Thread: Macros

Deleted

Macros

Do I need macros to be top tier pvp player? Actually I dont even understand what those macros are for.

Thanks.

Yes you do, some focus interrupt, fear, charge macro is an absolute MUST, no one can as fast as an focus interrupt with switching targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially when addons are prohibited in tournaments.

Deleted
    Can you be more precise? Like I said, im not familiar with what macros are for.

10+ Year Old Account
    It allows you to perform multiple actions with a single button like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /petpassive
    /petfollow
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cast Invisibility

The most common macros people use are for pretargeted focus, arenatarget, or party abilities. Basically these let you control/interrupt/etc. units that you don't have targeted faster and more easily. You don't really need to have a setup like that, but faster reactions on your interrupts and instant ccs will have a noticeable effect on your play. If you're just more comfortable only using your normal target frame, I'd at least recommend binding arena targets so you can switch them more quickly and accurately.

Edit: These look something like:

/cast [@focus] polymorph

When used, this macro would start casting polymorph on your focus target instead of your current target. With a few macros like this, you can control one player while damaging another, for example.
    Last edited by asb; 2013-02-10 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    I have changed targets using tab, but problem is that it often times picks up target i did not mean to target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you definitely do. Macros are probably the next most important thing after keybinds.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have changed targets using tab, but problem is that it often times picks up target i did not mean to target.
    And that's why you use specific macros for your focus target, mouseover target and your target/focus arena 123.
    Clicking on a frame, or tabbing and hoping you have the right target is a waste of time if you play on a very high level

Deleted
    Warrior macro.

/cast Charge
    /cast Hamstring

It makes you charge your target and apply hamstring

Deleted
    Macros do offer an edge, I find it always pays to use a few of them.

I have in the past done pvp without macros (mostly due to being lazy to set them up for an alt), yes you can still compete but it is making it harder for yourself.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Especially when addons are prohibited in tournaments.
    he doesnt know how macros work, lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

but yes. macros save yourself time by clicking/button mashing. faster=better, usually...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Having a powershift macro as a Druid is pretty much a necessity. Having grip and lifeswap macros for party1 and party2 on my Spriest I couldn't live without. One shot macros help a lot, cuts out like 0.5s if you press all your abilities separately which could be the difference between the enemy reacting or not.

top tier as in tournament player? probably
    gladiator? no, but having some macros will make your job a lot easier