She's been so wuss about these things lately that I've started to bring her to grocery shop with me, just so she doesn't have to be away from me. Crazy cat lady, I know. D:
    For a strange reason i imagined your cat was an imp O.o

Yeah, i have also seens these, but the question is... those a cat is as attached to his/her owner as the dogs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    but the question is... those a cat is as attached to his/her owner as the dogs?
    NOTHING is attached to its owner as much as dogs.

WHOOHOO! There is a cat thread! I don't have to make one! I feel kind of bad bumping this four months, but my post is completely relevant.

I will admit I've never been a cat person. I've always largely disliked cats. Maybe I just never had the right cat...most of them all seem pretty similar with vague personality differences.

That said, my girlfriend got a cat a few months after we moved into our apartment and he is different. He's almost a year old now. He is a polydactyl(sp?), in that he has an extra toe/claw. I honestly can't picture him without them now, but it was hilarious watching him walk as a kitten. He actually sits like a dog would when he wants food, and lets me mess with him without retaliating. I actually trained him to shake hands (or paws?), something I've never been able to do with ANY cat before (and I've tried). He even will give high-five if your put your hand far up in the air (He wont actually JUMP, but he'll stand on his back legs). It's the coolest crap ever. He'll usually only do it for food though. If he's calmed down enough he'll do it for no reason, which is pretty neat.

He licks faces and is always sleeping right by the door we leave at when we come home from work (he never is any other time). He's always the most affectionate right after we wake up and come home, and always the most hyper and obnoxious in between. When one of us is home and the other is gone, he never lays by the door. It's really weird, as I heard cats aren't the types to care if their owners are gone.

He also responds to dogs well. He doesn't act nervous, scared, or anything. He wont hiss, growl, meow, anything. He'll actually approach the dogs nose and sniff them. He doesn't like getting licked, he tries to avoid that. He is an indoor cat, but recently me and my girlfriend are trying to leash train him to the outdoors. I've been turning to Google for advice but from what I am reading it says that cats will never follow humans around like a dog would. This saddens me as I am really hoping I can take him for walks around a finite area.

At first he acted very nervous. He was shaking nervously, wouldn't go too far, and wanted back in. We've taken him outside several times since then (On a harness, of course), and he is responding much better now. He still wont walk around too much, and he only wants to go where he wants to go. I can't persuade him to go where I want to go. He acts completely disinterested in food while outside, so I can't bribe him with that. I haven't even been able to find one person claiming their cat walks with them like a dog would.

Most people are probably thinking right now "It sounds like you want a dog". Well, yes, I am more of a dog person :P This cat is freakin cool though :|

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any but I want one! just not sure if it's better to adopt or buy

Adopt, for sure! You're saving a life that often would otherwise be ended. Cats that you buy often have a ton of health problems, too, 'cause of how they're bred to look a certain way.

We have a bengal that we adopted from a friend, and a stray kitty. The bengal has a lot of health problems... it's really a pain. Nothing seems to fix it. And I've heard they cost $1k-2k. The stray is fine though, medically (And cheap!). And he's all warm and cozy instead of being run over!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing this was in reply to my post and I'm pretty sure I will be adopting for those reasons. I much rather save a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by yerika View Post
    Adopt, for sure! You're saving a life that often would otherwise be ended. Cats that you buy often have a ton of health problems, too, 'cause of how they're bred to look a certain way.

We have a bengal that we adopted from a friend, and a stray kitty. The bengal has a lot of health problems... it's really a pain. Nothing seems to fix it. And I've heard they cost $1k-2k. The stray is fine though, medically (And cheap!). And he's all warm and cozy instead of being run over!

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    We currently have 2 cats, an orange tabby named Scoobi and a black and white cat named Samson. Pictures when I am not too lazy to pull them off my phone

http://i.imgur.com/zTSbhz9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OgoOYfR.jpg

The gray one is a bit of a fat fuck, but she's adorable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Umm, I have two cats that I'd love to get rid of...

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    imgur. com/Wjx2Szi

Finally pulled the images off my phone. The little tortoiseshell in the back is Lola but we lost her earlier this year.

Deleted
    Sheba will get cut on Wednesday, wish her luck, gosh I'm nervous. :c

2 cats (1 is mine, 1 is roommates). Both black, mine more of the mini panther look, named Denzel.

I brought him home as a tiny little kitten, went outside to bring in the rest of the cat stuff, came inside and he somehow, someway got up on top of my bed and was laying there right in the middle. I thought to myself, only Denzel Washington could walk into a room and completely own it in such a quick amount of time (and, you know, black). That's how he got his name.

I had originally wanted a siamese or abyssinian, but went with adoption (vs finding a breeder.... somewhere) once we were able to have pets.

I love all cats. Tiny to the big cats. My favorite planeswalker in Magic the Gathering is Ajani, since he's a leonin (big walking/talking lion). I'd be one of those assholes that owns a lion and would fuck up and couldn't take care of him after a few years

Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2014-08-12 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    One cat, his name is Teemo. He is adorable and l wouldn't change him for anything.. he is my baby

i have a 3 year old orange and white manx. his name is milo, i got him from the humane society. he acts like a combination of a guard dog and a toddler.

7+ Year Old Account
    3 cats...1 tuxedo grey/white cat, 1 calico, 1 orange tabby. The first two were adopted as teeny kittens from the humane society, the orange tabby is a rescue that I fostered for a local shelter and couldn't give up.