Poll: Worst Expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Worst Expansion?

In line with the recent best expansion post, curious what most people think is the worst expansion/part of WoW.

By far for me is LK. I didn't play Vanilla but BC/MoP are my favorite.

EDIT: Two thoughts after reading so many comments:

(1) Many of you can't read, or only bother reading thread titles. "Expansion/part" I am well aware Vanilla is not an expansion.

(2) I am really curious (and always have been) about the Cata hate. I suspect a large percentage of it is from players who started in Wrath, and dislike the drastic change Cata took on Wrath design. If there were a way to do it, I wish I could poll just those who have played since Vanilla/early-BC and see if the large Cata percentage drops to more even w/Wrath (as I suspect currently it might).
    Last edited by Harakhte; 2013-02-10 at 06:09 PM.

Vanilla ain't a expansion :P.

Started in closed beta so I have to pick BC because it gave us welfare gear and the deterioration of the community.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Vanilla ain't a expansion :P.
    That's why I said expansion/part. Read the OP before commenting. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    In line with the recent best expansion post, curious what most people think is the worst expansion/part of WoW.

By far for me is LK. I didn't play Vanilla but BC/MoP are my favorite.
    What a great new thread that goes along with the poll below this one!

Deleted
    I think this current one is going to be my least favourite, and only because of increasing "fuck off if you dont raid/LFR"-thing. Everything else is very good.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is one of those threads where people claim that <X expansion> was the best despite hating it while it was current, isn't it?

For me though, Wrath was when I had the most fun I think.
    Dunno, I hated LK when it was live with a passion. Only time since I started wow that I ever took a break and stopped playing for 4 months.

I actually enjoyed Cata, but the poll seems to so far line up with sentiment when that xpac was out... the waves of QQ over Cata boggled me, I thought it was a pretty good xpac, though I didn't raid or pvp after the first patch... which may be why. =)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really even a contest? Revamp no one saw, record expansion of LF, the year without content, SW/ORG, dragging character storylines through the mud....

Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I started playing late BC and just recently stopped playing.
    I think that Cata is the worst expansion, simply due to the lack of stuff to do. The raids were small (except for the first ones which were too huge), with very few actually interesting fights. The leveling content was the worst I've had to play through, at least when playing through it multiple times, due to lack of choice.
    I'm not saying Cata didn't have any bright spots, but they were quite eclipsed by the bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm just really didn't do it for me. I liked a lot of its features, but the disjointed areas, the ridiculously hard 5 mans, and the lackluster talent change really sucked the fun out of the expansion. Also my most wanted race, Worgens, just seemed to be neutered. I understand that they wanted them to be Druids, but I really feel that Worgens should have also been Shaman instead of Dwarves (Worgens should be Monks also). I did enjoy the introduction of Goblins though. Gnome vs Goblin fights are hilarious.

Also It didn't help that the last patch seemed to last forever.

It was a good effort by Blizzard, but it just fell flat.

Deleted
    Cata sucked and I'd have to make a Red Letter Media-long video about what's wrong with it in order to get all of my complaints about it across.

Cata, the ONE good thing to come from it was Reforging / transmog. The zone revamps were nice but no one ever gets to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    I started playing late BC and just recently stopped playing.
    I think that Cata is the worst expansion, simply due to the lack of stuff to do. The raids were small (except for the first ones which were too huge), with very few actually interesting fights. The leveling content was the worst I've had to play through, at least when playing through it multiple times, due to lack of choice.
    I'm not saying Cata didn't have any bright spots, but they were quite eclipsed by the bad.
    The only Largish Raid was Bastion of Twilight, The Throne of the 4 winds was 5 platforms, and Blackwing's lair was 7 boss rooms and 3 trash packs, it was tiny. Firelands however was large, and Dragon Soul was large as well but it was shrunk by the fact you seen it all before.

Of course, I wasn't in BC during its high time, but every time I go back there, the whole of Outland, its raids, and its xpac storyline just seem so dull. Luckily LFD and PvP has made leveling alts there relatively quick and painless. I personally think it would have been pretty dull and pointless, but I'm sure people feel the same about Wrath and Cata now with MoP out.

As for xpacs I've actually played (Wrath, Cata, MoP), Cata was the worst. Not much worse, but still not as good as wrath and mope. What saved Cata in my eyes was being able to power level and easily gear 8 other alts by the end of the xpac, along with my main. I also got some regular raiding done. But the lackluster lore, plot, and upsetting final patch (save for transmog) also ruined it. Therefore, I like BC the least, but I can only fairly judge Cata.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Deleted
    I loved cata and the way it re-emplemented raids with the old-school feel to it, such as Blackrock Caverns/BWD

But I must say I dont like MoP that much

MOP is worst for me, coz my oppinion depends from pvp quality.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm, sorry but it's that simple bad leveling and weak story (whilst the deathwing story line is amazing). Brought some good things, but not enough to make up for the bad stuff.

TBC > WotLK > MoP = Cataclysm
    Hi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    The only Largish Raid was Bastion of Twilight, The Throne of the 4 winds was 5 platforms, and Blackwing's lair was 7 boss rooms and 3 trash packs, it was tiny. Firelands however was large, and Dragon Soul was large as well but it was shrunk by the fact you seen it all before.
    DS was the biggest raid ever. It covered half of northrend and the maelstrom.

It was small because dragons and portals made it into just a bunch of platforms with trash waves and then a boss.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Vanilla/BC/MoP >>>>> Cata >> Wrath