Thread: Dead Space 3

Dead Space 3

Just played the first hour of this game and hom a god! amazing seriously im already hooked on it it has story, plot and action if you havent bough this game yet or havent play any of the series go get em.

I just cant believe how well done it is, havent been this hooked on a single player game foor a long time, its getting me all giddy!

10+ Year Old Account
    i admit. when i heard about cover system and gunfights i was kinda in a meh. But almost non of that stuff happen that most of the time early in the chapters XD
    Its realy a good third part for Dead space

No Tusk Club.

its just a "Shooter" that resembles dead space, theres no more parts that scare the shit out of you, and the plot sucks, youll see it eventually.

Deleted
    Started playing today but i'm scared the shit out. Those monsters are really creepy :l

Jump scares and suspense kill me :| im just a complete schmuck when it comes to those two lol, gota play with the lights on :P

calm down haters, some people will like the story, even if you yourself have declared it to be shitty.

thankyouverymuch!

btw: the dead space series rocks!

Currently playing it thru with a friend of mine. The scare-levels are a tad lower but thats mostly due to us playing coop, knowing someone having your backside covered reduces the level of panic that I felt in 1 and 2 (Is there something behind me?!?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    Currently playing it thru with a friend of mine. The scare-levels are a tad lower but thats mostly due to us playing coop, knowing someone having your backside covered reduces the level of panic that I felt in 1 and 2 (Is there something behind me?!?!?)
    So true, just having someone in the same room with me normally calms be down a bit as im not left alone with my imagination :|

Quote Originally Posted by caffeiine View Post
    its just a "Shooter" that resembles dead space, theres no more parts that scare the shit out of you, and the plot sucks, youll see it eventually.
    Clearly not played the game. How about you play it before forming an opinion instead of talking out of your arse.

Deleted
    I've not played much yet, only on Chapter 6 I think. I thought it was a bit of a slow start to be honest and definitely has a grind to it. Still, it's actually better than I thought it would be so far, pretty impressed with the PC port. Looks great, plays smooth, I haven't really gotten into the plot much though. Scare wise, I've heard it's a lot scarier later on so I don't know, I am quite prone to being jumpy. The two times I jumped most so far were when a broken pinball machine suddenly went off and I wasn't expecting it, and when my co-op partner kindly tossed a corpse right at my face after I'd concluded it was definitely dead and wasn't going to be moving... playing with 2 people definitely takes some of the scare away from the mobs jumping out at you, because you can just stand back to back or cover two different entrances and you're a lot less likely to get surprised.

People often complain that at start, game floods you with medpaks. There is a reason for that: enemies and containers dont drop salvage during the tutorial, which equals less variables, which equals more medpaks. I was playing at hard, and I was begging for medpaks (and even ammo) at certain stages.

Also, Thats no fucking moon!
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-02-10 at 03:04 PM.

Only thing I didn't like was that all weapons use the same ammo. I loved it in dead space 2 where I had to aim carefully because I was allways low on ammo.
    Rifle + shotgun = win. used it from begining to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddy and I just beat this last night in co-op. Ultimately, it was quite fun, but the scare factor is lessened when you have someone there with you (especially on voice). Still a very good game imo, and there is some replay value with the new game+ modes.

10+ Year Old Account