Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Hindus throwing their hat in the ring (Oklahoma)

Apparently, the floodgates are open.

They might have been able to weasel their way out of accepting the Satanism monument, but it's going to be a little harder to get around this one.

This makes me giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

http://www.abpnews.com/culture/socia...y#.Uqm_1-LWuyk

Always good to see not everyone has their head so far up their ass!

Though to be fair, I'm less opposed to it if it results in a giant green monkey statue.

MOAR! We need MOAR statues! Come on, Flying Spagetti Monster statue!

I'd rather a non-stupid world where we separated churches from the state, but I suppose tons of random statues will push us there.

Why can't people treat religion as a personal affair. If I wanted to see a Giant Monkey (no offence) or anything else I would visit the appropriate temple. Holy moly this is beyond bemusing now. This is just bordering on stupidity, if I can't wear a cross with my uniform in my JOB because it would offend other faiths, then how is the statue of Satan/giant green monkey not offensive?
    Great Uther's ghost, it's chasing after us! Squire, do something! Throw rocks at it! I have no plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    Why can't people treat religion as a personal affair. If I wanted to see a Giant Monkey (no offence) or anything else I would visit the appropriate temple. Holy moly this is beyond bemusing now. This is just bordering on stupidity, if I can't wear a cross with my uniform in my JOB because it would offend other faiths, then how is the statue of Satan/giant green monkey not offensive?
    You seem to be implying the problem is with the people trying to donate the Satan and monkey statues, but in fact they seem to be doing it to spur the removal of a Ten Commandments statue from state property.

What Nixx said. This isn't an "oh boy we can stick a statue on the lawn" move, it's a "we disagree that the Ten Commandments statue should be allowed, but if it is, let's mock it by surrounding it with as much stuff from any other religious or pseudo-religious group we can" move.

Man this stuff never gets old. Watching special snowflakes complain is always amusing no matter what the venue is.

Why can't people treat religion as a personal affair.
    Pretty sure that is the point they are trying to get across. Since they opened the door to make 1 religion public the rest should be allowed too.

Now they just need a huge Jedi statue and it will be EPIC.
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

Soon...the people that praise the Egyptian gods shall come and lay down 400 statues to their gods.. Then and only then shall Ok sink into the ground and produce the worlds largest swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    MOAR! We need MOAR statues! Come on, Flying Spagetti Monster statue!
    A giant Haruhi figurine is already in the making
    Story is a lie, there is only cuteness.
    Through cuteness, I gain lolis.
    Through lolis, I gain waifus.
    Through waifus, I buy merchandise to fund the industry
    The Moe shall free me.

The funny thing, it isn't about religious exercise or rights of any kind.

This is nothing but spite, pure and simple.

If this was any other religion it wouldn't even be acknowledged but because it is Ten-Commandments this is happening.

I find it funny that people preach tolerance to others and don't show it themselves, the hypocrisy is laughable.

In an expensive beach front condo I don't deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nictuswolf View Post

If this was any other religion it wouldn't even be acknowledged but because it is Ten-Commandments this is happening.

I find it funny that people preach tolerance to others and don't show it themselves, the hypocrisy is laughable.
    Bullshit, put anything islamic in the spot of the ten commandments and the christians would lose their fucking minds.

Which is why all this religious shit needs to be where it belongs, private venues of worship.
    Last edited by SourceOfInfection; 2013-12-12 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Her head is so far up her own asshole that I'm surprised she's not on the list of people she's fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nictuswolf View Post

The government needs to be areligious (saying that instead of "atheistic" so people don't interpret it as some sort of preferential treatment for atheists). Unfortunately because many people are Christians in this country, they hold a lot of influence and unfortunately do not always stop to think about how their actions apply to a non-Christian situation. Hopefully when non-Christian religions start trying to insert their own religion and religious symbols into the government as Christians often do, the Christians who are now crying foul will stop and realize how everyone else feels about their behavior.

At the very least they'll probably get rid of the statue just to get rid of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What Nixx said. This isn't an "oh boy we can stick a statue on the lawn" move, it's a "we disagree that the Ten Commandments statue should be allowed, but if it is, let's mock it by surrounding it with as much stuff from any other religious or pseudo-religious group we can" move.
    Or maybe other people want their religion there also, since that is how the legislature passed reads.
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Needs more Pastafarian statues

When you allow one you have to allow them all. Best not to get involved in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's pretty funny. I want to see a horde of statues surrounding the 10 commandments. Anything people come up with can be a religion so the ride can never end! This is why the state and religion need to be separate.
    Xyllt, 10000, Social Worker, transracial, posthuman genderghostly mythical creature
    Prounouns: zim/ zip /zhang
    **Proud Non-Euclidean Non-Tertiary Fictionkin**