Deleted

Shaman's Minor Glyphs are still boring.

Honestly, even after MOP and all these promised "New Features", shamans still are lacking in the fun department. Don't get me wrong, I still love playing my main who is a Shaman. And I also know that some other classes don't have fun glyphs either, but since shaman is my main.
    Here are some ideas I have quickly gathered together to improve these minor glyphs, feel free to share your own :

Glyph of Weapon Holding
    With this Glyph you have the choice to hold your 1 handed weapons on your back, for a more pleasing appearance. Instead of farming old weapons just for them to go on your back

Glyph of Thor
    With this Glyph your Stormstrike calls upon the God of Thunder himself, calling down a Strike of Lightning and will transform your weapon to gold when attacking. Will wear off when you are out of combat

Glyph of Control Elemental
    Teaches you the spell Control Elemental, this spells lets you bind an Elemental to the users will for 5 minutes. Can only be used on Targets the same level or lower.

Glyph of Lightning Speed
    Replaces your Ghost Wolf spell with a Lightning Speed spell, this spell makes your character run the same speed, but you cannot attack in this form, it will hold the same attributes as the Ghost Wolf, but instead of being a wolf, you are your character with lighting coming from your character and a sprint animation.

Glyph of Elemental Spirit
    This glyph changes your Feral Spirit to look like Two Air Elementals.

Glyph of Weapon Imbue
    Replaces your windfury and flametongue weapon with a more pleasing appearance.
    Windfury - Makes it look like winds are flowing around your weapon.
    Flametongue - Fire shoots out from your weapon.

Glyph of Zeus
    All Lightning spells will now have a Golden Lightning Strike. Instead of Blue

i like the idea for the glyphs of zeus, lightning speed and thor =)

Cuz at this point if they announced a new minor glyph people would just facepalm;"Is this how you fix shamans?".

Youre not the only class with boring minor or major. Some classes have some really great choices some dont. Save your energy, dont expect any major changes this expansion to glyphs, only glyph changes are ones related to changes in abilities

15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have their time and resources invested into making Elemental more "fun", "wow!" and "interesting" than just glyphs to band-aid it.

Minor glyphs sucking kinda... well sucks, yes, but I much rather see it changed at the core of the class rather than just simply the glyphs.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Love the lightning speed glyph. =3

You should post these ideas on the official forms. Don't let the people crying for buffs put you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnsome View Post
    Honestly, even after MOP and all these promised "New Features", shamans still are lacking in the fun department. Don't get me wrong, I still love playing my main who is a Shaman. And I also know that some other classes don't have fun glyphs either, but since shaman is my main.
    Here are some ideas I have quickly gathered together to improve these minor glyphs, feel free to share your own :

Glyph of Weapon Holding
    With this Glyph you have the choice to hold your 1 handed weapons on your back, for a more pleasing appearance. Instead of farming old weapons just for them to go on your back

Glyph of Thor
    With this Glyph your Stormstrike calls upon the God of Thunder himself, calling down a Strike of Lightning and will transform your weapon to gold when attacking. Will wear off when you are out of combat

Glyph of Control Elemental
    Teaches you the spell Control Elemental, this spells lets you bind an Elemental to the users will for 5 minutes. Can only be used on Targets the same level or lower.

Glyph of Lightning Speed
    Replaces your Ghost Wolf spell with a Lightning Speed spell, this spell makes your character run the same speed, but you cannot attack in this form, it will hold the same attributes as the Ghost Wolf, but instead of being a wolf, you are your character with lighting coming from your character and a sprint animation.

Glyph of Elemental Spirit
    This glyph changes your Feral Spirit to look like Two Air Elementals.

Glyph of Weapon Imbue
    Replaces your windfury and flametongue weapon with a more pleasing appearance.
    Windfury - Makes it look like winds are flowing around your weapon.
    Flametongue - Fire shoots out from your weapon.

Glyph of Zeus
    All Lightning spells will now have a Golden Lightning Strike. Instead of Blue
    I would love a minor glyph that would allow us to stay in our ascendance form i would really love that similar to the boomkins minor glyph

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the "real fixes, not cosmetics, please" column. That being said, there are a few that I'd really like to see some day:

Glyph of Elemental Companion - You may summon a tiny elemental non-combat pet. (Mages have this, why can't we?)
    Glyph of the Lupine Spirit - You may take Ghost Wolf form while dead. (Monks have a version of this; the speed bonus may need to be reduced or turned off while dead.)
    Glyph of Sentry Totem - Teaches you Sentry Totem. (The caster is polymorphed into an (oversized?) air totem for 1 minute, and their title becomes "{name}, Sentry Totem" for the duration of the effect. You may cast Far Sight while in this form; taking any other action or moving cancels this effect.)

Warriors have a superb set of minor glyphs, and I really wish Shaman did as well. Not sure about all the gold colouring you suggest putting into stuff, but changing spell graphical effects would be a step in the right direction.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Cuz at this point if they announced a new minor glyph people would just facepalm;"Is this how you fix shamans?".
    This...and OP's ideas are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    I'm in the "real fixes, not cosmetics, please" column. That being said, there are a few that I'd really like to see some day:

Glyph of Elemental Companion - You may summon a tiny elemental non-combat pet. (Mages have this, why can't we?)
    Glyph of the Lupine Spirit - You may take Ghost Wolf form while dead. (Monks have a version of this; the speed bonus may need to be reduced or turned off while dead.)
    Glyph of Sentry Totem - Teaches you Sentry Totem. (The caster is polymorphed into an (oversized?) air totem for 1 minute, and their title becomes "{name}, Sentry Totem" for the duration of the effect. You may cast Far Sight while in this form; taking any other action or moving cancels this effect.)
    These are good examples, nothing over the top (well I wouldn't do sentry totem as an oversized one, but other then that it's ok) but still usefulll.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-02-11 at 11:23 PM.

I like these imp game now !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This...and OP's ideas are terrible.
    I find it kinda funny how you generalize all my ideas as terrible. Yet use someone else's examples to back up your argument. Infact, there was no point in commenting at all, you didn't even try to contribute.

Well, as long as they didn't neglect more needed shaman changes for it, I could picture many cool cosmetic things...

-glyphs for old animations (for nostalgic guys => old lb, ss and so on animations)
    -glyphs for new Feral Spirit models (similar to above, though I would love never wolf models and maybe the option to have spirit hawks, bears, wind serpents, pumas and so on... would make for more racial individuality the same could be applied to ghost wolf ofc.
    -glyph of elemental shield: your lightning, water and earth shield spells will show three orbs circling the caster at any time, instead of just one
    - glyph of golden shower: your healing rain is no golden (just kidding )
    - more options for hexes' look: mages have like a dozen different polymophs, I'd like the option to have more choices on that as well (wouldn't mind it avaiable from a teacher or buyable book either (examples could be: snake, spider, roach, scorpion, crab... )
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-02-12 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Glyph of Imbue: Your Elemental Weapon enchants override the spell effect of any other weapon enchant.

It's like they didn't even try.
    Hi Sephurik

glyph of lightning fork (you know it was coming^^)

I think new character models should be top prio. Until they are done, nothing aesthetic should be done about the game.

Anyways, I would really like to be able to see my imbues on the weapons. But then again I would not want the old effects since they look like something a cat shat out, (pun intended). So if they added a glyph to make your imbues overwrite the enchant they would really first have to make new effects for the imbues. I really don't see the point of the name enhancement when our enhances aren't even "visible". So yeah, visible imbues please.